Mistress Isadora
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
03/27/24 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#8688 - 12/12/19 07:11 AM That is us [Re: Soapy]
future pet Offline
Artisan

Years ago I visited a country school museum in SC. It had been in operation into the early 20th century. I remember one of the things one could be "disciplined" for was being left-handed. The fact that we so recently considered a common genetic trait to be a flaw to be corrected sets sobering expectations for the acceptance of non-binary sexuality.

The history of wishing people weren't what they are and punishing them for it is long and dark and shows no signs of relenting. As a corollary, abortion is closer to illegal now than it has been for decades; not to mention nearly unavailable in vast areas. There are, for example, 2 Planned Parenthood clinics in the entire state of Louisiana; 1 in Mississippi.

We are not at the Handmaid's Tale tipping point. But we aren't headed in the other direction either.

#8689 - 12/12/19 07:12 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Langger posted a link to the article that I was able to open. My heart goes out to this lady. It was not up for her mentor to judge her personal life. This was someone she admired and, thought of as her friend. Very sad for her. I hope her future works out well even without the recommendations of this mentor.

#8690 - 12/12/19 08:42 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: Soapy]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Soapy
Originally Posted By Poester
Have to remember that some people don't distinguish between dominatrix and prostitute, and then have Victorian attitudes towards the latter.

"Some people" include prodommes, who make it a point to call both themselves and prostitutes "sex workers", as to promote the idea that there isn't anything wrong with either.

Which is ideal, in a perfect world. However with the threat of haphazardly interpreted public morality laws in our current legal sexual dystopia, there is an element of self preservation involved.

Many people who know little to nothing about the issue, and even some who should know better are viscerally opposed to sex work, and sex workers, and that's why the laws are still there.

po

Edited by Poester (12/12/19 08:43 AM)

#8691 - 12/12/19 09:00 AM Re: That is us [Re: future pet]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By future pet
Years ago I visited a country school museum in SC. It had been in operation into the early 20th century. I remember one of the things one could be "disciplined" for was being left-handed. The fact that we so recently considered a common genetic trait to be a flaw to be corrected sets sobering expectations for the acceptance of non-binary sexuality.

The history of wishing people weren't what they are and punishing them for it is long and dark and shows no signs of relenting. As a corollary, abortion is closer to illegal now than it has been for decades; not to mention nearly unavailable in vast areas. There are, for example, 2 Planned Parenthood clinics in the entire state of Louisiana; 1 in Mississippi.

We are not at the Handmaid's Tale tipping point. But we aren't headed in the other direction either.

Sorry I digress a bit
It's good that you're contemplating how things used to be.
Time wise, in the current defacto "Pax Americana" we are in a small island of Utopia. Certainly, it is not perfect, but it is closer to what most people consider perfect than any other time in history, which was an unrelenting horror show. People need to study history and pay attention to details. Eugenics, slavery, race riots, lynchings, normalized torture, arbitrary arrests and no presumption of innocence, genocides, mass murders, brutal punishments for non-conformity and differing inherent sexuality the list goes on forever.

po

#8697 - 12/12/19 01:47 PM Re: That is us [Re: future pet]

Pooh-Bah

You bring up two different topics. I'm not quite sure how you tie abortion and, Planned Parenthood into your post. But, that issue should be discussed in the political section.

#8698 - 12/12/19 01:48 PM Re: That is us [Re: Poester]

Pooh-Bah

+1

#8708 - 12/13/19 02:48 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
A pro dom's work commonly includes naked men, bondage, strap on, gs, inflicting pain, cross dressing, ect.

Ooh... This thread just went from a very serious discussion of morality and sexual morays to just f'n hot...

Thanks Cheyenne... Please continue... laugh

#8710 - 12/13/19 03:46 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

LOL. ;-)

#8735 - 12/14/19 09:25 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: Soapy]
MsRoseWoods Online   content

Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Soapy
Originally Posted By Poester
Have to remember that some people don't distinguish between dominatrix and prostitute, and then have Victorian attitudes towards the latter.

"Some people" include prodommes, who make it a point to call both themselves and prostitutes "sex workers", as to promote the idea that there isn't anything wrong with either.

This is a subject that really rows my boat! mad

My mentor always said " Before you call me a sex worker, watch me change a 67 year old babies filthy nappies!" sick

#8736 - 12/14/19 09:36 AM Re: Article: "I Told My Mentor I Was a Dominatrix: She rescinded her letters of recommendation [Re: MsRoseWoods]

Pooh-Bah

My mentor always said " Before you call me a sex worker, watch me change a 67 year old babies filthy nappies!"

LOL. I can identify. But, most mainstream folks see prodoms as sex workers.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (langerr, Soapy, denali, international, TheDriver, Slv4u, The Thomas, DominaAdmin, nysubjack, Moth to a Flame, Mistress Tissa, Lady Velvet Steel, Awillingstudent, WestAugust, porkster, Chi61, Mistress UV, marstoy, cbtlover, Cheyenne, ChicagoSlicker, Ms_Gia_Peccato, furfan, buffalo, Chuck123, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ztrade, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27378 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Goddess Gia Peccato