Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5522 - 08/19/19 07:37 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: AssSniffer1999]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By AssSniffer1999
Woah, only $450 for an 8 hour session?

I'm strictly a half-hour nothing-but-spanking guy. I have no idea what to do in an 8-hour session. If I had 8 hours to spend with a pro domme, I'd probably take her to a museum, or the zoo, or a hike or a concert, or a movie, and dinner in a nice restaurant.

#5523 - 08/19/19 07:42 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: subjohn]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Other than for monetary limitations, I think that the length of the session is to some extent dependent on the activities planned for the session. Like most others here, I also started with 1 hour sessions that allowed me to explore and experience many different types of play.

I quickly learned that I had a very strong love of heavy leather bondage along with heavy NT, electrical, anal and CBT play. The rigging for these scenes is very complicated and time consuming. They often involve multiple changes of restraints and equipment that require more than 1 hour. I have been doing sessions of at least 2 and usually 3 or 4 hours for some time now and that seems to work out very well. I also do an occasional heavy bondage T&D session and those are great fun at 2 hours.

#5525 - 08/19/19 07:59 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: OwwItHz]
AssSniffer1999 Offline
Artisan

Loc: Connecticut
For me filling 8 hours with stuff I desire wouldn't be hard whatsoever.
I have soooo many kinks and fetishes that i'm very into that the only limit would really be how many different activities the domme would be willing to do in the allotted time!

Even if I was limited to just 4 basic fetishes I would easily think of ways to fill that time because of how much fervor I have for domination.
Like being used as a footstool for a domme while she watches an entire movie wouldn't bother me at all.

Pro domination in America doesn't really seem conducive to long sessions though, so you probably have the right idea with just half an hour session.

#5530 - 08/19/19 10:31 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: AssSniffer1999]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

I notice that certain dommes state on their websites that they require a two-hour minimum for new clients.

#5540 - 08/20/19 07:11 AM Re: Preferred session length [Re: Zingish]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Zingish
I notice that certain dommes state on their websites that they require a two-hour minimum for new clients.

Some may feel that they need that much time to get in tune with a new client. Others, I fear, particularly newcomers to the biz with less experience, would rather not bother getting dressed up for less than $500.

I wish I had a job like that. wink

#5541 - 08/20/19 07:23 AM Re: Preferred session length [Re: subjohn]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
To me 2 hrs is about just the amount of time. I can see a novice maybe doing an hour to see if they like the Domme vibe or not. I mean nobody wants to waste anyone’s time if it’s not working out. I’ve done a 6 hour session once more like a party though which was a few Dommes and subs most fun I’ve ever had.

#5545 - 08/20/19 10:06 AM Re: Preferred session length [Re: Zingish]
subjohn Offline
Occasional

I've noticed this too. I usually like to start with an hour for the first time. Two hours can seem like a long time and often a lot of money if you dont click. Been there. Done that. I've also wondered if they want a 2 hour minimum so they can spend time talking. I had that happen once. We spend the first 15 minutes at least going over my kinks and stuff. I don't like a lot of chit chat before a session so I'm leery of mandatory session lengths.

#5546 - 08/20/19 10:19 AM Re: Preferred session length [Re: subjohn]
subjohn Offline
Occasional

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts. I am glad to see that I am not alone in thinking that longer sessions is where its at and going beyond 2 hours is probably where I am headed. The multi day sessions are intriguing but I don't think that is for me. I have been toying with the idea of doing an overnight session but I am not sure what to expect or if I could hold up for all that. Have any of you done overnighters? If so, any recommendations? I travel a lot for work and schedule my sessions for when I am out of town. Mainly on the west coast but I also get to Chicago and the NY area too and occasionally farther south and even Florida but so far I have limited my sessions to LA and NYC.

#5550 - 08/20/19 12:06 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: subjohn]
Jiminhales Offline
Regular

Loc: Maryland
I lean towards an hour also. I have been pounded, sounded, spit etc well within 60 minutes.
One time visiting Louisville I found the perfect Domme. It was like I wrote her interests. $225 an hour. I am in. When I call I find out first time clients require two hours. $450 for Domme in Louisville? Not happening.

#5562 - 08/20/19 05:01 PM Re: Preferred session length [Re: subjohn]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Hello subjohn,

I thought this would be an easy question to answer. Usually when someone asks that, My response is an overnight. But reading through other people's responses I realize it's not a one size fits all answer.

The reason I initially think an overnight is My favorite is that it's more like lifestyle play. In a normal hour + session I have to watch the clock. I like for sessions to build to a crescendo and if we are working with a set period of time I have to stay cognizant of the time as we get deeper into the session to make that happen. With an overnight, we just play until we are exhausted - usually 6 + hours then we sleep for a bit and sometimes get up and play more. But that's not for everyone and if a sub doesn't share a well rounded set of interests with Me then it could get tedious. I also can't do them that often because they are physically and mentally draining and I need a day to recover.

So, practically speaking I would say that 2-3 hours is the sweet spot for Me. It allows enough time that I can fully develop the scene, immerse Myself and not have to worry about timing for a while.

One hour sessions would probably be My least favorite. Unless we are dealing with a simple foot fetish session or the like, it's just not enough time to connect and allow the flow to take Me. Because of this they can feel too mechanical. I'm not saying I haven't had some stellar one hour sessions but then they just usually leave Me wanting more.

Of course you subs don't have to deal with this but the most dreaded thing for Me is multiple one hour sessions in a day. But that's a whole other discussion. Thankfully that doesn't happen often.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Domina M, Queen Naomi, Soapy, denali, Cheyenne, langerr, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, international, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34498 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Madam Mysteria