by Domina M
04/24/24 07:13 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#3854 - 07/04/19 11:55 AM Paypal, privacy
palmer Online   content
Artisan

I've noticed a few dommes now asking for deposits to be paid via Paypal, which I always thought was not recommended for adult transactions. (And this is as opposed to the usual and more anonymous Amazon gift card deposit.) Curious everyone's thoughts on this. I don't think there's any way Paypal is anonymous -- which is probably the point for the dommes using it. My Paypal account is often used for business -- it's mostly things I get reimbursed for, so I'm always submitting my statements.

I know anonymity is almost a fiction these days, and I understand why dommes would want to not indulge it... Still, requiring Paypal seems like something new.

#3855 - 07/04/19 03:19 PM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: palmer]
beta male Offline

Loc: New Jersey
The only way I know to pay anonymously with PayPal is to have the recipient generate a barcode from Her account using the "add cash" option. She then emails the barcode to you and you have one hour to go to a pre-selected retailer (CVS, Walmart, etc) that She has selected. You can go to any location of said retailer, you show the barcode to the cashier, tell them the amount, and pay them in cash. They will scan the barcode and the recipient will get the funds in about 15 minutes. Its anonymous for both sender and recipient as the barcode does not contain any identifying information.

#3856 - 07/04/19 03:56 PM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: palmer]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
I've been playing around on seeking arrangements for a while, finding occasional femdom arrangements that way. Overall, in the sugaring community, if you MUST do an electronic payment, Cashapp is king as far as safety and anonymity -- it's the app that's most difficult to reverse transactions on (safer for the woman being paid) and the one with the most anonymity (safer for all concerned). I haven't used it myself, but this might be an area the femdom community can learn from the sugaring community. I googled it quickly and it looks like each party can claim a $cashtag that is an anonymous handle, by which money can be exchanged.

In the sugaring community, the reputation as far as safety and anonymity of payment apps, in order, is:

1. CashApp (best)
2. Venmo
3. Paypal (worst)

Edited by Swordfish (07/04/19 03:57 PM)

#3860 - 07/05/19 01:45 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: Swordfish]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Swordfish, most experienced Dommes are aware of all these methods. and many of us have used at least one of them at one point (some still do).

The problem is that using them is a risk. All of them are explicitly against adult transactions -- even if they're legal.

Risks for the Domme:
- The processor discovers what She is doing and Her account is closed and Her funds confiscated (multiple people have reported this with PP)
- A nasty person (client, other Domme, rando) reports Her as engaging in "prostitution" or otherwise selling adult services and that may be all it would take to get Her account closed

And with the way things are going with the War on Sex and Bodily Autonomy, another possible risk is both parties being added to a database of "trafficked/traffickers".

#3861 - 07/05/19 01:46 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: Swordfish]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Does CashApp work in the EU? Venmo is not a thing here.

#3862 - 07/05/19 01:59 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: palmer]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I use Paypal through my LLC and can send invoices that can be paid like any other online bill. I only take deposits for sessions over 2 hours by new people because deposits here are not really done and I came up in the industry before people took deposits and I am used to it.

I just need an email to send it, and I think I see the name associated with the email, or perhaps the name on the CC (definitely not the cc or anything else.) If you can't trust me with your real name, which I will forget anyway, how can you trust me to bring you to the physical limits of BDSM?

PayPal is super precarious, sure, but I wish everyone would pay with PayPal. It would make my accounting a dream. It goes right into my business bank account and then I can pay myself my salary and get my income on paper. I am trying to buy property and having income on paper is a major hurtle for me.

#3863 - 07/05/19 04:01 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: Domina M]
second try Offline
Artisan

I use Amazon gift cards. They are seamless and pose no id issues.

#3868 - 07/05/19 10:15 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Regular

No disagreement! That's why I explicitly said "if you MUST do an electronic payment" -- I should have added "using an app". Just pointing out that if a mistress is going to use an app, paypal may be the least safe. Point well re-iterated that maybe app-based transactions aren't a great idea in the first place

#3870 - 07/05/19 11:33 AM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: Domina M]
Regular

Originally Posted By Domina M
Does CashApp work in the EU? Venmo is not a thing here.

Unfortunately I don't know...

#3872 - 07/05/19 01:52 PM Re: Paypal, privacy [Re: second try]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By second try
I use Amazon gift cards. They are seamless and pose no id issues.

You may use them but the Domme may not.

I personally don't use gift cards for payment for my work. I can't pay my mortgage with an Amazon gift card.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
305 registered (tosser, international, Lady Bellatrix, TheDriver, Domina M, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, Chi61, Soapy, cbtlover, Cheyenne, langerr, Mistress Tissa, nysubjack, HenryB, broom, CelesteTaylor, marstoy, SeekingAdventure, Old_Timer_FL, palmer, WestAugust, domtsub, Boucheron, Robert1218, denali, Chuck123, Bruce88, painslut, artiemus1, sheba322000, Swinburne, midlet, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, The Thomas, HellionCobRoller, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, DominaAdmin, Felix, furfan, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32328 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Atlanta Dungeon