OldGuy57, welcome!
Well, you opened the door so I might as well walk right in. If 57 is your age I'm about 10 years older than you. As several of my posts have indicated I've been in and out of the scene since I was 20 in the early '70s NYC through last year. Retired down South now and given where I am and where my Mistress is, NYC, I'm probably retired from sessions too so I've been reminiscing a lot recently.

I'll center on the mid '90s, when I got back into the scene, to 2001. During that period, even when the web emerged with MaxFisch around 1999, Feminine Mystique, Screw, NY Magazine's personal ads (with no pics!) and other print mags were go to places to get info on new Dominas. To be a sub on the phone, and only the phone to go by, with a Domina and no pics was an art form to ask respectful questions and see if you were compatible. (Dominas has to be comfortable with you too.)

Whenever I got back into sessions I'd find out what Belle de Jour was doing, my first Mistress, and while she was retired by then she had a couple of places in Manhattan and would recommend Dominas I would like such as Mistress Paloma at a W. 14th St. dungeon she invested in. Mistress Melora in the East 60s sessioned out of her apartment and was big and physical enough to be a wrestler, and I'm big and physical too, so she was a handful! It was a preview of the female bodybuilder scene I got into in the early to mid 2000s.

Of the Dominas I met through the web, I was an Empress Dominque regular from 1998 to 2001 when she shared her own dungeon in Jersey City, a skilled Mistress and gorgeous woman. She had her own forum on MaxFisch, as well as Mistress Persephone who, for a time was based at Arena Blaze in Manhattan and loved the goth / horror look and reminded me of a 1950s horror or scifi actress, dangerously sexy. I also sessioned at Tara Indiana's place and met Mistress Paige, who was an athletic Amazon and had that Bettie Page look. That was popular then too.

But a lot of the '90s ads, and the Mistresses, had that black leather, boots, corset look some have mentioned. Some young Mistresses, those I did not session with, had that "Madonna MTV Video" domina look. (Eh...)

As for sessions I was lucky since the Dominas I saw like or were willing to do my "Amazon Queen vs captured Tarzan" scene with light spanking, light bondage, tease & denial and some (NOT the Empress OR Persephone) body worship. The latter was extensive in the '70s, disappeared in the '80s due to HIV, and made a limited comeback in the '90s.

I met one Mistress in '96 or '97 based in a small Queens dungeon who I sessioned with off and on ever since, especially the past four years or so. She is UTR so I won't mention her name. Met her through the no picture NY Magazine listings. Haven't seen her since last fall and we have not been in touch the past month or more, and we have been close. I expect any day to here she has moved on too.

Great memories though with all the ladies. If you want to hear about the '70s and '80s, ask away.