Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Topic Options
#3528 - 06/12/19 05:27 PM Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Quote:

Amina du Jean has never shared her real identity online. Yet somehow, the Metropolitan Police who recently turned up on her doorstep knew her full name and university. They hadn’t come to arrest du Jean – as an independent sex worker, they’d have no grounds to – but rather to perform a “welfare check”. “They said they were concerned that I was a victim of trafficking”, she tells me.

What they were really saying was that they were watching her.

Du Jean can’t be sure of how the police identified her, but she can guess. As a sex worker and former J-Pop idol, her face is all over the internet.

A decade ago, being “face out” might have been a bold statement for sex workers. Recently, it’s become a serious liability. As Gracie Bradley, policy and campaigns manager for human rights organisation Liberty put it at a recent event, police use of facial recognition technology is “turning us all into walking ID cards”.

Quote:

The algorithmic dot-joining that advertises you baby clothes before you even know you’re pregnant might be creepy to most people, but can have life-threatening consequences for sex workers. In 2017, for example, Facebook began suggesting a Californian sex worker’s clients to her as “People You May Know”. What if they’d suggested her to them, too?

At the same time, the migration of sex work to online platforms has made it possible for states to survey workers on an industrial scale – often, as in du Jean’s case, under the guise of sex trafficking crackdowns. Days after the US’s Department of Homeland Security seized the adult listings site Eros in 2017, dozens of sex workers with profiles on the site were detained and deported at the US border.

Read the rest

https://www.newstatesman.com/science-tec...get-sex-workers

#3561 - 06/16/19 08:20 AM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Soapy]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

This is fairly disturbing, I am surprised no one has had any thoughts about it.

#3562 - 06/16/19 12:01 PM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Soapy]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Thanks for posting this soapy. I did read the article and it is concerning. I hear that cam girls are among the most heavliy doxxed. I think I read that on XBiz. I got rid of My "vanilla" Facebook 6 or 7 years ago because I started getting friend requests from clients. Now I have zero "vanilla" social media accounts.

Did you read the article here about mapping hotel rooms using people's selfies? The things that are being done in the name of "human trafficking" are quite Orwellian.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#3568 - 06/16/19 05:46 PM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

With the way things are going, we will soon have to walk around wearing ski masks in order to maintain privacy.

#3577 - 06/17/19 07:35 AM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Mistress Ayn]
MsRoseWoods Online   content

Enthusiast

Hello Mistress Ayn. I am a lifestyle Domme who does pro sessions from time to time. I have a great job in "vanilla world" and am very concerned about being outed by facial recognition tech. I see that you travel to do pro sessions. How do you avoid the problem?

#3578 - 06/17/19 09:34 AM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: MsRoseWoods]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Hello Ms. RoseWoods and welcome to the forums. Having to worry about being "outed" is a valid concern - especially these days. We used to worry about people doing the outing, now we can add the fear of technology.

I don't have the same worries as you. I have no vanilla job and my family is aware that I am a ProDomme. However, we all treasure our privacy and it's just unsafe to have your real name and details known.

For you, I would suggest obscuring your face and any identifying marks in your photos online. Some ladies use pre-paid credit cards or bitcoin to pay for ads so that can't be traced back to them. In addition, if you maintain a social media presence (vanilla or Domme) don't put the apps on your phone. A number of years ago I read on a forum that a client had visited a house of domination and later that day he received a friend suggestion on Facebook of the vanilla profile of a Domme that worked there. He recognized her photo. The assumption was that they were both logged into Facebook on their phones, the tracking software determined they were in close proximity to each other and boom - she was outed. I removed Facebook from my phone immediately after reading that. I don't know how apps like Linkedin, Twitter, etc. track, but I doubt they are as aggressive as Facebook - which seems to be the worst violator of privacy out there. (Conspiracy theorists say they have government backing but who knows?) I only maintain a Domme profile there so I can keep up with events. I don't have a vanilla profile anymore.

I am being more careful about taking cell phone photos in hotel rooms when I travel now. See this POST. So many things have been done in the name of "human trafficking" that who knows who is looking (and collecting) what. None of us wants that knock on the door like the lady in the article.

Forums like these are great recources. Many of the boys here are techies and they stay on top of trends - something I greatly appreciate.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#3584 - 06/18/19 02:25 AM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Its nuts. Just when you thought data mining and the erosion of privacy peaked, they found a way to take it to a whole new level.

#3594 - 06/18/19 03:29 PM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Soapy]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

I notice that several of the airlines are rolling out facial recognition for passengers so that they are able to skip the lines at check-in. Of course, skipping a long queue is a convenience, but in the long run, it's another intrusion by Big Brother.

#3670 - 06/23/19 06:12 PM Re: Facial Recognition Tech Threatening Sex Workers [Re: Soapy]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
All part of the fear campaign to keep those that threaten the status quo in line.

Meanwhile, we have how many priests and pastors in the Christian church abusing and raping minors. Where's the damage control there, huh, Big Brother?

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (langerr, Soapy, Queen Naomi, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Chi61, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, Cheyenne, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Domina M, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, international, Scs202323, denali, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34490 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Isadora