Sara Lips Wrestling
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#3698 - 06/25/19 05:11 AM Re: It happened many time before [Re: Poester]
second try Offline
Artisan

There was a time when Max Fisch was king of the internet bdsm connection scene.

The King is dead. Perhaps, not yet buried, but surely soon to be buried and then forgotten.

As a serious sub, who traveled from coast to coast on business, I was once a frequent user of MF to find new and attentive Dommes. The people who operated that site let it die from inattention.

#3955 - 07/12/19 03:55 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Swordfish]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I am conservative. There are a lot of reasons I would be very sorry to see MF gone. It has decades of sometimes very good content. There are hundred of users who take long breaks, come back after a while and won't know where to go. I won't be able to see any post of Loucabrazzi again.

I consider this moderation business a mixed blessing. The state of benign neglect at MF meant maximum freedom for the adult community we are supposed to be. Everybody can see the advantage of not having empty posts and having technical improvements.

Personally I do not enjoy a supposed grown up having to approve of what I want to say. It is like moving from a cable channel to a network channel. We have not to offend the big advertisers, in this case the mistresses or domination houses.

What if you don't approve of a present or future policy of a domination house? What if you consider that a mistress was unprofessional?

Basically moving from an unmoderated to a moderated environment means trading freedom for safety. This is a trade off I see too often nowadays and an excuse used by those who take away our freedoms.

I know I am in the minority. Most people value their convenience more than their freedom. This is why Facebook does so well.

#3960 - 07/12/19 08:54 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Komodo]
DominaAdmin Online   content
The Buzz Admin
Regular

Loc: LA
First and foremost, the Buzz is a board dedicated to Female Domination.

The Buzz Moderators Do Not approve posts before they become public, no one does. The Buzz is in favor of unmoderated free speech unless it becomes abusive, disparaging, or libelous.

We at the Buzz realize the potential for a discussion/review board with no Moderation to damage the reputation of a Professional Dominatrix or domination house.

Unfortunately this happened on the unmoderated "after max" version of the Hang on numerous occasions. Several members left the board due to a basic lack of courtesy and esprit de corps.

In the case of suspicious negative reviews, we make every effort to hear both sides of the story. The original "Max Fisch" handled reviews of a disputed or dubious, nature in much the same fashion.

Thank you

G.

Domina.ms Admin

Domina.ms Admin

#3966 - 07/12/19 01:38 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: DominaAdmin]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

What you are saying is reasonable. In what regards me I joined MF in the period you call the after MAX I guess. I have been there for years, posted hundred of posts and read thousands.

I was occasionally under attack myself, and had to defend myself. I never attacked anybody personally, but I often disagree with many views, and sometimes I express it.

While a few people might have been offended and left MF, there were hundreds, probably thousands who stayed on, whether it was moderated or not. Reading some of the archived posts, to me it looks like some of the old days discussions, when presumably it was moderated were more contentious than anything I witnessed myself.

There is a safety in numbers aspect. When there are so many readers even when you express a view which is not in the mainstream some people will agree or be interested in it.

I have to admit that I have some reservations about joining this group. For me FemDom is a subject, really a subject of great interest but not a cult. It can be a cult too, but I don't belong to it.

I think that people who are here, especially those exposed to MF before are aware how large a community can be, and what a wide array on views on lots of multiple subjects can exist.

I am interested to discuss on a lot of topics and give my honest views on them, and this is something to be done in a civil manner and with respect to any counter party.

But for me a discussion is just that, an argument carries equal weight regardless of who makes it, what I am doing is a discussion not a dedication, I am not ready to sit on my knees when I write to a mistress, nor to capitalize pronouns when referring to her.

As a matter of fact for me mistress is like information, a word which does not have plural, but that is a discussion for another day.

I am aware that in any large group there are majorities and minorities, and people like to belong to groups, and have group identities.

But if this place has two categories of citizens, mistresses and submissives, and this group identity permeates all exchanges then for me it cannot be a replacement for MF and I don't belong here.

#3977 - 07/12/19 07:27 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Komodo]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Komodo
What you are saying is reasonable. In what regards me I joined MF in the period you call the after MAX I guess. I have been there for years, posted hundred of posts and read thousands.

I was occasionally under attack myself, and had to defend myself. I never attacked anybody personally, but I often disagree with many views, and sometimes I express it.

While a few people might have been offended and left MF, there were hundreds, probably thousands who stayed on, whether it was moderated or not. Reading some of the archived posts, to me it looks like some of the old days discussions, when presumably it was moderated were more contentious than anything I witnessed myself.

There is a safety in numbers aspect. When there are so many readers even when you express a view which is not in the mainstream some people will agree or be interested in it.

