Originally Posted By Soapy
My answer is conditional.

I think the historical roots of wives & children taking a man's name are based on flawed thinking and oppression.

I also think doing the inverse to make a statement is still reinforcing that tradition and still rests on the same faulty thinking.

I do think there is practical value in a couple and their children all sharing the same last name.

Outside of practical issues I don't have a strong preference for any style of nomenclature.

I would take a woman's last name if doing so had a strong meaning for her and if I agreed with that meaning. I would do it out of my love for her.

Agreed, this all makes sense to me. I got married in December, and both my husband and I actually changed our names to a new last name that combines the sounds of our previous names. Like how Jim + Pam = Jam smile We revel in the little clan we have cultivated and wanted to celebrate that. Logistically, I also would never want to deal with hyphenated or different names for different children.

Funny, the troll in this thread said men should be proud of their name and yet it was his mother that freaked, though we expected his father to lololol

Edited by Miss Adah Vonn (05/23/20 01:13 PM)

Website »» AdahVonn.com
Twitter »» @TopDomme
OnlyFans »» @TopDomme