I'm no economist so I can't speak to the stagflation prediction, although the inflation part of stagflation I don't see. I also don't see a resurgence in domination houses, as much as I would like to. As someone living in NYC, I've seen houses just slowly vanish over time, and I don't see that trend reversing in a time of extreme economic uncertainty and when there's a continued possibility of rolling shut downs due to bursts of coronavirus activity. Houses also work on the concept of volume, and I think it will be a while before a larger number of people want to shuffle in and out of shared play spaces, one entering five minutes after another leaves.

There's also a younger generation that has grown up on domination online, findom, fandom re Only Fans, etc., and for whom house culture is alien. Add to that a climate that's generally less sex-work friendly than the one in the '70s.

I think it's going to a year or more before things get back to some kind of new normal and there will have been a lot of wreckage along the way.

As for rates and tributes, I see them being all over the place. There are some clients who are not so price sensitive and $100/hour either way isn't a big deal. I think those of us who are interested in seeing someone highly skilled, with equipment/wardrobe, and who gets deep into the psychology of things will be okay to pay more, even if that means sessioning a bit less.