Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#8313 - 11/20/19 02:27 AM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: buffalo]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Yes, agreed. Her demand is much greater with a majorly larger pool of clients. Ah Well. I am really happy with my fancy dungeon and the mental challenges of preparing for all kinds of different people and psychologies. That is what makes it fun. On the other hand, if session prices lowered, I would have to weigh my options.

M

#8332 - 11/20/19 01:58 PM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: junglebeast]
Kneel4Her Offline
Regular

Loc: GA
Originally Posted By junglebeast

BDSM is an expensive hobby, if I may call it that.

Ha! Yes, that's one way to put it! And I thought my hiking/backpacking hobby was expensive. laugh

Also, there is price variance depending on your location. I grew up in New Jersey and the cost of living before I left was astronomical. I could never afford to live there in my career...I'd have to make more than double my salary to have the same standard of living. I would imagine a session with a Domme in NYC is much higher even than what has been mentioned here as about a standard rate.

Edited by Kneel4Her (11/20/19 01:59 PM)

#8344 - 11/20/19 07:28 PM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Kneel4Her]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
It actually varies wildly because there is a lot more competition and attitudes/approaches. It ranges from ridiculously expensive to actually cheaper than standard.

#8370 - 11/21/19 12:36 PM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Domina M]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Good for you. In general while it’s necessary to earn a certain amount of money to live decently once that is met I’d choose enjoyment of my job over money. If you are not happy at work it’s not worth it. I’d rather have a fun challenging job that pays less than a boring job I dislike that pays more.

#8519 - 11/30/19 09:26 AM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Soapy]
birchboy Offline

Loc: Midwest, us
Nice post. I see four things affecting the price now. From classical economics arguments anyway vs. 1980-1990's era.

1] Cost of sales is lower: This includes advertising, screening, and booking. The internet is responsible. More demand.

2] Everything else is more expensive: Real estate,utilities, Domme Gear, a bunch of other stuff. Fixed costs.

3] The client base (Americans) is less affluent in real dollars, with a few exceptions. Less Demand.

4] The industry is largely unregulated and competitive, which lowers prices, especially with almost unlimited choice (internet). Look at heavily regulated industries like health care (Americans) for the other extreme. Elasticity.

#8584 - 12/06/19 06:55 AM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Kneel4Her]
MsRoseWoods Online   content

Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Kneel4Her
I love saving money and I'm all about words like discount, sale, coupon, clearance...but there are some things you are not willing to skimp on so to speak. For instance I would not try to get discount Lasik eye surgery. When you're talking about paying a professional to possibly completely immobilize you, intentionally inflict pain on you but not send you to the hospital, humiliate you but not in such a way you snap or need to see a therapist, or do whatever other kinky stuff you like, I personally want to find the best and pay whatever the price is. He needs to quit whining, pay up or shut up.

Great reasoning! You must be a Woman. laugh

#8618 - 12/07/19 07:00 PM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: MsRoseWoods]
Kneel4Her Offline
Regular

Loc: GA
How did you know? wink

#8634 - 12/09/19 06:06 AM Do you want one who isn't? [Re: Soapy]
future pet Offline
Artisan

Do you want one who isn't?
Her commitment to craft, training, quality of attire, products, spaces isn't there. But you'll be fine, I'm sure...

Do you want one with sloppy security procedures?
Such a nuisance, trying to find out if you're who you say you are, if you'll really show up and so on. You've found one with no such requirements. Sure, just about anyone could come strolling through the door while you're kneeling in stockings, panties and bra. But you'll be fine, I'm sure...

Do you want one who fucks client's who think they're cute enough to "deserve" it?
Hey, you're a good-looking guy. You take care of yourself (at least in your unvalidated mental image you do...) Why shouldn't she toss a fuck in with everything else? And you finally found one who does! Sure, she's a totally unsafe player across the board. But hot, right? Hottish? You'll be fine, I'm sure. You and the 57 other guys whose microbes you now share.

Do you want one who is available the moment you get hard thinking about her?
That's how it should be right? Your dick, your money, your rules. And any dominant who doesn't submit to the big 3 just doesn't understand her place in this world. You want 'em desperate. Like you. What could go wrong? I'm sure you'll be fine.

You can really have everything you say you want. But I don't think you'll want it when you get it.

#8743 - 12/14/19 07:38 PM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Soapy]
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

Maya had a great point, Matisse, of course, had great points.

Personally, I get mad if someone tries to negotiate the price down when I have never met them before. It is insulting, considering the costs on my end. However, my best clients have often been men who save up for a session. I am much more willing to make sacrifices when I know the other person is really committed, is fun to play with, and very much appreciates whatever deal I can offer.

xoxo

V

#8958 - 12/30/19 12:14 AM Re: Dan Savage: Why Are Dominatrixes So Expensive? ProDomme Twitter Weighs In [Re: Soapy]
sigma369 Offline

Loc: Oakland
Nothing for me, I'm broke. I get paid way too little to do any kind of BDSM activity; maybe like once every 2-3 months.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
291 registered (jadreg13, international, nysubjack, ztrade, palmer, CelesteTaylor, DominaAdmin, Soapy, broom, cbot, furfan, langerr, marstoy, Cheyenne, EvedLeNashim, WestAugust, Protons1, Chi61, Lady Velvet Steel, ChicagoSlicker, buffalo, Mistress Ayn, Domina M, mass, Kallcarrty, tosser, Dominions, Chuck123, TheDriver, cbtlover, denali, midlet, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, Lady Bellatrix, Jeffmill999, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, porkster, Bruce88, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, sheba322000, artiemus1, MsRoseWoods, The Thomas, llf, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, Slv4u, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 31168 Guests and 99 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Madam Mysteria