In one of my session breaks I didn’t have one from 1978 or ‘79 until around 1984. I began again that year because I felt the need and continued until ‘87 or ‘88. When I returned the world - especially NYC - was involved in the AIDS epidemic.

Suffice it to say that the wide open BDSM, fetish, role play sessions of the ‘70s were over and their was far more caution in terms of sensuality. Possible arrests? Of course. But the big thing was the disease. Unless the Mistress knew you very well the best you could hope for might be breast or foot/leg worship, if that. And, at least for me, when I returned I went back to someone I knew, Mistress Belle de Jour, who by that point had a major dungeon and recommended a Mistress or two to see based on knowing my likes/dislikes, and the ladies who she trusted, one being a niece, Mistress Gloria, and the other the legendary Mistress Ava Taurel, who just began practicing as a domina before going on her own.

Of course I’m a lot older now. The last few days, with some inspiration from this site, I’m ready to session again. But... thinking with my other head, the one on my shoulders, when I do session live & in person, I’m doing with someone who I know and respect who I’m sure will be taking every precaution imaginable. But I’m going to wait until late summer at the earliest. Again, as I always say, just my 2 cents.