I love these "memory lane" threads.

I guess for me, a New Yorker, my favorite times were the houses of the late '80s/early '90s, most specifically Angel Stern's (23rd St. was the best, and then 25th St.), and the second incarnation of Nutcracker (25th St., I believe). At the former I especially liked Veronika and Helena, and at the latter Isabella Sinclaire. A few years later Mistress Elizabeth's came on the scene, and while the rooms weren't as great, there were so many fantastic dommes who began their careers there, including Diana Balance, the late Gael, Karen, Alicia, Adrienne (also RIP) and Blake, who, along with Alicia, is still doing sessions.

I remember there was a stretch where there seemed to be a new house every few months. Now, I can't imagine we'll see a new house in NY anytime in the near or medium-range future.

Regarding the classic full leather look, yes, it's not so much in vogue now. I was lucky to be in Germany a while ago and sessioned with Mistress Bella Lugosi at Studio Avalon. She's fantastic and with a great leather wardrobe.