Mistress, I only heard of the term years and years after my first sessions in the 1970s with the legendary Belle de Jour. In those days I almost trembled when I dialed the phone knowing I'd hear her voice.

Over the years subspace develops in the first phone call, text or email with a Mistress, usually one I've known to set up an appointment and discussing what (in my case) the role play might be and what activities may occur. If a deposit is demanded (happened with two Mistresses I've known) going to their bank, depositing cash and texting the Mistress and getting a seductive acknowledgement. It deepens the night before the session or early that day, preparing what you might wear in session and what the Mistress may wear or what she will look like that day. Even illicitly planning how I would secretly change my schedule to steal time and serve Her.

Over the years I put myself in a proper mood, namely "She hired ME for HER entertainment." It made me feel much more subservient and more of an exhibitionist... male slut. While I've always outlined my likes, dislikes and what the role play might entail I've never believed in scripts. There was subdued public play. They knew how far to take me. Each one had little rituals. One had me fold and hang up her street clothes once we got to her (or my) hotel room and then I would kneel down to count out the tribute in her hands. (Always $20s.) Another Mistress, years ago, introduced by Belle de Jour, I swear had such gorgeous eyes she'd hypnotize me. Or so it seemed.

The two most memorable to me, no names, knew me very well. Each one would coax me to try something new or, extemporaneously, something would happen and I would be all accepting due to mutual trust and (I like to think) mutual enjoyment. And I'd get into deeper and deeper subspace. When it gets like that it is intoxicating, dare I say addictive. She knows it, you know it. Luckily I've been with some fine ladies who took me to the edge, but never over it. I hope this makes some sense. I'm almost in subspace trying to describe this.