Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Recents posts on here have brought up something I have long been curious about. It's not uncommon for a "sub" to get crosswise with a Pro Domme and turn a full 180, becoming extremely nasty and denigrating not only us, but women in general - which shows their true feelings about women. I have often wondered what these guys see in doing sessions? Is it a type of masochism? ... Any thoughts?

I think there are multiple reasons why this happens. Some which seem to have obvious explanations to me and others which don't.

I think one reason is that they have longstanding issues with a female figure in their life. Likely their mother. Men who cling to Dommes and seem to desperately want their attention, sometimes trying both healthy and unhealthy ways, sometimes becoming sycophants for them, only to turn nasty when they don't get what they want, seem to hint at feelings of abandonment. They are using Dommes as a stand-in "mother" figure that they hope to finally get the attention they never got from their mother.

I could keep going but I could write a thesis on my interactions and speculations about the maladapative behavior I have experienced as a Domme and woman.