I have to admit that I have some reservations about joining this group. For me FemDom is a subject, really a subject of great interest but not a cult. It can be a cult too, but I don't belong to it.

I think that people who are here, especially those exposed to MF before are aware how large a community can be, and what a wide array on views on lots of multiple subjects can exist.

I am interested to discuss on a lot of topics and give my honest views on them, and this is something to be done in a civil manner and with respect to any counter party.

But for me a discussion is just that, an argument carries equal weight regardless of who makes it, what I am doing is a discussion not a dedication, I am not ready to sit on my knees when I write to a mistress, nor to capitalize pronouns when referring to her.

As a matter of fact for me mistress is like information, a word which does not have plural, but that is a discussion for another day.

I am aware that in any large group there are majorities and minorities, and people like to belong to groups, and have group identities.

But if this place has two categories of citizens, mistresses and submissives, and this group identity permeates all exchanges then for me it cannot be a replacement for MF and I don't belong here.

I have been on this site soon after it started and unlike some who soon grew bored and left stuck with it. My attitude is very similar to yours and I am not reluctant to express my opinions but haven't encountered any real problems. So I encourage you to stay.

#3978 - 07/12/19 08:45 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Komodo]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Hello Komodo,

I am one of the few people still around who started posting at Max Fisch almost from the beginning.

In its hey day it was moderated.

The best thing about The Hang, what drove it for everyone, were the dominatrixes who visited there.

When the site changed hands, the site was not a concern for the owners. I think they allowed it to stay up out of respect for that fact that a community formed there.

Moderation slowed down and then ended.

The women felt disrespected and with no recourse to do anything about it. They started leaving and the site became the shadow of what it was once was.

We are extremely fortunate for the kindness of the owners of The Buzz who have given us a similar place to go to. A moderated one, like The Hang was back in its hey day.

I've talked with a number of women who left The Hang, and other web boards. Lack of moderation, lack of recourse for their concerns was the first thing they listed as what drove them away and what they would want if they ever decided to start posting on a web board again.

I even saw a prodomme on Twitter, still angry, more than 15 years later about getting rubbished on The Hang with nobody helping her. After all that time she was still sneering about how she felt mistreated......and ignored.

If more women come to The Buzz it will be because they trust the environment and that means moderation.

I've been using the Internet since before there were GUI operating systems. Outside of a few situations with unbalanced individuals I have never had a problem with politely expressing facts and opinions.

#3982 - 07/12/19 09:28 PM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: DominaAdmin]
alex Offline
Artisan

Loc: NYC
It seems to me that while the comparisons with Max Fisch are interesting they're not really relevant, because the owners of that site aren't maintaining it.

Whatever anyone thinks of the moderation policies here, this site isn't broken, so it wins.

#3986 - 07/13/19 01:16 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: The Thomas]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Thank you very much, Thomas. This was kind.

#3987 - 07/13/19 01:27 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Soapy]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Hi Soapy,

As a matter of act what I am doing now is due diligence before answering your post on MF. I probably did not start on MF before 2013, although I read some of the older posts.

I am surprised at what happened 15 years ago, especially that the community did not stand up when a mistress was attacked. Maybe things were different then. This may be the reason why about 75% of the content is produced by man nowadays, although I think that interest and free time have more to do with it.

#3988 - 07/13/19 01:34 AM Re: Why I wish MF would survive [Re: Komodo]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Addict

Loc: Philadelphia
Komodo, I have no idea why you are bothered by a moderated environment. It seems you're equating "moderated" with "fascist".

With all due respect, I have a strong feeling that you've never been in the position that millions -- sorry, billions -- of women have been in sometimes in our lives: harassed, defamed, stalked, or worse. Allowing this to go unchecked -- at it does SO OFTEN in our world -- is not something that makes women feel very good. And when it continues, it will drive the most self-respecting of us away. Like it did with me on Max.

We live in a patriarchal society. Men seem to think they rule this place and that they should have the say in all things. Is this an underlying issue for you?

Professional BDSM is driven almost exclusively by women. In other words: much less of you would have a place to go and express your kinks without us. And yet you are balking about our wanting a space that might be appropriately concerned with the needs of the women who are responsible for it?

Let me ask you, Komodo, are you bothered by a moderated environment because you are afraid you will behave in a way that will need moderation?

Edited by Mistress Tissa (07/13/19 01:37 AM)

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, international, Mistress UV, nysubjack, Mistress Tissa, ztrade, TheDriver, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, langerr, porkster, Soapy, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, Chi61, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, denali, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, DominaAdmin, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Chuck123, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 26829 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina