Sara Lips Wrestling
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
03/27/24 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#9657 - 03/04/20 07:51 PM Online booking
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

I had an interesting experience recently. Scheduled a session at a dungeon (Wicked Eden in Columbus) and the whole scheduling process was via their site. You select the Dom, could see available time slots, etc. No emails, texting, phone, etc. I’m a big fan of online for pretty much anything, shopping, food delivery, restaurant reservations, haircuts, etc. But this was the first time I’ve ever seen it as an option for a BDSM session. Personally, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread as I usually loathe the whole scheduling process. Curious if others have see this elsewhere and if folks liked it as much as I did. I mostly session with independents, so it’s possible I’ve just missed this trend.

#9665 - 03/05/20 09:12 AM Re: Online booking [Re: Chi61]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Hello Chi61. Welcome to the forum. This is the first I have heard of this soup to nuts approach. I've seen online booking forms, online calendars but not the entire process from beginning to end. Was the deposit handled in that one booking transaction too?

Dungeons that handle the bookings for Dommes are usually limited to houses like Pandora's Box but I suppose it could become a thing with independents too. I can see where it would be super efficient to do it that way, but it also seems a little impersonal. I like some interaction with a new submissive before we meet.

There is also a group of individuals that don't want to use online forms. I am not a techie but I have been told there is a question about security and that it is more vulnerable than email. That was the word going around several years ago when online applications starting popping up on Dommes websites. It might not be the case now. Maybe some of your web savvy members will chime in here.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#9669 - 03/05/20 03:52 PM Re: Online booking [Re: Mistress Ayn]
AynsToy Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
I am not a techie but I have been told there is a question about security and that it is more vulnerable than email. That was the word going around several years ago when online applications starting popping up on Dommes websites. It might not be the case now. Maybe some of your web savvy members will chime in here.

Security is always an issue with any online system that stores personal information. Security methods do continue to evolve and become more robust, but if a nefarious individual is dead-set on hacking into a particular system, then chances are they will find a way to do so ... unfortunately, that is just the nature of the world we live in. One would just have to weigh the convenience vs. the risk in going the online route.

~AynsToy

#9670 - 03/05/20 05:02 PM Re: Online booking [Re: Chi61]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
Not seen it before. I would love it for repeat visits. For my initial visit, I do think some email exchanges are important; I don't know that I'd love walking into a session with a new-to-me domme who I didn't have a bit of a discussion with

#9671 - 03/05/20 07:21 PM Re: Online booking [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, deposit was part of the process. There was a long form with interests/experiences that followed the booking, so I guess technically was a two step process the first time. Any subsequent bookings I think will be 1 step. I did have some concerns myself over data and privacy, but ultimately voted for convenience. If it wasn’t a highly reputable Dom/dungeon I wouldn’t have done it. Also, while I’ve never sessioned with this particular Dom before, based on my research, I’m pretty confident her style/interests line up well with mine. I should also mention that the first session includes a 30 minute interview, so I think that hopefully compensates for the lack of dialogue up front. My session is this weekend, so I’ll post back with a final report!

#9675 - 03/06/20 11:36 AM Re: Online booking [Re: Chi61]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
Originally Posted By Chi61
I should also mention that the first session includes a 30 minute interview, so I think that hopefully compensates for the lack of dialogue up front.

What if the interview session doesn't go well? Would you have the fortitude to walk out, and will they refund you your deposit? I think I know the answers to those questions ("probably not" and "no"), but it's more to highlight that you're taking on an awful lot (clearing your day, getting ready, driving to and from, and of course the $deposit) with a decently high risk (if you're very particular) of wasting it all, when a couple of simple emails could have established compatibility. In addition, many pro dommes tell me they plan out their sessions in advance, or at least have a basic plan -- do you think you gave them enough info (beyond just an interest list) that they could do that?

Anyway, just playing a little devil's advocate, since this would definitely make me cautious for a first session. Subsequent sessions, I'd love it

#9676 - 03/06/20 11:44 AM Re: Online booking [Re: Swordfish]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
My thoughts exactly, swordfish. I also like time to wrap my head around a session. It's part of the enjoyment to me. A 30 minute interview just prior seems like a waste of 30 minutes and it wouldn't give me that ruminating time that I enjoy.

Hopefully all will go well.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#9681 - 03/06/20 01:35 PM Re: Online booking [Re: Chi61]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Addict

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Chi61
Scheduled a session at a dungeon (Wicked Eden in Columbus) and the whole scheduling process was via their site. You select the Dom, could see available time slots, etc. No emails, texting, phone, etc. I’m a big fan of online for pretty much anything, shopping, food delivery, restaurant reservations, haircuts, etc. But this was the first time I’ve ever seen it as an option for a BDSM session. Personally, I thought it was the best thing since sliced bread as I usually loathe the whole scheduling process.

I can definitely see how that would be appealing for people and am glad it worked for you. I couldn't do that, however. I can't imagine that it would work for most independent Dommes (and, admittedly, making it so easy for people to see a Domme is why some of us are wary of getting refs from houses -- they don't always have very good safety protocol).

First thing is I don't want people to think that seeing me is just a matter of finding a spot in my schedule and paying a deposit. That's an easy way in for a psychopath or LE.

While I do session with most of the *serious* people who ask for a scene, there are a number who are clearly not serious or flaky and will end up wasting your time. So, I don't want to block out spots on my schedule for people if I don't even know if I want to session with them yet.

Also, it just too impersonal for me. I need to talk to everyone first and we have to decide to want to play together before I'd ever ask them for a deposit.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (03/06/20 01:37 PM)

#9683 - 03/06/20 04:42 PM Re: Online booking [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

I should probably clarify a couple points

-this isn’t what I would call a big house. It’s 3 or 4 Doms. With the top Dom being very well known/established. That blurs the line for me on calling it a house vs independent. It’s essentially her dungeon.

-I did a fair amount of research on the Dom I’m sessioning with, does this guarantee a good session, no but neither do emails or calls

-As far as screening, the process did require giving more personal information than I’m normally comfortable with. I suspect that offers some protection on their end

-My interests are pretty straightforward, if I was looking for a more elaborate session, I probably wouldn’t have done it this way. I’m also fairly experienced, 15 years of sessioning and feel like I’m pretty good at picking Doms who’s interests/style match my interest/style

-They also have a number you can call to book and you can also email. So, you don’t have to do it online,I just personally preferred it.

Anyway,hope I’m not coming across as defensive. I just found it interesting and for me, in this particular case helpful. Glad my first post here generated some discussion! Here’s the link to their site if anyone is interested.
https://wickededen.com/

#9685 - 03/07/20 12:05 AM Re: Online booking [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I can relate to both sides here. Once I had a mistress with an open website where a text field would generate emails. She was complaining that she had to read hundreds of emails, mostly spam, so I generated for her a replacement page, based on a form, where all entries like phone numbers, emails or dates were strictly validated, and in answer to Swordfish existing customers had a different form from new ones.

However, she chose not to use it for reasons similar to what Mistress Ayn says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (Slv4u, The Thomas, DominaAdmin, nysubjack, Moth to a Flame, Mistress Tissa, Soapy, langerr, Lady Velvet Steel, Awillingstudent, WestAugust, porkster, Chi61, TheDriver, Mistress UV, marstoy, cbtlover, Cheyenne, ChicagoSlicker, denali, Ms_Gia_Peccato, furfan, buffalo, international, Chuck123, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ztrade, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27326 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Madam Mysteria