by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5999 - 08/29/19 02:30 PM How much research?
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

Recently I have received some nice feedback on my blog. I don't post very often, but it's always flattering when people do their research. This leads me to wonder... How much research do subs generally do when looking for a Mistress? Do you skim the About page, go to the Gallery and then email? Or do you seek out reviews, read blogs, ask other subs, etc? How does this correlate with the session experience, if at all?

I find that the more research someone has done the more fun I have- generally. It's not always the case, but mostly true.

Thoughts?

xoxo.

#6001 - 08/29/19 02:53 PM Re: How much research? [Re: Mme Veronica]
Jiminhales Offline
Regular

Loc: Maryland
I think most subs research pretty hard. I want to make sure our interests match or are close. So, yes I look at interests, gallery and pricing before contacting. Many websites just have almost no information. That will usually make me continue to another sight.
To me a website doesn’t have to over the top fancy.
What are interests and limits.
Gallery and it doesn’t have to be lengthy.
Tribute.
Equipment. Sounds, strapons, tens etc.

#6004 - 08/29/19 04:06 PM Re: How much research? [Re: Mme Veronica]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
If it’s a Domme that I’m interested in seeing then I will try to read up on them. If they aren’t a big name Domme it’s kind of hard to find out much about them other than their own website.

#6007 - 08/29/19 04:26 PM Re: How much research? [Re: Jiminhales]
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

Good to know!

#6008 - 08/29/19 04:29 PM Re: How much research? [Re: gimp]
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

Do you find an email exchange usually helps? I think that if someone can write in an articulate way, it is usually a good sign.

#6012 - 08/29/19 06:13 PM Re: How much research? [Re: Mme Veronica]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
Sure it can be of course if it is themselves answering. For the most part all Dommes responded professionally. Although usually they seem more stern in an email than in person.

#6027 - 08/29/19 10:06 PM Re: How much research? [Re: Mme Veronica]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I usually am attracted to Dommes who I have interacted with in some way so I actually do know something about them before really looking into booking for a session. Once I see an opportunity to book with someone I want to see, I do try to get as much info as possible from all sources I can find but I specifically am looking for info about their protocols for contact and deposit as well as their rates.

Booking first sessions are always a giant pain in the butt for me because I have my own rules that I don't bend on and I hate to waste a Dommes' time with that inquiry if we aren't a good match from a business perspective. Also, how much they communicate or trade emails has nothing to do with my decision, since I never reach out unless I am ready to book (as long as we can come to terms from a business perspective).

#6033 - 08/30/19 12:33 AM Re: How much research? [Re: AspX]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

The one complaint I have about certain domme's websites is that they do not list their interests, or else the description of their interests is so vague that it is next to useless. So, if I follow up on such an ad, I may find out that she doesn't do X or Y, but loves Z, and I happen to have no interest in Z activities. It would save a waste of energy if interests were clearly specified on their websites.

#6041 - 08/30/19 06:54 AM Re: How much research? [Re: Zingish]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Zingish
The one complaint I have about certain domme's websites is that they do not list their interests, or else the description of their interests is so vague that it is next to useless.

I find so many who list practically everything as their interest or "specialties." That's no more useful than not listing their interests at all.

I suspect that some of those who don't list interests lack experience and don't really know what people might want - or what they might or might not want. And then there are some who hope they've presented themselves in a way that a potential client will contact them and ask about their interest or experience in what he's looking for.

#6042 - 08/30/19 07:06 AM Re: How much research? [Re: Zingish]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I absolutely agree with you that understanding compatibility in interests before reaching out to contact is really important for the majority of clients.

I was answering for myself and my approach is such that my only interest is in pleasing and experiencing her as a Domme. That means even if our interests don't match up but she is skilled with what she loves (which tends to be there case), I still get a lot out of our time. So, an interest list is much less critical to my decision.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
312 registered (HenryB, Soapy, gfred1, palmer, marstoy, broom, international, Chi61, mbilbo, HellionCobRoller, Curiouser, buffalo, Stern Miss Lea, Old_Timer_FL, shlem, Cheyenne, langerr, nysubjack, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, artiemus1, 2Balls1Cock, T-bone, CelesteTaylor, zeta, Domina M, tosser, cbtlover, Mistress Tissa, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Gil, The Thomas, EvedLeNashim, TheDriver, Violetwand, WestAugust, painslut, denali, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, furfan, Poester, Mistress UV, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, midlet, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32881 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Natasha Müller