Mrs. Weltsova
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#4078 - 07/15/19 02:17 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: madman1_rug]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I understand where you are coming from. In my day to day life I am the peace maker in my family and between my friends. But mistress Tissa brings out the worst in me, I don't like myself when I talk to her, so I can very well understand that she doesn't either.

Some things are better left alone.

#4121 - 07/15/19 06:43 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Soapy]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Thank you for taking the time to write this soapy. It is spot on.

I would like to add a little something to this topic and thought your thread would be the best place - so at this point I am speaking to the group, not just you soaps ;-)

I am a big believer in free speech too - until it become libelous and potentially career damaging. One point that I think has been skipped over is the impact an unmoderated forum can have on a Dommes livelihood. I've read subs say that they were attached on MF but "got over it". I can imagine they would. With few exceptions, no one knows who they are. Being flamed won't damage their career or cause their real life peers to think less of them. That is not the case with ProDommes on here. This is not a hobby for us or just a bit of entertainment.

I have noticed that very little moderation has been necessary on this board and I believe it's because people know someone is watching. To those that are concerned about censorship, there are multiple moderators on here (Green Names) and we all have a voice and I believe we are quiet diverse in opinions and sensibilities. I feel confident that Admin will listen to us all in the event of a problem. Admin also offered to have a male submissive run a board which would give him moderation authority too, but no one has stepped up. I, for one, would like to see this happen.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#4150 - 07/16/19 03:03 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I had no idea that green names meant moderators. I thought that choosing a color, like you choose an image or a signature is part of the customization available here.

As a matter of fact green is a little counter intuitive because moderation is more about red lines.

Like everybody else, I have my biases too. Hearing something questionable from somebody you trust is very different from hearing the same from somebody you don't. The fact that I hear people I trust favoring moderation, has an impact.

My view was that a large community has natural anti corps. When somebody goes overboard there were usually many negative responses from regular users even in the absence of moderators.

Those who come from MF and are very patient might remember my proposal how to create and maintain a list of active mistresses in a forum form. I spent some time thinking about the administration, and my solution, one administrator and multiple curators (kind of the equivalent of a moderator) was addressing how to do it without anybody having to spend a lot of time on these jobs.

What would I expect of a moderator? First somebody with a lot of time on his hands. Preferably somebody who has posted a lot, like an addict at MF. The ability to get along, to have an open mind, to be somewhat of a diplomat. So it is a demanding and unpaid job, and it is remarkable that there are multiple persons willing to do it. This bodes well for this site.

#4167 - 07/17/19 03:15 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Komodo]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Quote:
My view was that a large community has natural anti corps. When somebody goes overboard there were usually many negative responses from regular users even in the absence of moderators.

Well I also think that an unseen side effect of that is when there is no moderation, people just leave quietly. Sure lots of people announce they are quitting, but they never are the people who do.

#4174 - 07/17/19 10:14 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Domina M]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
+1

#4181 - 07/17/19 03:13 PM Re: Historical perspective [Re: Domina M]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Hello,I always enjoyed your posts.

I think that moderation is a tool, like an ax. It can be used to cut wood or to cut heads. It is also something of a given for a site, some have it, some don't and this is usually not negotiable.

I am just starting to get acquainted to this site, at this point I spend more time reading old content on MF, around 2011, which I consider kind of a golden age. To my surprise I find there more people thinking like me and feeling like me, and nowadays this is not too common.

Returning to this site, and this is a first impression, it has done the heavy lifting, because the most difficult part is to bootstrap. I know how hard it s to move the needle, I tried at MF but the inertia is huge.

I think that here there is an interesting history at play. My impression is that the original success here was by establishing a niche, mistresses unhappy for a reason or another with MF. It established a good infrastructure administrative and otherwise in a leisurely way, on low traffic.

As MF ran into problems, some of the active users there joined in. In the most recent run my favorite alternative was Lady Cheyenne's site, because she had proved her business acumen for a period of over 10 years, but this site was up and running, well structured and quick on its feet, and it became the favorite alternative.

Now success can bring its own problems. IMHO some of the problems seen as lack of moderators were really about a big volume, big traffic site with lots of posters. When you have more users you have more outliers.

If you want to read posts, there is a lot to read. There are a lot of users coming and going, a lot more difference of nuances and opinions, and eventually it becomes a different ball game.

Repeatedly you have to make choices, are you going to be inclusive or exclusive, and to what degree? Do you want to keep your character, which started as a protest, or do you want to become a replacement of the largest community, and in the process become your parent you rebelled against? Future will tell.

#4362 - 07/24/19 08:58 AM Re: More Max Madness [Re: TheBigWoman]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I don't know what is going on with this situation. But, I will say, there is nothing wrong with liking it up the ass. Strap on play can a ton of fun.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (ChicagoSlicker, denali, Ms_Gia_Peccato, furfan, buffalo, international, langerr, porkster, Chuck123, Soapy, Chi61, DominaAdmin, Mistress Tissa, TheDriver, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, Mistress UV, nysubjack, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Cheyenne, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27051 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina