Yes, exactly. That's why guns and ammo are at the top of the list. If you need food, you should take it. But I prefer having food and water and a gun so I can stay defensive.

But food could potentially be a currency soon and I highly recommend people have a fridge and freezer full of it, a pantry full and long term multi-year shelf life storable food. Get all that before any luxury items.

And get a portable generator for $300-$400 in case the power goes out so you don't lose a fridge of food.

When you watch movies and they uncover a secret cave or underground tomb full of treasure.... is it ever a room full of printed currency? No, it's gold and silver. These have stood the test of time and are not out of reach for most people. I would recommend they have at least some on hand. As well as some physical US currency in case the banks just suddenly close to prevent a run on the banks since we know banks only really keep around 5% of total deposits on hand. Just imagine what happens when everyone loses confidence that their money is safe and makes a run on the banks to withdrawal.