Hi all. I was born in 57, so I am a bit old smile

Certainly jealous of the two posters who got into BDSM in their 20s. I hope you had some great times while you were young and naive.

My first experiences were when I lived in London in the 90s where you would get a card from one of those quaint red telephone boxes and call the number. You never really knew what you were going to get and who the lady would be when you got there.

You had your heart in your mouth as you usually went up some narrow stairs. Often there was a maid, who set up all the appointments for the Domme and you paid her a couple of pounds in addition to your session fee. Generally it seemed to be for half hour and you would do mainly one thing, at least that is how it was for me. OTK spanking maybe, or the English like caning. I had mixed experiences but once met a fabulously stern and beautiful rubenesque lady in leather who gave me my first (but not my last) leather gloved face slapping. Sadly next time I tried the number it was dead and I never saw her again.

But yes the internet changed everything. The late 90s/ early 2000s were a real sweet spot. For the first time you could see all these wonderful Dominant ladies, you could see their outfits, their gear, you could read their thoughts and desires. Hell there was even some primitive video around!

You could really get an idea of who you were going to meet if you put in the research. Of course, there were still houses, especially in New York, where you could walk in and just pick someone right then. And for sure there were some future stars who honed their craft in houses and went on to be the best of the best. But still it was a gamble, albeit a convenient one. The play parties at places like Paddles were a good option too.

New York seemed like the epicenter and I had a bunch of mindblowing times in the Big Apple. At first I dabbled in houses, but soon I would gravitate towards the independent ladies who had been in the business for a while and honed their craft. I liked to meet sadistic and smart ladies and boy I hit the jackpot.

Florida was also a state where I had some wild and memorable encounters. I had no idea it would be such a hot spot for professional BDSM, or maybe I just got lucky. Also spectacular times in the midwest, but I didn't get out and sample the scene on the West Coast until much later, so I missed out on meeting some of the superstars like Ilsa Strix and Petra Saint.

I will write more about some of the ladies I met next time.