by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Where the hell am I?
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 07:56 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
Yesterday at 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
Strip Club Sessions
by llf
04/20/24 04:13 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5578 - 08/21/19 05:39 AM Choosing A Mistress
MsRoseWoods Online   content

Enthusiast

I have always been interested in why a sub chooses to serve a certain Mistress.

Is body type a major factor?

Does age and experience play a role.

Does social media (posts, photos, clips) influence your choice?

How important is a Domme's website?

Do interviews and blogs help you to make a decision?

Do you research a Mistress before scheduling, or is physical attraction enough?

Do positive or negative reviews effect your decision?

Do you normally choose the same type of Mistress repeatedly, or do you see every new-traveling Domme who comes your way?

Are you loyal to one Mistress, or see several?

Is a Mistress's session rate a deal breaker, if it's above a certain amount?

#5579 - 08/21/19 06:42 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
Jiminhales Offline
Regular

Loc: Maryland
Pretty simple for me. Session interests and price. I have seen probably 50 different Dommes over about 20+ years. Stay loyal to some but I travel a lot so I would session in different states.

#5580 - 08/21/19 07:23 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
To me it’s mostly their interests and location (distance). Price I can over look if the first too factors are ok. I prefer older Dommes, but can still session with a young one. As for size or race doesn’t matter to me. Obviously the better the website better chance I’ll read it all. Reading their thoughts or Q&A is important. One time I was reading up on a Domme and thought we were a good match and then I read her QA thing and realize we wouldn’t be so better than wasting each other’s time. Hope this helps.

#5588 - 08/21/19 10:32 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
BDSAIME Offline
Artisan

Loc: Paris, France
• I look for something that stands out, whatever it is, as long as it seems above average to me, whether it is experience, passion, intelligence... It can also be because of the dungeon, a rare or atypical mastered speciality, a particular style of play...

• I also like when some activities have a dedicated page. For example, Iʼm much more encline to ask for a kidnapping session or extended bondage session to a domme who has gone into details with this on her website, than a domme who just lists it among other regular activities. I can spend a lot of time with multiple keywords combination on Google just to find the approach I like the most to an activity! This is what led me to Poland last year.

It also is because I have a somewhat rigid mind. I love to see on a website something like "an extended bondage session lasts x hours and costs xxx$, it can be done with X, Y or Z type of restraint" ; rather than just see it listed as a practice. I hate mailing pro-dommes without being sure about whether I will book a session or not. So I always like when everything is clear even before the booking. Of course it is a not a main point here, but sometimes it helps to break a tie.

• Positive reviews can help, but I only briefly read the reviews that are on her website.

• I recently added few pro dommes to my "to see" list just because I was impressed by what she wrote on twitter or even here. A person's intelligence is what arouse me the most.

• Regarding photos, professional photoshoots are always cool to make you drool! I do care about sessions photo depending on what I'm looking for. For example, when looking for a strict bondage session, I love to see what the pro-domme is capable of doing (Mistress Jill, Belgium, is now a must-meet to me). But most of the time, I don't even look at sessions photos.

• I don't care about age or body type, even though I'd like to discover everything, from 22 to 70 years old. Every single profile type has something different to give!

• I'm a very "visual guy", so how the website looks always is more or less important. But if a website is really bad, I'll focus even more on the content at first. Who knows, it could be a brilliant pro-domme who just wanted to do it herself but don't know nothing about how do to it properly. But most of the time, an ambitous domme (which type I love to meet) makes a point to have a cool website.

In all cases, what never catches my attention is to find a very generic, unpersonal website, with very few details (if any!) about the domme and her approach.

• I'm passionate about pro dommes and the little world they build around them, so I like to discover new pro mistresses, I'm not the loyal type.

Until today, my regular D/s relationship have always been without money involved and I'm going to keep it this way. In this case, I'm loyal, of course.

Edited by BDSAIME (08/21/19 11:12 AM)

#5592 - 08/21/19 12:14 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
wolf Offline
Artisan

I have a strong LEATHER fetish so her choice of wardrobe really matters.
I prefer a excellent figure
Age is important as it is hard to relate to the young newbies
I have no interest in social media but a website and reviews are important
My price limit is 250 and I rarely go above that
As far as race my first preference is black woman

I hope my reply is helpful
All the best,
wolf

#5610 - 08/21/19 04:09 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
maxweber Offline
Addict

Body type not a factor.
Age is not much a factor, but experience is--much prefer very experienced and do tend to like older.
Media posts and the like can pique interest, not a determinant.
A professionally done website is a plus.
Not interviews, but tryouts.
I do some research and ask people I have seen for their suggestions.
I have tended to prefer longer term relationships, but have seen different people when I have travelled.
I am loyal and usually ask permission to expand my horizons.
Higher rates can be an issue.

