by Domina M
Yesterday at 07:13 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4831 - 08/03/19 09:05 PM Love this site - big supporter, but the politics!
jacky b Offline
Artisan

Loc: SoCal
Hi to all,

As i have said, I am a HUGE fan of this site, and have even been baffled that it has not grown much more quickly even when Max is functioning perfectly. But even more so with all the Max madness. I'm not only speaking of the slowdowns of the website, but just the mean people that are often posting there & have to make themselves fell better by putting others down. Vicious.

However, i feel that it has been a BIG mistake to have a political forum on here.

Yes, i am free to simply ignore it, but when i looked at the recent posts yesterday, politics were the bulk of the posts!! I come here for the info and the camaraderie, not to see/listen to "you're a Trump duffus, or you're a liberal idiot!" And back and forth ad nauseum.

Still glad the site is here, but have enough politics in my everyday life, and have no need (unless it is BDSM related) for it here!! This site is an escape from all the hate and vitriol, wish it could remain that way. My $0.02

#4835 - 08/04/19 01:47 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

While I never have the time to check out politics on either site, I guess there are people interested in it. Should we deprive them of that because we might be tempted to look? Cachez ce sein que je ne saurais voire?

#4836 - 08/04/19 02:20 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

I am grateful for the kindness of the domina.ms people in providing us with a "home" to come to, so much like The Hang, but better.

I agree with you that it was a mistake to allow political posts here and have a politics board.

It has a learning curve,but there is a browser extension called Ublock Origin that will let you remove particular sections of web sites you don't want. Its like an Ad Block for power users. It does take some practice to learn how to use. If you mess up, you just look up the filter you just made and delete it. You can use it to make the politics section look like it is not even here.

Edited by Soapy (08/04/19 03:32 AM)

#4843 - 08/04/19 06:37 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
tabula Online   content
Artisan

Loc: New York
I don't enjoy FTT. It grosses me out and being grossed out is not one of my kinks. Sometimes I read those posts with a morbid curiosity. Sometimes a description or link there will gross me out. I would never propose that the FTT section be removed simply because I'm grossed out. Different strokes for different folks. I'm an adult and can recognize that something might have positive value for others even though it does not to me. I realize that the world is a better place because of its diversity of interests and recognize that my interests are not the only valid interests for people to have.

I've occasionally posted to the politics forum on MF and now here. Yes, sometimes posts there make me angry. It's hard to connect with someone who is diametrically opposed to your own views. But, having the BDSM connection means that we have a thread that connects us and perhaps we will spend a little more time hearing about their point of view. Some times I post there with the (thin) hope that this underlying connection will allow for some mutual understanding in this era of the widening gulf between left and right.

IMHO, this thread belongs in the politics section. A post about political discussion being bad is a political discussion. So you may not like it but your participating in it. smile

Edited by tabula (08/04/19 06:44 AM)

#4846 - 08/04/19 07:16 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
AssSniffer1999 Offline
Artisan

Loc: Connecticut
I haven't clicked on the politics page even once, I don't see the harm in it existing though.

#4848 - 08/04/19 07:34 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I have fun kicking the political can down the road with longtime MF buddies. They are conversations that you can't or, at least shouldn't, have in every day life. Most of us are careful of such discussions as not to alienate or, offend our real time neighbors. If the political forum accounts for most of the posts, I guess it is because that is what people want to talk about. Removing the forum would not increase posting activity in the lobby. It would simply remove an environment that a handful of weirdos, like myself, enjoy. The full toilet creeps me out. Does that mean I should suggest it be taken down? Of course, not. Live and, let live.

#4849 - 08/04/19 07:35 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

You certainly enjoyed the political forum on MF....at least, you were quite active on it. Why would you say it was a mistake to have one here? People seem to enjoy it. Those who don't, aren't forced to read it.

#4853 - 08/04/19 09:19 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: jacky b]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
I don’t see anything wrong with having the politics forum. Problem is that people tend to carry peoples political beliefs into not liking someone.

#4854 - 08/04/19 09:36 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: gimp]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By gimp
Problem is that people tend to carry peoples political beliefs into not liking someone.

In 2019 it is not a matter of academic disagreements anymore.

#4855 - 08/04/19 09:40 AM Re: Love this site - big supporter, but the politics! [Re: Cheyenne]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

I see nothing wrong with political discussion on Off Topic. However, the discussions must absolutely be respectful to differing points of view. I am confident that that Mistress Cheyenne has the same attitude and will keep the conversations civil, and this will be such a huge improvement over "the other site."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
305 registered (palmer, SeekingAdventure, Soapy, Cheyenne, WestAugust, broom, Chi61, HenryB, langerr, CelesteTaylor, domtsub, TheDriver, Boucheron, Robert1218, international, denali, Old_Timer_FL, Domina M, Chuck123, tosser, Bruce88, painslut, artiemus1, sheba322000, Swinburne, midlet, Lady Velvet Steel, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, nysubjack, marstoy, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, The Thomas, cbtlover, HellionCobRoller, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, DominaAdmin, Felix, furfan, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32175 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress  Lexine