by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Where the hell am I?
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
Strip Club Sessions
by llf
04/20/24 04:13 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Topic Options
#9716 - 03/09/20 04:10 PM edgeplay meanings
ztrade Online   content
Enthusiast

when a domme uses the term edge play to refer to some of her interests, what does it tend to mean?

wikipedia says that it often refers to behavior more risky than the usual safe, sane and consensual.

The wiki says that it tends to mean breath play, fire play (meaning candle wax dropping or something else?), knife play, fear play, cutting and bloodplay. Apparently, for some, it also means or includes scat or barebacking in some scenes or non-condomized contact or sex.

#9729 - 03/10/20 11:37 AM Re: edgeplay meanings [Re: ztrade]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Hi ztrade. Probably like the internet, Dommes are going to have different activities that they consider edge play. For me it's breath play, fire play, knife play, fear play, intox and taking any other activities to the extreme - like caning to the point of bleeding. These are all things that I would do with consent and with the right person. All of these can be dangerous but they can also be done safely with the right skill and a healthy bottom.

Fire play is where you apply alcohol to small areas of the body, light it and then snuff it out - generally with the stroke of the hand. It's beautiful to watch, most subs love the way it feels - but it does have risks which throws it into edge play.

I also consider cutting, hooks, blood play (needles can also be considered edge play), scat, etc. to be edge play. I just don't do them.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#9739 - 03/11/20 01:48 AM Re: edgeplay meanings [Re: ztrade]
Ruby Enraylls Offline

Loc: Seattle, Wa
Originally Posted By ztrade
when a domme uses the term edge play to refer to some of her interests, what does it tend to mean?

wikipedia says that it often refers to behavior more risky than the usual safe, sane and consensual.

The wiki says that it tends to mean breath play, fire play (meaning candle wax dropping or something else?), knife play, fear play, cutting and bloodplay. Apparently, for some, it also means or includes scat or barebacking in some scenes or non-condomized contact or sex.

Edge play isn't a particular set of activities. Edge play for someone could be putting on panties if it pushes their boundaries/puts them in a headspace where they feel "on the edge"- hence edge play. It's really about pushing the limit and testing it, the activity itself is inconsequential although typically one would classify toilet play, CNC, knife play and breath play as edge play due to their impact on the vast majority of people.
I would leave barebacking out typically unless that's something that you would classify as highly unusual behavior (perhaps maybe it is a social or cultural taboo.) The reasoning for this is because it's much the same as saying you have a fetish for blowjobs which is an incorrect use of the word "fetish".

#9755 - 03/12/20 03:37 AM Re: edgeplay meanings [Re: ztrade]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By ztrade

I agree with what what you're saying Wiki has as a definition. It is something which has a higher possibility of causing real, lasting harm. So, yes: breath play (cardiac arrest, death), fire play (serious burns), cutting and bloodplay (too much blood loss, possible transmission of bloodborne pathogens, "fear" play (could cause mental/emotional damage, could trigger subconscious trauma), and I'd also agree with scat (risk of Hep A, e coli, etc) and barebacking (risk of a whole swath of STIs, some of which are life-changing).

Two others I can think of right now are consumption of fluids blood, urine, saliva (risk of pathogen transmission) and trauma reenactments (potential to go disastrously wrong).

Some people define it as something that pushes the bottom and/or sub to the "edge". I don't agree with this because it means that anything could be edge play and I don't see that as helpful. The point of having a separate category is to highlight to inherent risk in those activities.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (03/12/20 06:37 AM)

#9768 - 03/13/20 10:37 PM Re: edgeplay meanings [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Kneel4Her Offline
Regular

Loc: GA
Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
For me it's breath play, fire play, knife play, fear play, intox and taking any other activities to the extreme - like caning to the point of bleeding. These are all things that I would do with consent and with the right person. All of these can be dangerous but they can also be done safely with the right skill and a healthy bottom.

Always learn interesting things on here. Every one of those sound exciting, although I'm not entirely sure what fear play or intox entail.

Makes sense that these sort of things are considered "edge" play because they could be so risky. Definitely not something I would consider unless I trusted the individual.

Shout Box

Who's Online
302 registered (Soapy, furfan, ingridguerci94, Cheyenne, langerr, Chi61, denali, cbtlover, TheDriver, midlet, Domina M, bane, HenryB, The Thomas, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Swinburne, nysubjack, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, CelesteTaylor, cbot, WestAugust, palmer, HellionCobRoller, painslut, marstoy, international, buffalo, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Bruce88, ztrade, Jogo, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, Lady Velvet Steel, Domina_Felicity_Hart, LAN, Mistress Aurianna, Protons1, domtsub, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, broom, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, Boucheron, tosser, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, artiemus1, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, Jeffmill999, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, sheba322000, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 31839 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Atlanta Dungeon