by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#4375 - 07/24/19 05:09 PM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Goddess Lilith]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Good for you. That is wise. :-)

#4427 - 07/26/19 12:27 AM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Cheyenne]
Ms Servalan Offline

I usually say I'm a Marketing Communications consultant - it's what I was for some time before I was a ProDomme... this is generally just for new acquaintances when I can't really be bothered having a discussion. I'm pretty open about my work - it just depends on the circumstances.

#4431 - 07/26/19 04:35 AM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Ms Servalan]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Welcome to The Buzz smile

#4449 - 07/26/19 04:59 PM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Ms Servalan]

Pooh-Bah

That is wise. And, yes, always depends on the circumstance.

#4459 - 07/27/19 05:56 AM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Cheyenne]
alex Offline
Artisan

Loc: NYC
I've never been in a similar situation, so this could be off base.

But there are a lot of people with money and a lot of people who don't like to talk about their finances.

If someone meets a woman who lives well, but doesn't go to work every day, they probably won't think, "I'll bet she has a secret life as a dominatrix." They'll just think she's a woman who has some money, and who doesn't like to talk about it.

If someone asks you what you do, just say vague things like, "My husband and I were lucky enough to be able to live comfortably." If they push, say, "Let's not talk about money." If they insist, say something more direct, like, "I'd rather keep my financial life private."

I mean, you don't owe people, even people you're friendly with, any explanations. There's nothing odd about not talking about where your money comes from. Many people who have nothing unusual going on in their lives don't like to talk about money.

Living well while downplaying what you have and being discreet about where it came from is pretty much standard operating procedure for a lot of wealthy people, especially people with family money.

There's nothing odd at all about it.

#4487 - 07/27/19 12:59 PM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: alex]

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for your response. It is interesting, my experience has been that it is so much different when you are older than, younger. When a young single woman does well for herself, people tend to be much nosier and, suspicious. At least, getting older has some perks. ;-)

#4497 - 07/27/19 03:37 PM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: DommeLynx]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By DommeLynx
Luckily I have a vanilla job, so I use that a lot.

If I didn't, I'd probably say something like modeling or ghost writing. If they ask for your model profile, say you're not comfortable giving any info on that due to the fact that some of your pics aren't work friendly. Hopefully they won't press on that.

If you told me you were a ghost writer I would find that so interesting you would wish you had said prodomme as I would ask you a million questions :-).

#4553 - 07/29/19 09:39 AM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Soapy]
BiSlaveBoy Offline
Occasional

I work in IT .....not even my family understand what I do....and would probably be bored to tears if I tried to explain.....

However, might not work for a Domme unless you have good sound insulation. How about saying your are an Anger Management Counsellor.....should cover the screaming and the grown men with tear streaked faces leaving at all hours!

#4557 - 07/29/19 11:11 AM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: Cheyenne]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I tend to be pretty open about what I do if it fits the crowd - but there are times when I don't want to share or find it inappropriate. That's when I pull out the term "consultant" - which is technically true. For most inquiries it stops there. I don't think most people really care what you do, they are just trying to make conversation or find common ground. If someone persists beyond that I pull out the most boring thing I know - digital asset management. I have a friend that does this so I know enough of the buzzwords if needed - but really most people's eyes glaze over and we move on.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#4561 - 07/29/19 12:59 PM Re: What Do U Do 4 a Living - Dreaded Question [Re: DommeLynx]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

This is a neat idea, the problem could be that this is an interesting job so it might be followed by what have you written? Maybe proofreader or web design consultant, both somewhat related to the job might be blanket answers.

To my mind the best answers are personalized, and unless you have a real vanilla job should be related to a real hobby, and something you consider doing when retiring. Best combination should be something a little technical to the area, and not particularly interesting to the general public.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
319 registered (Soapy, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Boucheron, ztrade, Domina M, nysubjack, spiderone23, Cheyenne, marstoy, The Thomas, CelesteTaylor, WestAugust, DominaAdmin, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Tissa, broom, langerr, denali, Chi61, buffalo, HellionCobRoller, midlet, tosser, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, Chuck123, Poester, Bruce88, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, TheDriver, Dominions, international, AaronGrant, sfotk1, furfan, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Stern Miss Lea, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, Eva Lordes, 2Balls1Cock, Mistress Berlin NYC, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, cbtlover, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33360 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

DTLA Dominas