What experiences have you folks had with mood elevation resulting from caning and whipping, if any? That is either as a domme or a guy?

I had lunch yesterday (2/29/16) with a Christian friend of mine and this particular Christian friend of mine is depressed and has been depressed in more or less degree for years. Anyway it reminded me of the amateur "study" I have done (meaning, reading articles and stories on the Net) re spanking, caning, whipping and depression.

there is one website recoverdepression.blogspot.com which even has a page on the topic of how whipping has cured a number of people . . .

In the spanking subset of bdsm, there are or seem to be dozens of givers and receivers who claim that being spanked elevates their mood and prevents or eliminates depression and certain poor moods.

Here, at maxfisch or domina, many of us include some spanking or caning but it is not the main discussion topic and perhaps not even the main choice on the menu for some of us, whether domme or sub, with a few exceptions.