Originally Posted By RudolfWhitmer
No, I completely disagree with the social distance stuff and orwellian reality we are all sleep walking into. I honestly see no issues with proceeding as we used to. There is no need for these silly plastic cages up at stores.

We're adults and can take risks. It's not as fun with the distance, nor do I want to play into it or perpetuate it. Hopefully a majority feel the same way I do.

“Orwellian reality we are all sleep walking into...”

Okay, I’ve gotta admit. I’ve had a couple of glasses of wine. And read one too many of your posts. Yes, you do have a way with words, like those who believe in the corporate dogma of corporations, freedom of choice during a pandemic (which is like “free trade,“ which means for corporations, in the U.S. “we are free do do whatever the fuck we want”), and trashing science and medicine because you are afraid the current pandemic will make you and your ilk lose some political power (temporarily) and MAY have to pay a bit more taxes. Or, if you are like many, not worth hundreds of millions or even millions, deluding yourself that this is a “conspiracy” concocted from Obama, Clinton, Kennedys, ancient aliens and the Knights Templar, etc., etc., etc.

The Orwellian reality we have been living with is corporate takeover of the USA since Reagan was elected President in 1980. Rights of working class citizens and their paychecks have eroded ever since. Oh yes, I agree, there has been an “Orwellian reality“ but it has been around for at least 40 years. Maybe since JFK was killed? And the Orange mIsogynist possible traitor in control is the reason for the outbreak of this virus is worse for us than any other country.... at least from verifiable info we can track. Because this is about verifiable science, data and facts. Yeah... facts. Truth matters, not dogma. If you’re a fan of Pravda from the ‘70s to the ‘90s (or beyond) watch Fox.

And by the way... in the words of Frank Sinatra, “I’m in a good mood.”