I'm the sort of person who hates to throw anything away, even things beyond hope (which is probably why I'm still here). I was clearing some junk out of my garage today (once a year, every hear, on my birthday) and decided that it was time to retire a leather slingback chair that I rescued from a friend's discard-when-moving pile several years ago. I didn't find it comfortable enough to use very much, and after the stiching gave out, out to the garage it went.

There's quite a bit of leather here, very heavy, about 4 mm thick, in need of some loving care. It'd dirty and there's some mildew, but a good rubdown with saddle soap would probably get it back into condition.

I was thinking that it would be good for making a few paddles or straps that I'd be scared of being on the receiving end of. There are two pieces, each about 3 feet long by about a foot and a half wide. I'd love to know that it will once more meet with a behind or few.

I'm in the Washington DC area if you want to pick it up, or I could box it up and ship it for the shipping cost.