I'm running a little more. 4 mile runs are now 6 miles with more hills intentionally added. Driving-wise all I do is move the car for alternate side. Otherwise I'm on foot, bike or kick scooter. Lost about 8 to 10 lbs since quarantine started (for me) on March 16th. Not eating much and all.

I've read quite a bit. Stuff I never got around to. Mostly done with Remembrance of Things Past. It's a miracle of observation and a meditation on the way memory works. Don't think I would have tackled it under any other circumstances though.

Most of that stuff is superficial though.

There's an assisted living facility 2 blocks north of me. The seniors are crazy about my little doggo who is very sweet with anyone who enjoys sitting still. 1 mile south, there's the hospital.

March and April it seemed like there was always an ambulance screaming through the light on my corner on the way from point a to point b. In the absence of other activity of any kind in town, it was safe to assume it was for covid. 17 times the ambulance didn't make it back to the facility.

I won't ever forget 7pm. But I won't forget those ambulances racing through the empty streets either. My dog, who is afraid of fireworks and lightening but is otherwise a happy, quiet little soul, was mortified for weeks and seemed to sense something had gone horribly wrong and wouldn't leave my side.

I guess we're all a little fucked up now. Looking at everyone like they might have plague isn't good for the soul. But this is as close as most of us will ever come to witnessing a biblical event; and that's meant independent of anyone's notions of religion. The flood is receding. Or at least we hope it is. And we'll see what remains in its wake.