What is the key factor in whether I choose to try to see someone is information on what sessions could include.

#5618 - 08/21/19 05:56 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods

Yes. I like several types, but I have to find the prodomme physically compelling.

Quote:

Yes on both.

Some of the younger prodommes look like high school girls to me who broke into their mother's lingerie drawers. Kills the attraction.

Experience is pure magic. Combined with personality and rapport can override a lot of other things and make for sessions that are remembered for years.

Quote:

Yes. It helps me know the professional a little better and it is the start of making a rapport.

Quote:

Important. No web site or a poor web site ( right or wrong ) makes me thing the person is a low effort professional

Quote:

Yes, and for the same reasons I described for social media participation.

Quote:

Research.

I had that session with the awesome looking woman in kinky clothes who didn't know what she was doing. It was a very luke warm experience.

Quote:

Positive reviews, no. You can always find someone to post a platitudinous review and many professionals do.

Negative reviews,yes. At least on The Hang negative reviews bring a lot of negative attention to the author of the review. If someone posts a negative review, publicly ( not in a PM ), my thinking is either the session was bad enough that they are will take the risk of censure to tell other people OR the person is a crank who really wants to stick it to the professional.

Quote:

Do you normally choose the same type of Mistress repeatedly, or do you see every new-traveling Domme who comes your way?

Neither. I would rather stick with the same professional, but the ones I really like are all a significant trip away from me.

I find hotel sessions to be kind of lack luster as a rule. I have had some sessions where the professional was a wizard and it didn't matter.

Quote:

Yes.

I don't mind some variation, but there were some professionals I contacted whose rates were significantly higher than the going rate of the time. Some I could see why they thought they could charge more, some I could not. Regardless it was more than I wanted to pay so I diplomatically backed out of arranging the session.

#5621 - 08/21/19 08:46 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Thought provoking questions, thanks for the post. Here is my 2 cents.

To some extent yes. I prefer a taller Domme, more athletic build but that's not a deal breaker depending on other attirbutes the Domme has such as sharing my interests and her experience level.

Yes it does. I have been involved in BDSM with ProDommes for over 25 years, so I am not at all comfortable playing with young dommes.
Experience is huge for me. I won't session with anyone who hasn't been a practicing Domme for at least 3 years. preferably 5.

Yes, to a minor extent. If am interested in a Domme I will check out her social media to try and get a feel for her overall communication style. I have seen some Dommes speak about their clients (not by name) in very derogatory ways and that is a deal breaker for me. Just seems very unprofessional and not a particularly good business practice.

Very important. It is the first impression that a Domme makes on me. The more information on the website the better. The website gives me some idea of her appearance, her interests, her own hard limits, what kind of equipement she has, what her playspace looks like.

I will look at blogs to get a sense of the Domme.

I always research the Mistress.

Only if I know the reviewer and have confidence in his opinion. Fake reviews are everywhere, so I don't pay a lot of attention unless they are from someone I know to be real, such as some of the other subs on this site.

I am all about chemistry in the session. When there is great chemistry with a Domme I tend to be loyal to her. I will however see new Dommes while traveling or schedule a session with a new Domme locally if there is something that I find especially interesting or appealing about her.

I am mostly loyal, but will occasionally experiment with new Mistresses. I also will repeatedly see one or two Mistresses who travel to my location. That's always fun, like seeing an old friend.
However, the Mistress I primarily see has no problem with me seeing others and has even recommended Dommes to me depending on to where I was traveling.

The rate to me is, within reason, not a deal breaker. I am a slut for very heavy leather bondage sessions which require lots of highend and expensive equipment. The typical Domme I see has invested heavily in her craft and is very experienced. I am ok with an hourly fee at the higher end of the spectrum so long as I get the kind of experience that is important to me.

One thing that you didn't ask about is the communication style and intelligence of the Domme. I am always impressed by a Domme who has strong communication skills, writes well and comes across as intelligent and well spoken.

#5626 - 08/21/19 09:53 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Is body type a major factor? Not specifically, but I do have to have a physical attraction to someone before I will book.

Does age and experience play a role? Not specifically, but someone who I believe give me something unique based on their expertise with something (which usually translates to experience) is someone who I am more likely to be attracted to and therefore will book a session.

Does social media (posts, photos, clips) influence your choice? Yes, although it is more about their interactions with people in social media... I have become obsessed with seeing someone based on our interactions and completely turned off by Dommes I was interested in based on what they post.

