by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3519 - 06/12/19 12:15 PM Social media, politics and Dommes
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I am curious to hear the opinion of subs that follow Dommes on social media. Do you want to know a Domme's political stance or not?

Due to the polarizing effects of politics I am careful to keep my political opinions out of my Domme business. I have my own opinions about celebrities/entertainers weighing in on political issues but I want to know your opinion. As a potential submissve to a Mistress, do you want to know her political opinions or do you want to keep that a mystery? Does it enhance the session if you know you are on the same page? Does it keep you from seeing a potential Domme if you are not?

** Note to the mods: I don't really consider this to be a political thread and I don't want it to turn into one, but if I should have put this in off topic, just let me know and I will move it. **

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#3520 - 06/12/19 12:56 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

Hi Mistress Ayn. In this era of extreme partisanship, it's hard for politics not to creep into domme-sub relations. In following a number of dominas on twitter, I note that the subject of Fosta/Sesta comes up a lot. SW rights and legalization are also a major topic of concern. I have no problem with these dominas expressing their political opinions, especially since many of their opinions directly affect the viability of their continuing to practice their trade.

#3522 - 06/12/19 04:21 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
For the most part, I don't want to know. Pretty much everywhere in the sex industry, it's a fact that the women often have different -- sometimes vastly different -- political views than men wealthy enough to afford their services. At best, expressing those views -- especially if done the wrong way -- are neutral; at worst, many may move on. If that tradeoff is fine for you, for example you only want clients with the same views as you, it's understandable. But if you're trying to keep a diverse group of clients ... well, I'll just say my doctor, CMT, accountant, and other provider of cherished services, do not advertise their politics to me.

I think the exceptions are in areas we all are, or should be, aligned on: sex workers' rights, the legal status of sex work, the impact of things like FOSTA/SESTA on our joint interests, etc. This is a clear political area where I imagine most of us have common cause.

#3523 - 06/12/19 04:31 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Zingish]

Veteran

Hello Zingish.

Thanks for joining in and adding your comments. Politics that directly influence our industry, like SESTA/FOSTA are naturally going to be discussed and are not in themselves divisive. I was talking about references to more partisan issues and views. You know, the political stuff that tends to trend on Twitter as an example. I'm just wondering how you (and other subs or potential clients) feel when you read those kinds of comments and opinions from Dommes you follow. Does it make you want to see a Domme more, or less, or does is simply not matter?

#3524 - 06/12/19 04:34 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Swordfish]

Veteran

Well put, swordfish. Thanks for sharing.

#3526 - 06/12/19 04:48 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Zingish Offline
Artisan

I'm of the opinion that it really doesn't matter. I sessioned with a prominent Domina last summer who is known for political views that are diametrically opposed to mine. The session was wonderful, and thankfully, nothing in our conversation took on a political slant.

#3527 - 06/12/19 05:19 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

It isn't information that I seek out.

It doesn't make a difference to me if a prodomme's politics matches my own..

If her politics do not match my own, I will choose someone else.

That never used to be the case.

It is just that the current American presidential administration has done so many hateful things any association with them would just be a strong turn off to me.

No disrespect to anyone. I'm just answering a question honestly.

Edited by Soapy (06/12/19 05:20 PM)

#3543 - 06/13/19 06:44 AM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
TheBigWoman Offline

Please refrain from disparaging Mistresses. The only reason I did not remove your post is because you did not mention specific persons.

Domina.ms Admin

Social media has been linked to alzheimer's disease, degenerative brain disease, traumatic brain injury and may cause an overall lack of interest in Dommes. The truth is no one who wants to submit to a dominant Mistress needs to know how stupid, hateful and opinionated she is!!!

Edited by DominaAdmin (06/17/19 07:53 AM)

#3549 - 06/13/19 08:36 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: Mistress Ayn]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Interesting question, and something that I have experienced in researching potential Domme partners.

I would prefer that Dommes not express their political opinions and beliefs, although I certainly acknowledge their right to do so. A few have expressed those beliefs using pretty strong language directed at those who do not share their those same beliefs. That's by no means limited to Dommes, as our political discourse has devolved into a stream of insults and name calling from each side to the other.

I would prefer my BDSM play to be a reprieve from that kind of nonsense.

Jack

Edited by nysubjack (06/13/19 08:37 PM)

#3553 - 06/15/19 03:48 PM Re: Social media, politics and Dommes [Re: nysubjack]

Veteran

Originally Posted By nysubjack

I would prefer my BDSM play to be a reprieve from that kind of nonsense.

That's kind of how I see it too, jack.

There are so many divisive issues out there that I try to just avoid them if possible. I think sometimes ProDommes "drink too much of their won Koolaid" and wrongly believe clients will continue to see them even if they say things that are offensive to them. I've always suspected that was not the case and that they lose clents this way. I know I have boycotted movies because I felt the "talent" had in some way offended my belief system. I would imagine prospective clients to ProDommes would be no different.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
289 registered (CelesteTaylor, Soapy, DominaAdmin, langerr, Cheyenne, Domina M, marstoy, Lady Bellatrix, Chi61, broom, furfan, Jeffmill999, tosser, palmer, international, denali, buffalo, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, Mistress Ayn, Dominions, porkster, Bruce88, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, Mistress UV, ChicagoSlicker, nysubjack, jadreg13, TheDriver, EvedLeNashim, sheba322000, Ms_Gia_Peccato, WestAugust, artiemus1, cbtlover, MsRoseWoods, ztrade, The Thomas, llf, Madam Jess, midlet, MsKittyLaReaux, Lady Velvet Steel, Chuck123, Slv4u, DommeLynx, MayaMidnight, Mistress Tissa, Protons1, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, Browniepoints95, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, jeanmarc, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, mass, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 30728 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

DTLA Dominas