In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#3581 - 06/17/19 10:01 PM Rising tributes
subjohn Offline
Occasional

I live in a town that is too small to have a resident mistress so I usually session when I travel. It seems to me that session tributes have gotten really high in the towns I visit. I was recently in LA and some of the mistresses there charged in excess of 400 per hour and some of them aren't that well known. What are the going tributes in your town and is it just my experience or are they a lot higher lately?

#3582 - 06/18/19 01:55 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Rent has doubled. These things happen.

#3583 - 06/18/19 02:11 AM Rising Rents. [Re: subjohn]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Hey subjohn,

The last few times I sessioned the fees were a bit over $300 an hour ( for sessions in hotel rooms in cheaper areas ) so I can see $400 an hour being charged, in LA, an expensive city.

Densely populated areas == more prodommes & more interesting prodommes

Densely populated areas == higher rents.

Higher rents == higher session fees.

I recently saw a video by a fantastic prodomme in Manhattan who said she loves her NYC dungeon, but the rent was becoming so bad she is learning to enjoy her location while she has it.

Edited by Soapy (06/18/19 04:46 AM)

#3587 - 06/18/19 11:08 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
Everything's getting more expensive around here. Tributes have been rising too, for sure; pro dommes are skilled women, there's barriers to entry (skill, innate talent, ability to run her own business, not-insubstantial investment in tools & outfits), and their costs and risks are rising. Totally understand why rates are going the way they are .

I think it's always healthy to re-examine whether you can afford a particular hobby/activity, whether you should be doing it less often if you can't afford it, and whether there's any way you can scratch your femdom itch any other way (time to start going to munches and find a non-pro partner? time to start exploring femdom with fbsm providers or on seeking.com?). I adjust the mix often

#3588 - 06/18/19 11:50 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Rents in this economy are rising faster than wages. In a profession where you can, (up to the point where you've priced yourself out of range of your customers) give yourself a raise, that's what they have to do. Those who own their home or studio can afford to hold their rates, at least for a while, but when the landlord raises the rent, you have to pay or get out.

#3595 - 06/18/19 03:44 PM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

Most of the rates in New York City for independent resident and visiting dominas are still in the $300--$350 range. I've been expecting a rise to $400 but I haven't seen much evidence of it yet.

#3603 - 06/19/19 07:53 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: Zingish]
wolf Offline
Artisan

Now it is just too expensive for me
I know what they are charging is fair if it can be afforded.
All the best,
wolf

#3604 - 06/19/19 12:10 PM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
subjohn Offline
Occasional

Thanks to everyone for your answers. Domina M I certainly understand about rents going up and all and I am sure it is very expensive in Paris. I meant no disrespect at all to anyone. Was just curious how everybody felt and if I was alone.

I agree with the person that said you have to take everything into consideration and decide if sessions are still worth it. For me right now it is. I just might not be able to do it as often or as long but I need a good sesh every now and then to keep my head on straight - pun intended. lol - sub john

#3615 - 06/20/19 01:47 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: subjohn]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Once upon a time, there were high end indies and houses for those who worked on shifts. The houses were good for a less expensive, last minute fix. Indies charged more but were much more invested in what they were doing (normally).

Along came BackPage and those dabbling didn't need to work at a house. The barrier to entry was null. Anyone who needed a quick bit of cash could pee on a few guys in their living room and then just take down the ad again. Love it or hate it, this kept all session prices low and put all the houses out of business. Session prices were low, but indies could now travel all over and take advantage of being the "New Flavour." Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Backpage went down just over a year ago and decimated the business. No more tours no more dabblers. Incredible shake out in the business. Where there was 100+ dommes, now stands the 20 survivors. Now who can you see? The 20 survivors now have 5 times the business--and, to be fair, a lot more risk. Session prices are just making a long over due correction.

BTW, my tribute has been (mostly) the same for 15 years.

#3618 - 06/20/19 02:59 AM Re: Rising tributes [Re: Domina M]
midlet Online   content

I live in a city where I noticed a lot of visiting dommes . But now it has reduced a lot . I tght maybe people got bored or bcus their tributes r higher to cover the travel expense. But maybe not getting clients due to lack of advertising could be another reason.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
291 registered (cbot, langerr, Soapy, Cheyenne, Chi61, furfan, Lady Velvet Steel, ChicagoSlicker, CelesteTaylor, buffalo, Mistress Ayn, Domina M, mass, Kallcarrty, tosser, Dominions, Chuck123, palmer, international, TheDriver, DominaAdmin, cbtlover, denali, midlet, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, nysubjack, jadreg13, EvedLeNashim, Browniepoints95, Protons1, broom, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, marstoy, Lady Bellatrix, Jeffmill999, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, porkster, Bruce88, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, sheba322000, WestAugust, artiemus1, MsRoseWoods, ztrade, The Thomas, llf, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, Slv4u, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 31081 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

DTLA Dominas