by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#5660 - 08/22/19 09:27 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods
I have always been interested in why a sub chooses to serve a certain Mistress.

Me, too, particularly why I choose a certain mistress.

Quote:
Is body type a major factor?

Yes, but more about rejection than acceptance. I'm fairly short, so mistresses who emphasize their height (6'-11" in heels) gotta have something more attractive to me. I don't like them too skinny, and the ones who are built like a fullback go quickly into the reject pile.

Quote:
Does age and experience play a role.

Experience, definitely, particularly experience in my particular kink of spanking. I've seen some youngsters who have experience in what I like that seems far beyond their age, though all other things being equal, I prefer them older, say 45+. That's the age of someone who might have actually spanked me (mother, aunt, teacher, for example) during my kink-formative years. And also, because they just seem to speak better in session - more creative than threatening.

Quote:
Does social media (posts, photos, clips) influence your choice?

I don't do Twitter, but I do look for posts in forums such as this, and photos and video clips to get an idea of what they look like in action, though I understand that these are often as not not representative - but it's another data point.

Quote:
How important is a Domme's website?

To me, very important. It's her public face. If a web site hasn't changed in 10 years, or text is poorly written, or it just doesn't give me enough useful basic information, then I write off both the web site and the mistress.

Quote:
Do interviews and blogs help you to make a decision?

The can be good guidance as a starting point when researching a mistress. I appreciate them because sometimes it's my first look as someone who might be right for me - then I look further.
Quote:

Do you research a Mistress before scheduling, or is physical attraction enough?

That should be obvious from what I've written so far.

Quote:
Do positive or negative reviews effect your decision?

Only if I know the reviewer, and know that he or she looks for the same sort of things in a session as I do. So many reviews have so little relevant content that it's often hard to tell, other than in extreme cases, whether I see it as positive or negative.

Quote:
Do you normally choose the same type of Mistress repeatedly, or do you see every new-traveling Domme who comes your way?

That's two questions! I have a few favorites and while I don't "serve" anybody, I tend to go back to them for the reliability. They don't get boring. Occasionally someone who I have some interest in seeing comes to town, and sometimes we get together, but much of the time I find schedule, location, or cost to stand in the way.

Quote:
Are you loyal to one Mistress, or see several?

I don't have a local favorite so nearly all of my sessions are when I'm traveling. If I have two or three favorites in a city (this is the case in NY and LA, for instance), I'm likely to see someone this trip that I didn't see last trip. And I'm not such a pain slut that I have to see all three on one trip.

Quote:
Is a Mistress's session rate a deal breaker, if it's above a certain amount?

Yes, definitely. I have a few on my bucket list that I doubt that I'll ever see due to the cost or minimum session length. I'm the $150 half-hour spanking guy.

#5696 - 08/22/19 03:06 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: OwwItHz]
Jiminhales Offline
Regular

Loc: Maryland
You bring up a good point when it comes to rate. You are a 30 minute spanking guy. I have been involved in some scenes that need to last at least an hour. I will not be referring to those.
But you just want someone to spank you. Me, I want SO play. For the sub that is looking for a 1or 2 item menu do a shorter session for lesser money but still at a higher % than the full hour.
I know getting set up, for these Dommes, can be time consuming but I am not talking about that kind of session either.
Would a Domme make a killing doing a 45 minute one or two kink session for $150? Nothing elaborate.

#5705 - 08/22/19 03:59 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: Soapy]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Soapy
[quote=MsRoseWoods]

I find hotel sessions to be kind of lack luster as a rule. I have had some sessions where the professional was a wizard and it didn't matter.

Gandalf? Is that you?

#5707 - 08/22/19 04:07 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: MsRoseWoods]
subjohn Offline
Occasional

Hi Ms. Woods.

For me looks are important but not as important as other things. I have a certain body type that I look for and I don't like a lot of tattoos. More important is experience. I look for someone that has been around for a while. I do look at reviews but mainly to establish how long the mistress has been doing this.

Cost is becoming an issue as I posted here before but its not a deal breaker unless it's ridiculous. A mistress wanting 500 an hour with a 2 hour minimum would be out of my league but i find that is mostly new mistresses that I don't really have any interest in anyway.

I usually see the same mistresses when I travel but every now and then I like to mix it up.

#5729 - 08/22/19 07:32 PM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: Poester]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Yes, you are making a silly joke, but there are some prodommes out there who have a combination of experience, imagination, intelligence, and passion for what they do to such an extent they are artists/magicians.

I remember once sesssion where the prodomme rented out a very large motel room and brought equipment with her that made a nicer set up than some dungeons.

That was one of the exceptions to the hotel session rule I was thinking of.

#5744 - 08/23/19 07:13 AM Re: Choosing A Mistress [Re: Jiminhales]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Jiminhales

Would a Domme make a killing doing a 45 minute one or two kink session for $150? Nothing elaborate.

I would think so, but it seems that there aren't very many like me, so anyone trying to make a living would have to take longer and higher priced sessions. And then there's the opportunity cost - If I book 30 minutes at, say 5 PM, having to turn down someone calling at 4 PM wanting a two hour session after work and before going home to dinner would be a significant loss to the mistress. How often does that happen? Who knows?

I've had plenty of half-hour sessions from those who classify themselves as "disciplinarian," but lately several have taken up "life coaching" where they can spend an hour or more with a client, dressed in normal clothes, doing a lot of talking (and I'm sure that takes some special skills and preparation) and not a lot of ass beating. It's hard work to spank for the better part of half an hour, and as long as life coaching is doing well enough, they've stopped taking half-hour sessions.

I've had some really excellent half-hour spanking on my budget over the years. Fortunately there are still a few who understand that a disciplinary spanking or even a just-for-fun spanking doesn't need to take an hour, and are willing to accommodate.

I've suggested to a few full-range dommes who truly love spanking that they try a regularly scheduled "just spanking" day, once a week, or once or twice a month. Nobody's bit on that yet, though I've noticed an occasional pop-up spanking special but it's usually someplace I'm not.

Fortunately, there are still house dommes who are good spankers, and although both of the places in the LA area where I go when I'm in the area have raised their half-hour rate from $125-130 to $150. Maybe by the next price increase, I'll really be too old for this. wink

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box

Who's Online
324 registered (Michelle Lacy, Soapy, nysubjack, TheDriver, kefxb24, middleboy992, furfan, Cheyenne, WestAugust, Mistress An Li, MayaMidnight, langerr, CelesteTaylor, Stern Miss Lea, Bruce88, Moth to a Flame, Curiouser, callybionic, EvedLeNashim, Domina M, buffalo, HellionCobRoller, porkster, Bruxelles, Chuck123, artiemus1, tosser, international, Chi61, Dominions, denali, MsRoseWoods, DominaAdmin, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, Poester, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, The Thomas, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, Boucheron, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, T-bone, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33801 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Madam Mysteria