DTLA Dominas
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#4189 - 07/17/19 07:19 PM Twitter and fake profiles
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Currently on Twitter a scammer has duplicated my profile (adding an extra s to Mistress) and is contacting my followers asking for money. When I reported the profile to Twitter saying I was being impersonated they sent back a form email stating they would only look into it if I sent them a copy of my government ID (which will not say Mistress Ayn) or proof of registration of your trade name or pseudonym. I looked into a trade mark and found that your real name becomes attached to it and others can see that information online. I could do a more convoluted approach and register my name through my company, but I am not sure that would satisfy Twitter and ultimately I think that could be traced back to my legal name too.

Have any of you Ladies registered your pseudonym and if so how did you do it? Anyone else have a suggestion?

Edited by Mistress Ayn (07/18/19 12:01 AM)

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#4191 - 07/17/19 09:23 PM Re: Trade Marks, assumed name certificates, etc [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

When you have mistresses sending cease and desist to other mistresses like recently in mistress Mara's case this might be an issue. To my mind proving that somebody infringes a trademark is sufficient even if you cannot prove that it's yours, but I am not a lawyer.

#4193 - 07/17/19 11:28 PM Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Komodo]

Veteran

Tell that to Twitter. The problem with the Twitter beast is that you seldom deal with a real person.

#4194 - 07/18/19 12:03 AM Re: Trade Marks, assumed name certificates, etc [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

There are two distinct problems. If you want to own a trademark untraceable to you I am sure there are ways to do that, but they would take time and money. Probably some combination of LLC or trusts. Each state and most countries have some form of LLC and there has to exist some that suit your purpose.

But I am not sure how effective this would be in combating scams like you mention, because the due process might take too long. Probably a more immediate response like mobilizing your followers to protest would get a quicker answer from Twitter.

#4195 - 07/18/19 12:11 AM Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Komodo]

Veteran

I've mobolized the troops and many have reported it but Twitter continues to turn a blind eye. If Twitter would just do their job and use a little common sense, none of this would be necessary. Talk about uneven moderation. Twitter allows us to be impersonated yet will delete our profiles without even giving a reason.

#4196 - 07/18/19 01:31 AM Re: Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

I can't find the fake account in a Twitter search, perhaps they have taken care of it.

#4208 - 07/18/19 08:44 AM Re: Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Poester]

Veteran

https://twitter.com/aynmisstress

They have blocked me so it's almost impossible for me to find them without a direct link but there it is. When people tried to report the account as fake, the twitter application wouldn't even let them put my user name in. So everyone started reporting them as spam. I haven't gotten anymore reports of them contacting people I know, but I would appreciate it if everyone here would report the account too.

Just be careful and don't accidently report mine. Mine is the one that actually has a few followers, spells Mistress correctly and has functioning website links. mad

https://twitter.com/MistressAyn/status/1145481146865725440 https://twitter.com/MistressAyn/status/1145481146865725440

This was over two weeks ago and it's still up.

#4210 - 07/18/19 10:17 AM Re: Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

It's not letting me report because neither of the subject accounts are coming up in the "reportable" list.

#4211 - 07/18/19 11:02 AM Re: Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Poester Online   content
Enthusiast

It seems a pretty half assed phishing attempt.
The web site is non-existant.
Have you gotten any reports of people extorted for money under your name?

#4214 - 07/18/19 01:50 PM Re: Twitter and fake profiles [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Eventually this is either an attempt to harass you, or an attempt to steal. If it is the second at some point the scammer has to provide for a way to pay, at which point some pointer to his real identity can be found. One way to try to do that would be to let a friend play the role of the victim, find the payment method and report the scammer.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (Chi61, DominaAdmin, langerr, Mistress Tissa, TheDriver, Soapy, denali, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, international, Mistress UV, nysubjack, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, porkster, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Chuck123, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 26943 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina