Originally Posted By future pet
I'm running a little more. 4 mile runs are now 6 miles with more hills intentionally added. Driving-wise all I do is move the car for alternate side. Otherwise I'm on foot, bike or kick scooter. Lost about 8 to 10 lbs since quarantine started (for me) on March 16th. Not eating much and all.

That is pretty good. Judging by my Facebook feed many people are eating a lot of takeout "to support the restaurants". A lot of people will be heavier when this is all over.

Quote:

I've read quite a bit. Stuff I never got around to. Mostly done with Remembrance of Things Past. It's a miracle of observation and a meditation on the way memory works. Don't think I would have tackled it under any other circumstances though.

Same. People were so hyped up with other things it took a major effort to settle down enough to read. I felt bad one day when my sister told me if she reads books at all they are "beach novels". She was a literature major in college.

Quote:

But this is as close as most of us will ever come to witnessing a biblical event; and that's meant independent of anyone's notions of religion. The flood is receding. Or at least we hope it is. And we'll see what remains in its wake.

I don't think we have even seen the head of the monster yet.

Politicians and other people have been irresponsible. I think there is going to be harsh second wave and the virus itself will be creeping around for a while.