Lady Bellatrix
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5194 - 08/14/19 02:16 AM Keto & Sessioning...
worm Online   content

In general, I think it's known that have at least a small meal or snack before a session is recommended to keep your blood sugar level in a good range. I'm curious if this still applies to when your body is in ketosis, where insulin levels tend are more stable and the body is able to run off of fat. Does anybody have an experience either playing in ketosis or playing someone who was in ketosis? Is eating before as critical? Does it impact ones ability to take pain or limit endurance?

#5196 - 08/14/19 03:28 AM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: worm]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I did keto for about 6 months last year. I didn't play during this time. But, I did notice that when it came to physical exercise, I had plenty of energy. One of my friends does a bullet proof coffee before his work outs and, is good to go for most of the day.

#5218 - 08/14/19 10:31 AM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: worm]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I have had a few subs recently tell me they were on the Keto diet but they probably followed my normal protocol of eating normally prior to session. Needless to say they did not present any problems. I hope someone with more experience with this will chime in because I would like to know too.

The Keto diet and any other high protein diet can make your breath smell awful so be considerate of your Mistress and eat a mint eek

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#5228 - 08/14/19 11:24 AM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Mistress Ayn]

Pooh-Bah

Interesting. I spend a lot of time with people on keto and, did it myself for the better part of a year. I've never noticed a bad breath issue. That could be a myth. It is difficult for me to do keto long term because I don't eat meat and, it gets difficult to push myself to eat fish. (Wimpy vegan, in my heart.) But, I've never noticed any ill side effects for myself or, anyone else, once they get through the first week of sugar detox. Hmmmm...interesting topic.

#5244 - 08/14/19 02:48 PM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Cheyenne]
Mistressnumber1 Offline

Occasional

The Bad breath comes from your body breaking down protein, it produces ammonia which causes terrible breath. These low carb diets can also cause ketoacidosis which is very dangerous.

I maintain a healthy balanced diet and get plenty of exercise walking from my car to McDonald's. grin

#5249 - 08/14/19 03:23 PM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Cheyenne]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Quote:
I don't eat meat and, it gets difficult to push myself to eat fish. (Wimpy vegan, in my heart.)

Ahahahahah. This is funny because I thought for a moment if the topic was going to be if golden showers from someone like me would be okay on a Keto diet. I am a "pescatarian" in that I am a vegetarian that eats fish, but I am trying to go to a more whole food, plant based diet. The Keto diet fascinates me, but I am not going to start eating only meat and cheese. Do tell how you did it.

And to the OP, yes come to session as centred as you can. I once had someone fast for 2 days, took some cold medicine and THEN had a glass of wine to calm his nerves before seeing me. He did not tell me any of this and passed out 20 minutes into a 5 hour session.

#5250 - 08/14/19 03:26 PM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Mistressnumber1]

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for that post. It makes sense. I was talking to someone after reading the post about bad breath who said that he had experienced this. There are so many variations of the keto diet. What they do at a place in Costa Rica (Awesome place for keto, vegans and, juicers) is called a primal keto diet. They do medium protein, high fat - but good fat, like avocado, macadamia nuts, coconut milk, ect., no red meat, no dairy. I've seen it work wonders for people, without adverse symptoms. But, if people are using the keto diet as an excuse to load up on red meat and, tons of dairy fat, I can see where that would cause issues...and, probably more than bad breath.

#5252 - 08/14/19 03:38 PM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Mistress Ayn]
worm Online   content

Thanks for the follow-up! i haven't any issues with bad breath, typically it's been less of an issue for me (i.e. no noticeable morning breath)...

i always double brush, mouthwash, and take breath fresheners for the entire route to serve anyway! smile

#5273 - 08/14/19 10:14 PM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: Mistress Ayn]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Actually Kero is not a high protein diet like Atkins. It is low carb , moderate protein and very high fat albeit only good healthy fats.

I was seriously considering doing it and read a pro Keto book on it
“Keto Clarity “ by a guy named Jimmy Moore. It made a lot of sense and was logical but you can read other stuff by knowledgeable people which also make sense and make the case for Keto being unhealthy. Ultimately I decided not to do it for a number of reasons.

FWIW and I am certainly no expert but I think a lot of people do Keto for weight loss and I think it works but a lot of other Keto people do it as a healthy way of eating/lifestyle. Fat burning vs glucose burning makes sense but If you don’t need to lose weight and your blood work is good I’m not sure if it’s worth it to switch to Keto.

#5280 - 08/15/19 12:29 AM Re: Keto & Sessioning... [Re: buffalo]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Good information. Thanks!

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (porkster, international, Chuck123, Soapy, denali, langerr, Chi61, DominaAdmin, Mistress Tissa, TheDriver, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, Mistress UV, nysubjack, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27011 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

DTLA Dominas