by Domina M
04/24/24 07:13 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#7083 - 09/29/19 10:31 AM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: subjohn]
Smiley Online   content
Occasional

Originally Posted By subjohn
Hello all. I am traveling to the west coast next month and was trying to set up a session while i am there. A mistress I contacted asked me for a photo ID as part of her screening. Is that normal out there?

I have references and am willing to put up a deposit but she said that wasn't enough. I am not sending a photo of my ID so I guess we are done but I was curious if any of you have had this happen, what did you do and is this where we are headed as a new normal?

subjohn

pro-domme face a inherent danger when new people reach out to them for sessions. I don't see an issue but I feel honestly would omit certain details like the address or drivers license number. I've honestly never encountered it myself but I feel that references should play a more vital part of the screening process. I had recently seen Ms Lydia Supremacy for the first time. Luckily one of the pro-dommes I had seen previously knew her very well and they were able to communicate prior.

Edited by Smiley (09/29/19 10:56 AM)

#7151 - 10/01/19 02:52 PM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: Mistress Tissa]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa
The sad truth is that some of the people who come to us may in fact be criminals. Look at this serial rapist making the rounds.

Some are also blacklisted clients who are trying to pretend to be someone else.

Yes, the vast majority of our clients are wonderful people. But this is not about them; it's about the one who aren't.

That's what it is about, no question. But I just remembered today that I had a rather unique screening request three or four years ago with an out-of-town Mistress with plenty of ads: FaceTime or Skype of "a couple of minutes" with me showing my photo ID, my face and "physique." I politely declined. LOL!

#7155 - 10/01/19 03:23 PM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: junglebeast]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I can't be recall how long ago this happened, but I once attempted to book with a Domme who was very lifestyle oriented and just did sessions on the side. Her rules were that I had to provide a photo of myself as part of her screening process (which for a lifestyle or FetLife Meetup, is pretty standard... But, is specifically the reason I pay for it rather than do lifestyle stuff). I thanked her and wished her luck but declined as that was definitely part a hard limit of mine.

#7167 - 10/01/19 06:36 PM I get suspicious when facing suspicion [Re: subjohn]
international Online   content
Artisan

As a pro-domme I would rather be concerned with a client who easily hands out his Id. If the customer doesn't care for his identity, what else is he not caring for.

And vise-versa: I am not a suspicious person and it makes me uncomfortable if a person who I am dealing with is suspicious. This applies to private life as well as to business. If people don't trust me, why should I trust them?
That doesn't mean not to apply some common-sense precaution.

But I just don't deal with people who are too suspicious.

#7196 - 10/03/19 06:36 AM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: subjohn]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I am a little unsure how an ID makes a domme safer. Sure there is some more accountability, but Joey the Player, the antagonist from another post here shows his ID. It is, in fact all over the internet. Hasn't really slowed him down, it would appear.

I am all for domme safety, of course, but rapists, liars, thieves have IDs too.

#7198 - 10/03/19 07:02 AM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: Domina M]
alex Offline
Artisan

Loc: NYC
Would it be reasonable to say that although it doesn't make the domme absolutely safe, in a bulletproof sort of way, it would still make her more safe?

Or do you think it's not worth anything?

#7220 - 10/03/19 04:04 PM Re: Asking for photo ID [Re: Domina M]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Domina M
I am a little unsure how an ID makes a domme safer. Sure there is some more accountability, but Joey the Player, the antagonist from another post here shows his ID. It is, in fact all over the internet. Hasn't really slowed him down, it would appear.

I am all for domme safety, of course, but rapists, liars, thieves have IDs too.

All security methods aren't about risk elimination, they're about risk reduction.

There is no way to completely eliminate any risk in life. Like is inherently risky. But we take measures to reduce our risks: go to the doctor, wear a seatbelt, ask potential clients for a deposit and references, etc.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Shout Box

Who's Online
303 registered (Soapy, Cheyenne, painslut, artiemus1, sheba322000, international, Bruce88, Domina M, Swinburne, midlet, Lady Velvet Steel, TheDriver, Chi61, ztrade, LAN, HenryB, Boucheron, palmer, Awillingstudent, nysubjack, marstoy, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, The Thomas, Old_Timer_FL, cbtlover, HellionCobRoller, tosser, WestAugust, langerr, CelesteTaylor, Jeffmill999, broom, Protons1, SlaveGunner, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, Felix, denali, furfan, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, domtsub, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32080 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Natasha Müller