Originally Posted By ztrade
If you are domme, have you persuaded some subs to drop or change their limit, or did it seem to happen naturally?

When someone establishes limits with me I don't fuck with them. I believe it is profoundly disrespectful and sabotages the cultivation of trust.

That said, I have asked people if I can inquire further for clarification about them. Because I've learned that what some people think is a limit is actually something else.

Quote:
There are what seem to be dozens of short posts here on fisch or domina or in the blogs of some dommes of guys who had "limit A" and who decided to change or drop "limit A" after a few sessions.

Yes, this happens. Whether it's because someone trusts you more than they did the previous session or because their consciousness and curiosity are expanding. It's happened for me, too.

Quote:
Or, in a session, the sub was so impressed and happy with the domme that he gave her permission in any future sessions to push past what had been his limits and he was agreeing to drop them for her.

Even when someone changes a limit with me -- especially if it's a major change -- I still sometimes ask to make sure that they aren't changing it because they think they "have to" or because it will impress me. Even more so if they suggest making changes during a scene, as I usually assume they are "under the influence".