How important is a Domme's website? Not very important to get me interested, but very important for giving me the information I need before contacting Her and possibly wasting both our time.

Do interviews and blogs help you to make a decision? Not a major factor, but it can effect a final decision to contact someone

Do you research a Mistress before scheduling, or is physical attraction enough? Physical attraction is never enough, but how much research is based on how much stuff I pick up in the ether before diving in

Do positive or negative reviews effect your decision? They effect my decisions a lot... multiple positive and descriptive reviews that show me we would be a good match in session is HUGE for me. Negatives, not so much... unless it is from a sub who has posted a lot and that I respect or multiple different non-newby accounts saying the same thing, I basically ignore them. Good examples are a particular house-style dungeon in Chicago that had some very interesting Dommes was absolutely crossed off my list based on review after review about their questionable practices and the same goes for another in New York that is well known for recording visitors.

Do you normally choose the same type of Mistress repeatedly, or do you see every new-traveling Domme who comes your way? I used to see every new traveling Domme that would come to Detroit, partially based on wanting to support that choice and I got a lot of variety because of that. At this moment I am more settled and happy Dommes I have seen multiple times before, but I certainly wouldn't say they are the same "type" by any stretch of the imagination.

Are you loyal to one Mistress, or see several? I am poly, so I see multiple Dommes but I am completely loyal to each one when I am within their control (which in many cases extends beyond the session itself). For example, I was basically living as a personal slave for 12 days straight at the end of July and one night my Domme was on the fence about attending a foot party. The main reason for Her was actually to "reward" me by taking me, but that all went away when I told Her that there was no way I would go and worship some other Domme (even if I knew them) while under Her control unless She was ordering me to do so... so we didn't actually go.

Is a Mistress's session rate a deal breaker, if it's above a certain amount? Yes... but not just because I am a cheap bastard. Even though Dommes say they do not compete in that way, I feel it is a completely different level of cheating/disrespect to pay a much higher rate for someone I have never met than I pay for someone I have an established relationship with and that I would choose if the two of them were lined up in the same room. Because of that, the top rate I will pay has been $300 per hour and I have even done two hour sessions for $600 rather than a one hour session for $350 just to maintain that line. There have been many Dommes that I have always wanted to see that I ended up rejecting because their rates crossed that line (and I don't negotiate to try to get Dommes to meet my number). This number may move upwards as Dommes I currently see up their rates, but it will still really be about staying in line with my group of Dommes.

#5658 - 08/22/19 08:45 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
AssSniffer1999 Offline
Artisan

Loc: Connecticut
I have a preference for tall and slim but it's certainly not a major factor as most I have served definitely haven't fit that preference.

A bit I suppose. Experience doesn't really matter for me much at all, while I have a preference for dommes that are a bit younger, I imagine partly due to my age.

Most definitely. For me a domme doesn't need hundreds of photos, but having like a handful of recent pics helps a lot, while having next to no photos makes me unlikely to session with a domme.
A domme having clips or any kind of video like an interview or something is definitely a bonus, it makes me feel way more comfortable knowing what she looks and sounds like.

Somewhat important. A very old and outdated website can kind of turn me away.

Absolutely! Anything that helps me learn more about what they're like before hand definitely helps me decide.

Yes. Looks matter to some extent, but most important to me is what a domme offers and what she is like.
I have a very wide range of interests so the most important factor above all others asked is what a domme's interests are and if their BDSM personality is compatible with mine.

For example I personally almost always serve dommes who advertise as very sadistic rather than those who advertise nurturing or gentle since i'm not often very compatible with that BDSM personality.

Several. I can't see myself ever sticking to one domme, I have too many fetishes and kinks for one domme to ever fit me, there's no way there's a domme that shares all the interests I have completely.
For an FLR partner I could vow to remain loyal even if it means compromising on kinks, but never for a professional domme.

Yeah. If it's above $400 an hour it's an absolute no-go for me, and above like $300 I probably won't be seeing the domme too much (nor for longer sessions). That might change years down the line for me though when I have more disposable income.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
302 registered (bane, HenryB, The Thomas, ChicagoSlicker, Cheyenne, Soapy, DommeLynx, Swinburne, nysubjack, Domina M, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, CelesteTaylor, cbot, WestAugust, Chi61, cbtlover, palmer, langerr, HellionCobRoller, TheDriver, painslut, marstoy, international, buffalo, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, midlet, furfan, Bruce88, ztrade, Jogo, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, Lady Velvet Steel, Domina_Felicity_Hart, LAN, Mistress Aurianna, Protons1, domtsub, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, broom, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, Boucheron, tosser, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, denali, artiemus1, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, Jeffmill999, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, sheba322000, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 31810 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina