03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4905 - 08/05/19 05:14 PM Ranking: countries and professional domination
BDSAIME Offline
Artisan

Loc: Paris, France
Hi!

Today I wondered which countries have the highest number of pro dommes in compare to the number of inhabitants, as the statistics geek I am!

It isn't meant to be perfect or a precise study, but still, I think it is relevant!

I can only encourage you to read the results on my blog, as the layout is nicer and the results are more detailled and interpreted! https://www.bdsaime.com/post/ranking-countries-and-professional-domination
I can't afford to copy/paste my endless article here.

Here are the raw results
The closer the score is to 0, the more pro dommes there are compare to the general population.

United Kingdom
= 1,05

Switzerland
= 1,21

Austria
= 3,5

Germany
= 4

Canada
= 4,5

UAE
= 4,6

Finland
= 5

Belgium
= 5,2

Netherlands
= 5,9

Sweden
= 5,9

Australia
= 6

Hong Kong
= 6,5

United States
= 6,5

Spain
= 7,1

France
= 7,2

Czech Republic
= 9,5

Ireland
= 10

Israel
= 10

Singapour
= 10

Cyprus
= 11

Denmark
= 12

Estonia
= 13

Greece
= 15

Serbia
= 16

Portugal
= 17,5

Italia
= 19,5

Romania
= 22

Hungary
= 25

New-Zeland
= 25

... and the list goes on up to 43 countries in my article

Any thoughts on this?
As said in my article, many factors have to be taken into account here: culture, history, society-related factors -- such as open-mindedness or sexual liberation -- the wealth of the country, the repression of sex work, the influence of religion...

Edited by BDSAIME (08/05/19 05:17 PM)

#4910 - 08/05/19 09:14 PM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: BDSAIME]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Very interesting but the obvious problem is that if dominaguide.net has some bias then it will skew the results.

#4913 - 08/06/19 02:45 AM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: BDSAIME]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Interesting but I have my doubts. Maybe I am biased but I find very difficult to take this results seriously. As precious as our dommes here in the USA are I would like to think that I will find more than 2 in a million of people. Then again maybe this explains the recurring complaint of the guys lamenting that they cannot meet dominant women.

#4914 - 08/06/19 02:48 AM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: The Thomas]
BDSAIME Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By The Thomas
Very interesting but the obvious problem is that if dominaguide.net has some bias then it will skew the results.

Thank you!

Yes, I agree, that's why I said it wasn't that much of a "research".

Though, I think it is relevant. I do have some knowledge of the pro world, and I could have guessed countries like UK, Germany or UAE in the top 5, because it only makes sense!

Also, I didn't mention it on my article by I checked some others directories just briefly, and they showed the same proportions than dominaguide.

I also checked on Google for the Norway mystery and still the same.

I think you can probably switch ranks from 2/3 positions higher or lower for some countries, but not more grin

My only real precaution would be with Russia. They still are pretty much isolated even in Europe, and I wouldn't be surprise if they had their own large directory and not encline to use the worldwide ones.

#4915 - 08/06/19 02:51 AM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: Komodo]
BDSAIME Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By Komodo
Interesting but I have my doubts. Maybe I am biased but I find very difficult to take this results seriously. As precious as our dommes here in the USA are I would like to think that I will find more than 2 in a million of people. Then again maybe this explains the recurring complaint of the guys lamenting that they cannot meet dominant women.

Thanks!
I think the point of the article is the ranking and the proportions between countries, not necessarily the specific numbers.

As you said, if there's plenty more US pro dommes than that, the same could apply to other countries, so the global ranking would still be pretty much the same!

Edited by BDSAIME (08/06/19 02:52 AM)

#4916 - 08/06/19 03:38 AM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: BDSAIME]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

That seems to track. The top countries are the places with the desire and the wealth to maintain a population of pro dommes. One simply cannot have a dedicated playspace and the investment in the craft where people cannot spend more than 200 an hour for a session.

A consideration is traveling dominas. While I was in Barcelona I was once a month, touring the Middle East. Because of different standards and marketing I had a whole separate website and social media for my tours there. Then you would have counted me twice, once for Spain and once for the UAE. Almost no one is based in the UAE--I can think of 2. The elevated tribute rates do attract a lot of touring dommes.

Actually there are a lot of things that would consider with who is a pro-domme. I think that this would take a MASSIVE amount of effort and you would probably come up with similar results.

#4917 - 08/06/19 05:51 AM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: Domina M]
BDSAIME Offline
Artisan

Thank you for your opinion! I'm glad a pro domina herself thinks it's somehow relevant and that it sticks to reality.

Actually, I didn't even know that some dominas could create a new website for temporary stays. I didn't know neither about the enormous majority of dommes in UAE who are only passing by. I knew they were foreigners but I thought that at least half of them were living here! I edited my article, I think it's an information that has to be taken into account.

Edited by BDSAIME (08/06/19 05:53 AM)

#4923 - 08/06/19 02:11 PM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: BDSAIME]
langerr Online   content
Regular

I've sessioned in six of those countries and it seems about right. Using any public source of data will make it inaccurate to a greater or lesser degree, but you've done well with what you have available.

#4924 - 08/06/19 06:59 PM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: BDSAIME]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Interesting research, BDSAIME. I know that you have acknowledged some weaknesses and the numbers might hold up, but dominaguide.net seems to be woefully out of date. In Georgia it has 8 listed (only 2 of those still practice but that is not the point - but it does tell me that the numbers might not reflect today's reality). Conversely, on Eros Guide 13 are currently advertising and I know of a handful of others that practice but don't advertise there. I would put the actual number to be somewhere around 18, not 8. The same goes for Washington, DC. Dominaguide shows 6 while there are currently 22 advertising on Eros. A couple are visiting but again I know of several that don't regularly advertise so I would stick with 22-25 opposed to the listed 6 on dominaguide.net.

If all countries are under reported on your source then the numbers hold but I am thinking that the US is coming out a bit lower in the ranking than is reality.

Finding a more accurate source than dominaguide.net probably wouldn't be worth the effort, so thanks for putting the work into this and getting us thinking about it. Switzerland was certainly a surprise. I just don't see them being that much kinkier than their German neighbors, but who knows . . .

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#4930 - 08/06/19 07:49 PM Re: Ranking: countries and professional domination [Re: Komodo]
AssSniffer1999 Offline
Artisan

Loc: Connecticut
To me it seems about correct. In my state of like 5 million (CT) there's only 4 pro dommes I know based here.
Most dommes in the USA are highly concentrated in a specific few cities it seems (NY, Atlanta, SF, LA)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
288 registered (furfan, mikel, Domina M, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, Mistress Ayn, denali, Dominions, porkster, international, langerr, Bruce88, Chi61, broom, Cheyenne, Lady Bellatrix, Bound ashtray Man, Soapy, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, Mistress UV, palmer, ChicagoSlicker, nysubjack, jadreg13, TheDriver, EvedLeNashim, sheba322000, Ms_Gia_Peccato, buffalo, WestAugust, artiemus1, cbtlover, tosser, MsRoseWoods, ztrade, The Thomas, llf, CelesteTaylor, Madam Jess, midlet, MsKittyLaReaux, Lady Velvet Steel, Chuck123, Slv4u, DommeLynx, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, Protons1, DominaAdmin, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, Browniepoints95, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, jeanmarc, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, mass, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 30656 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Fetbot