In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3033 - 05/02/18 10:36 PM Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang
EmpressMing Offline
Artisan

I have a very serious question. Why won't anyone including the moderators do anything about the abusive trolls on the hang. I'm thinking seriously about not posting there anymore. I know several Dommes who don't post due to the lack of moderation, and the communities extremely poor job of policing it's self!

Empress Ming

#3035 - 05/03/18 06:00 AM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: EmpressMing]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I believe the answer is that they can't, rather than they won't. You know how limited your powers are on here as a moderator & The Hang is run from the same code base. The difference is that y`all can contact the actual administrator of this site if someone gets abusive & they will take care of it. That has not been the case at Max Fisch for several years (it is honestly surprising that the site is still running... Especially considering that The Buzz was hastily set up years ago in anticipation of The Hang being shut down by the "new" owners... who have basically abandoned the site but still continue to allow it to run).

I have barely been on there for a while but it sounds like it has gotten pretty nasty over there considering what Mistress Tissa, yourself and others are saying. Unfortunately, nothing short of it shutting down will move the masses over here where that kind of behavior can be dealt with.

Asp

#3038 - 05/03/18 07:17 AM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: AspX]
EmpressMing Offline
Artisan

Asp, Thank you for your reply. I know some of the moderators on the Hang have the authority to ban members. I have seen it done recently. The same is true about some of the moderators on the Buzz.

These moderators on the hang just seem to use it very selectivelysleep

Empress Ming

#3039 - 05/03/18 03:41 PM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: EmpressMing]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Empress,

Sorry.. I was thinking in terms of deleting posts and threads rather than actually suspending or banning accounts. My understanding, and it could be totally wrong, is that it is actually easier for the mods (as a whole) to suspend/ban rather than deal with posts, threads & DMs.

The issue with banning accounts is that it is so easy for someone to just get a new one & come back in that it is pointless to ban, except in the most egregious cases. I remember a couple of summers ago when a particular troll was pissing everyone (Dom/sub, Female/males) off at Max and it was a huge battle to finally oust that troll from posting (to the point that they were banning multiple accounts per day & at least one individual was wrongly accused and banned on the suspicion that his was another account utilized by the troll).

Its a difficult job & I appreciate all of the people who are willing to take on what is generally a thankless task... And I am not just saying that to kiss the ass of the wonderful Women who do that here, since I know I still have to deposit and then pay full price for that privilege. wink

Asp

#3040 - 05/03/18 05:36 PM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: EmpressMing]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
It's almost surreal how the owners allow the site to run on autopilot. I haven't seen any egregious trolling recently, but I only read the General forum

#3041 - 05/04/18 08:30 AM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: AspX]
EmpressMing Offline
Artisan

Asp, I agree Moderators should not run around banning accounts without ample proof of troll activity. However the Hang member in question created an account simply to harass and for no other reason. The members post history contain nothing but harassing nonsense targeted at a certain group of Dommes.

Empress Ming

#3042 - 05/04/18 08:56 AM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: Swordfish]
EmpressMing Offline
Artisan

Swordfish, I am amazed every time I see that it's still up. I ask myself for what reason?

Does a Dominatrix own it and won't admit it?

Does a group of Dommes own or control it, for their own Machiavellian purposes?

Does Eros own it, and just let fall apart?

Someone works on it when it goes completely down, who is that person and who pays them?

Is that person the "husband" of a highly respected Dominatrix? Inquiring minds want to know?

The WHOIS Database still lists Max Fisch as the owner and gives a telephone # and address in NYC. Does anyone believe this is correct?

#3043 - 05/04/18 04:22 PM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: EmpressMing]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Emoress,

My understanding is actually you nailed it with #4. The original Max founded it and ran it for a long time. He sold it to someone else with "big plans" but that person never was able to do what they wanted.

From here it gets fuzzy, but the rumors were that the 2nd owner sold it to Eros & everyone expected them to shut it down. That is when the site listings were still being managed & Max was actual competition (which is why the scramble to set this site up happened). Eros, for whatever reason, just let it continue but put no resources towards it (there was even a time where getting a new account approved would take months).

What the current situation is, nobody seems to know. I do know that several Dommes have come forward over the last few years wanting to buy it but have never even been able to get any response to their inquiries.

Asp

#3044 - 05/04/18 04:28 PM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: EmpressMing]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Empress,

My only explanation for that is none of the mods still around actually have the power to ban someone. Because, I know it has been done in the past... Especially in a situation exactly like you described.

Asp

#3049 - 05/05/18 12:25 PM Re: Abusive Trolls on Max Fisch The Hang [Re: AspX]
EmpressMing Offline
Artisan

I wrote (PM) to several active moderators (05/02/18) on the Hang about the problem. I've yet to receive one reply. frown frown

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
291 registered (ChicagoSlicker, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Kallcarrty, tosser, Dominions, Chuck123, palmer, international, Cheyenne, TheDriver, Soapy, furfan, Chi61, DominaAdmin, cbtlover, denali, midlet, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, nysubjack, cbot, jadreg13, EvedLeNashim, Browniepoints95, Protons1, langerr, broom, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, CelesteTaylor, marstoy, Lady Bellatrix, Jeffmill999, buffalo, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, Mistress Ayn, porkster, Bruce88, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, sheba322000, WestAugust, artiemus1, MsRoseWoods, ztrade, The Thomas, llf, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, Slv4u, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 30987 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Lynn