Mistress Lynn
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
03/27/24 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Topic Options
#8248 - 11/18/19 01:01 AM Defining Fetish v Kinks
Miss Adah Vonn Offline

Artisan

Loc: Poughkeepsie, NY
I sessioned earlier with a submissive who has a true fetish. I could do just about anything with the item, and he would love the experience. All kinks are fabulous, of course, and also give room for creativity, but something about controlling a fetishist using their not-so-secret weakness feels divine.

This got me thinking once again about the relative definitions of "fetish" and "kink." I tend to think of a fetish as sexual attraction to an item or body part, while a kink is more of an activity. Though fetishes are "kinky," so I suppose the latter is more of an umbrella term.

The level of intensity was a big part of what made it a great scene, and some of that came from using the deep fetish he had cultivated. In my brief research, I did see some reference to fetish being essential to getting off while kinks are fun but not necessary.

Not sure I agree with this one. What do we think?

Website »» AdahVonn.com
Twitter »» @TopDomme
OnlyFans »» @TopDomme

#8255 - 11/18/19 04:44 AM Re: Defining Fetish v Kinks [Re: Miss Adah Vonn]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I've seen both. For the most part, I avoided true fetishists, when I was an active Dom. Most of the fetishists that I met had an itch that could never be scratched. They were also the biggest wankers. There were a a few that were a lot of fun but, most, not so much. Some of my friends/clients thought they had a fetish. No...it wasn't a fetish...it was a kink that could evolve, change, grow and, be more about the lady they were playing with at the time.

#8259 - 11/18/19 07:42 AM Re: Defining Fetish v Kinks [Re: Miss Adah Vonn]
Kneel4Her Offline
Regular

Loc: GA
Originally Posted By Miss Adah Vonn

This got me thinking once again about the relative definitions of "fetish" and "kink." I tend to think of a fetish as sexual attraction to an item or body part, while a kink is more of an activity.

I like how you described that. As I mentioned in my fetish post, I have come to realize I have a "fetish" for tall boots. They catch my attention immediately and i find my mind wandering. However, it's not something I must have in a session. Different definitions or perceptions of the word make it a little ambiguous. Perhaps it would make more sense to describe it in terms of intensity. I have a mild fetish for boots. Or he/she has a staunch fetish for stockings to describe a fetish that must be present to achieve pleasure.

Either way, I agree with you. I think of kinky as pertaining to an activity and fetish to an object.

#8277 - 11/18/19 06:15 PM Re: Defining Fetish v Kinks [Re: Cheyenne]
Miss Adah Vonn Offline

Artisan

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
Some of my friends/clients thought they had a fetish. No...it wasn't a fetish...it was a kink that could evolve, change, grow and, be more about the lady they were playing with at the time.

Absolutely, I see this a lot. xx

Website »» AdahVonn.com
Twitter »» @TopDomme
OnlyFans »» @TopDomme

#8278 - 11/18/19 06:19 PM Re: Defining Fetish v Kinks [Re: Kneel4Her]
Miss Adah Vonn Offline

Artisan

It is certainly a variable term. The intensity qualifier does make sense, and gives a better picture of what someone actually means. Good one!

Website »» AdahVonn.com
Twitter »» @TopDomme
OnlyFans »» @TopDomme

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (The Thomas, DominaAdmin, nysubjack, Moth to a Flame, Mistress Tissa, Soapy, langerr, Lady Velvet Steel, Awillingstudent, WestAugust, porkster, Chi61, TheDriver, Mistress UV, marstoy, cbtlover, Cheyenne, ChicagoSlicker, denali, Ms_Gia_Peccato, furfan, buffalo, international, Chuck123, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ztrade, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27313 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Mistress  Lexine