Quote:
That is pretty good. Judging by my Facebook feed many people are eating a lot of takeout "to support the restaurants". A lot of people will be heavier when this is all over.

It had more to do with losing myself in exertion as a distraction. And having no appetite. I've cried at the drop of a hat throughout this ordeal.
Quote:
People were so hyped up with other things it took a major effort to settle down enough to read. I felt bad one day when my sister told me if she reads books at all they are "beach novels". She was a literature major in college.

Proust is pretty escapist actually. And there's so little conflict. There's yearning and disappointments, but no real contest of wills or broken hearts.
Quote:
I don't think we have even seen the head of the monster yet.

Politicians and other people have been irresponsible. I think there is going to be harsh second wave and the virus itself will be creeping around for a while.

There could certainly be another wave in the fall. But nothing will ever feel like late March and early April. Death roaming the streets like that and not knowing what to do. It'll never feel like that again - even if it becomes numerically worse.