Enjoying all the replies very much.

To echo what some have said, NY seemed like a magical place to me in terms from BDSM from the mid/late 90s to the early 2000s (or am I just viewing these times with rose tinted spectacles?). It seems lazy and convenient to say the wild crazy times ended around 9/11 but of course that was also coming to the end of the Rudy era, when the city was transforming into a safer but more sterile and corporate place. The money moved in and the dungeons/dive bars/artists started to be forced out of Manhattan.

I have amazing memories of Mistress Nadine and her dungeon called Abasement in Soho. Truly a one of a kind place. Being underground gave it a certain extra visceral atmosphere when it came to torture sessions. M.Nadine was heavily into bondage and had her furniture custom made by her brother. Awesome one of a kind stuff, functional and stylish. I hope all the gear found a good home. M.Nadine was a dream mix of a highly skilled bondage top, creative sadist and an all around cool person. She could really take you to the edge and back. Multiple times in fact. Mentally and physically.

I got to session once with Diana Balance at Elizabeths. For a boot fetishist like myself if was such a privilege to meet a legendary lady, just before she stopped seeing new clients.

The parties could be wild. I am trying to remember a few of the names of them. SMack on the Lower East Side was a fun one. A mix of lifestyle people and pros 'off the clock' plus some kick ass stage performances. Hellfire and Vault were a couple of others. Anybody go to any of those parties back then?