by Dominions
04/27/24 08:14 AM
Femdom Church; 1980s
by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#4856 - 08/04/19 10:22 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By Soapy
Originally Posted By gimp
Problem is that people tend to carry peoples political beliefs into not liking someone.

In 2019 it is not a matter of academic disagreements anymore.

What do you mean by that, Soapy? I am starting to agree that this discussion would be better off moved to the political area. I am sort of blown away by your comment and, truly want to understand what you meant by it.

#4864 - 08/04/19 02:21 PM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: Komodo]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Komodo
While I never have the time to check out politics on either site, I guess there are people interested in it. Should we deprive them of that because we might be tempted to look? Cachez ce sein que je ne saurais voire?

I am OK with the Administrator deciding to create a Politics section. I have even posted there myself twice. I will probably to continue to do so but very sparingly as the atmosphere is very fractious.

Two posters have made an apropos analogy to the FTT section. I don't think I will ever post there but when I am in a special mood will read some of the posts there. And when I am not I don't.

It is interesting (and perhaps a bit disturbing) that Politics is getting more posts than the rest of the Buzz combined. Was that the case over at Max Fisch?

#4875 - 08/04/19 11:45 PM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: The Thomas]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I don't know since I looked only once and was a little upset that a guy who was otherwise balanced was having to my mind some pretty nasty attacks on Lady Cheyenne.

I agree with Soapy that the toxic climate is not from us but from the society at large, and I cannot talk to some people in my own family on these subjects. This never happened before and I think it starts from the top.

Still I find it somewhat ironic when we start insisting for political correctness.

The BDSM version of PC was the PC guy, who was the opposite of PC.

Edited by Komodo (08/04/19 11:46 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#4885 - 08/05/19 08:32 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: The Thomas]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Yes that was the case on Max. The politics section was getting way more posts then the bdsm section. There weren’t that many different individual posters but there was a core group over there who were very active.

I see no problem at all with a politics section. No one has to read or take part unless you want to. I actually think it’s a good thing because otherwise political discussions will inevitably bleed over into the bdsm discussions. I can’t understand why anyone would be upset about having a political section. It’s like tv. If you don’t like a show don’t watch.

#4909 - 08/05/19 09:07 PM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: buffalo]
jacky b Offline
Artisan

Loc: SoCal
Thanks to all for responses. I find good/interesting input from all, especially like buffalo's point about having the political forum and maybe that will help politics from bleeding over into the BDSM forums - great point!

A lot of my original post did point out that i come here for the BDSM dialogue. And when the political forum overtakes the BDSM forum in posts, it is kinda sad. There are about 9 billion other sites where one can rant & rave "discuss - He he!" over politics, so this was my "safe place."

The other point/s i didn't mention was that i do hate that this country (USA) has become so divided that people can't tolerate another person having a different option - heaven forbid! I may think they're crazy, but they have every right to their opinion & not have me yell at them & tell them they are "Stupid" for having a differing opinion.

Secondly, how often has anyone on the left or right had any success in bringing them over to the other side? 0.00001% of the time - maybe?! So what is the point of the back & forth over "you're stupid, or no you're stupid?!"

Thanks again for the feedback. So now it's my $0.04! And i'll guess i'll just ignore the politics section unless it relates to BDSM. BTW it seems like Cheyenne is doing fine in moderating.

#4911 - 08/05/19 09:20 PM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: buffalo]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By buffalo
Yes that was the case on Max. The politics section was getting way more posts then the bdsm section. There weren’t that many different individual posters but there was a core group over there who were very active.

I see no problem at all with a politics section. No one has to read or take part unless you want to. I actually think it’s a good thing because otherwise political discussions will inevitably bleed over into the bdsm discussions. I can’t understand why anyone would be upset about having a political section. It’s like tv. If you don’t like a show don’t watch.

Thanks for the information, buffalo. Can't say it is much of a surprise though.

#4921 - 08/06/19 12:29 PM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
You are correct about both sides just going back and forth calling each other stupid. I just can’t read a lot of it. For a number of reasons I won’t bother to go into here on the bdsm forum this is a very polarising time in our country. I will say that imho Cheyenne is about the only one taking part in the political discussions who is open minded and objective about things and is the right choice to be the moderator.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box

Who's Online
326 registered (Domina M, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, Chi61, Moth to a Flame, DominaAdmin, T-bone, Soapy, Mistress Mickey, Chuck123, Michelle Lacy, langerr, Dominions, furfan, Eastbabyhuey, Cheyenne, Ma$oboy, HellionCobRoller, Boucheron, The Thomas, NYC Mistress Devi, nysubjack, TheDriver, kefxb24, middleboy992, WestAugust, Mistress An Li, MayaMidnight, Stern Miss Lea, Bruce88, Curiouser, callybionic, EvedLeNashim, buffalo, porkster, Bruxelles, artiemus1, tosser, international, denali, MsRoseWoods, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, Poester, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33870 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fetbot