References in my opinion are somewhat limited. Peoples interests and limits change over time plus when was the last time a certain mistress saw the person who is asking for a reference. Though there are references among two dommes who know each other which can often be useful in figuring out how the submissive will match with a dommes interests. Case in point when the mistress (Miss Tegan) I used to predominately see in Philadelphia decided to take a sabbatical I reached out to her a few years afterwards since we were still communicating what she thought about Ms. Lydia Supremacy and her play style when it comes to anal play. When I told Miss Tegan I was looking for someone who would push my anal play limits she basically said if you're looking for someone who will push those limits and help you reach new ones to see Ms. Lydia. Since they had both sessioned out of the same location years ago, they knew each other. I was fortunate that Miss Tegan told me that she would reach out to Ms. Lydia on my behalf and make sure she knew what I was comfortable with in a session.