by Domina M
Yesterday at 07:13 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Topic Options
#4525 - 07/28/19 10:06 AM Therapeutic BDSM/Kink
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I did just say that we (Dominas) are not therapists in the traditional way, however, we often do work that is therapeutic.

I would say I mainly do two types of "therapeutic" sessions. Not surprising to find something that falls along the BDSM cliché of someone experiencing a trama and it imprinting upon their sex map. They fear and desire certain activities and I take them to this dark place and back safely. I think this is important service as a professional. there is safety in controlling with the appointment will happen and that they will be fine on the other side. I find these very satisfying in being a part of someone's healing process.

The second type is the most common of my stable. They just want to drop everything at the door and have a 2-3-4 hour erotic escape. It is a bit spiritual as well, a type of meditation induced by me. While this is a "service" I provide, I often end up bonding the most with these types of clients.

Of course, it is also okay to play simply because it's fun. Nothing at all wrong with that.

#4531 - 07/28/19 11:36 AM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: Domina M]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

I've had a few "door number 2" experiences of a session making me feel energized by giving me a "vacation from reality" experience.

I haven't had any of the first kind of experience.

When I started therapy I would often have to leave in a very emotional state. Pick my intestines off of the ground and go to work.

I sort of see therapy happening in a session like a wild tomato plant I once found growing between two concrete steps.

Not likely, but not impossible and completely accidental.

Bringing stuff into the conscious mind is only one part of therapy, the second part is neutralizing it.

Maybe that happens more with longer sessions, with better dommes, and dommes you visit often enough for them to know you very well ( and care ).

Edited by Soapy (07/28/19 01:35 PM)

#4546 - 07/28/19 08:07 PM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: Domina M]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Like so many other people in the world today, I lead a fairly demanding and stressful life. I am a firm believed in the "work hard, play hard" philosophy of life.

BDSM sessions are very therapeutic for me because every stress and fear in my life seems to quietly disappear as soon as that door opens and I set eyes on the Domme. I can just feel the stress melt away from me, and for the next several hours through the session that sense of relaxation and contentment seems to just get deeper in correlation to my sinking into subspace. My attention is totally on the Domme: what she says, how she looks at me, and of course on what she is doing.

When the session is over I feel like a sense of equilibrium has been re-established and I can feel that my energy is much more positive and clear. It's very cathartic, and of course, it's really great fun too!

#4548 - 07/29/19 01:42 AM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: Soapy]

Enthusiast

Quote:
I sort of see therapy happening in a session like a wild tomato plant I once found growing between two concrete steps.

Yes I agree. It is a nice thing to find, but not usually the main focus.

#4549 - 07/29/19 01:47 AM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: nysubjack]

Enthusiast

I think that subspace is also a type of mental and emotional "Rebooting" and quite beneficial.

I really enjoy the power exchange when it is like this. No matter how dark we go in scene there will be such positive vibes after--perhaps even more the darker.

#4588 - 07/29/19 07:57 PM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: Domina M]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Reboot is exactly the right word. When that chemistry is right, it is like an emotional reset for me after the session. I feel energized, content and centered. While the physical reactions during the session are themselves tremendous motivation, I also really enjoy that "after glow" that follows a great session.

#4646 - 07/30/19 05:05 PM Re: Therapeutic BDSM/Kink [Re: Domina M]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

I've usually experienced a kind of mental "reboot," as you termed it below, after sessioning. And I think making oneself as vulnerable as you do in a session, and to communicate as thoroughly as is required, has a kind of therapeutic element.

But I've for a while wrestled with a kind of related question, which is how should one's kink or BDSM wiring be discussed or acknowledged within a conventional therapy session. I've never done therapy but have thought about it sometimes as various life adversities -- some minor and some devastating -- have come up. I've always hesitated (even as everyone I know does therapy) because I feel that I'd have to include discussion of my kinks with the therapist. At the same time, I don't think kink is a primary problem right now (or maybe any problem.) I'll look up kink-friendly therapists and feel that they are most often kink-focused. But then I won't want to talk to someone who is going to pathologize me for having kink interests, and for whom I'll have to censor myself.

Anyway, that's a ramble and a tangent, but would be curious if anyone has thoughts on where their BDSM interests fit within traditional therapy.

#4676 - 07/31/19 07:27 AM Kink Friendly Therapist [Re: palmer]

Enthusiast

I believe "Kink Friendly" is just that, meaning someone doesn't immediately try to cure you of being kinky. Wanting to smell a pretty girl's feet in of itself is not an act of self loathing, but any kind of pleasure inducing activity can be addicting, and that is something to watch if it is ruining your vanilla life. But I digress.

It appears kink is less and less stigmatised and it should not be that hard to find one these days. For me I could not utilise therapy on a holistic level to get through my grief and loss with out sometimes mentioning my job and kink life--hey it is what I do. It would not work with every time it came up I had to deal with, "Wait, you like that?" Ugh. I have been pretty lucky though.

#4683 - 07/31/19 11:26 AM Re: Kink Friendly Therapist [Re: Domina M]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

Thank you for the encouraging reply -- it's helpful.

#4688 - 07/31/19 01:04 PM Re: Kink Friendly Therapist [Re: palmer]

Enthusiast

I am a big advocate for a little talk therapy here and there. Nice to have someone outside your friend/family group--thus with no vested interest in your conclusions--help you sort out your thoughts. Remember if someone focuses on your kink in a way you don't feel is productive, leave, find a new one. Simple as that.

Moderator:  Cheyenne 
Shout Box

Who's Online
303 registered (Lady Velvet Steel, Domina M, Cheyenne, ztrade, LAN, Swinburne, artiemus1, HenryB, Boucheron, palmer, Awillingstudent, Chi61, nysubjack, TheDriver, marstoy, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, The Thomas, Old_Timer_FL, cbtlover, HellionCobRoller, tosser, WestAugust, Soapy, langerr, international, CelesteTaylor, Jeffmill999, broom, Protons1, Bruce88, SlaveGunner, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, Felix, denali, furfan, ingridguerci94, midlet, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, cbot, painslut, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, domtsub, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, sheba322000, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32026 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Goddess Gia Peccato