by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#2396 - 06/30/17 09:54 PM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: Mistress Ayn]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

"Most of the negative comments I have seen have been at the end of an article (in the comments section) about said books, not things I have seen on forums like this one."

Hmm it might be that the subs who are negative about memoirs are more vocal not that they are more numerous.

I am more than a little surprised that Aspx has not yet shared his thoughts on this topic.

#2397 - 07/01/17 06:24 AM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: The Thomas]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Thomas,

Are you saying that I normally can't shut up? Actually, I came down to Florida to attend the wedding of a former Domme (now retired) who I am good friends with but am having internet problems up the wazoo (I would ask Mistress Ayn to help with that now that she has revealed her skills in dealing with wazoo implement removal but apparently she wants to be compensated for that kind of thing and I am a cheap bastard).

If I can ever get my computer online rather than trying to type on my phone, I will jump into this.

Asp

#2399 - 07/01/17 11:17 AM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: The Thomas]
teddymishka Offline
Regular

Thanks but please do not be sorry. As my surgeon said, I could get a new Aorta valve or he could come to my funeral 10 years ago. Well I think you know what I did. I had Critical Aortic Stenosis which zapped my life into a daily living hell and now I can do 20 to 25 miles per week and lift weights. I feel great and love having amazing sessions. Mistress Ayn is a jewel to session with and to know as a fine human being. Take care and happy holiday.

#2401 - 07/01/17 11:46 AM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: The Thomas]
wolf Offline
Artisan

Over the years I have had many funny experiences and so wonderful encounters.
I know they would make a great magazine article or book.

But I am in total agreement with your opening statement that these experiences are personal and should NEVER be made public.

All the best,
wolf

#2402 - 07/01/17 04:57 PM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: AspX]
Addict

Originally Posted By AspX
Thomas,

Are you saying that I normally can't shut up? Actually, I came down to Florida to attend the wedding of a former Domme (now retired) who I am good friends with but am having internet problems up the wazoo (I would ask Mistress Ayn to help with that now that she has revealed her skills in dealing with wazoo implement removal but apparently she wants to be compensated for that kind of thing and I am a cheap bastard).
Asp

I hoped you demonstrated good taste in your choice of a wedding gift.

#2403 - 07/01/17 05:00 PM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: wolf]
Addict

Originally Posted By wolf

But I am in total agreement with your opening statement that these experiences are personal and should NEVER be made public.

All the best,
wolf

For someone who takes such delight in judging you are so SCARED of being judged.

#2410 - 07/03/17 12:24 AM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: The Thomas]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By The Thomas
I hoped you demonstrated good taste in your choice of a wedding gift.

Since when have I ever demonstrated good taste in anything?

Actually though, I have to admit to an inside joke that I don't even know if she will get. I gave her cash in the amount of the tip that I would always give her at the end of a session (she is the only Domme I have ever tipped but that is because she essentially worked out of a house and the session price was ridiculously low, so I literally would match the price as a tip to her).

#2411 - 07/03/17 12:39 AM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: Mistress Ayn]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Have you read any of these books?

No, but I would definitely be interested in the Cliff notes versions.

Do you think the retelling of dungeon activities, even if the identity of the sub is protected, is inappropriate?

I think it depends upon how well the identity is protected; whether small parts of the story are changed to protect the "innocent"; and what the legitimate expectation of the sub was when they agreed to the session.

There are definitely things that make some subs identifiable to others in the scene, so not changing these details or hinting at who the person as a way to help the reader guess is completely inappropriate unless the sub had told the Domme that it was ok to share stories about them with others if she wanted.

Do the authors generally deserve the critizim they receive?

That depends on the answer to the previous question as well as whether the author was a legitimate part of the Pro Domme scene for many years or if they were just models who visited and are just taking advantage of that for their personal gain.

I am not planning on writing a book - but I think I could write a damned interesting one ;-) Just sayin.

In all honesty, I would love to read that book if you wrote it because I believe you have both the knowledge and integrity to do it in exactly the right way.

Asp

#2414 - 07/05/17 06:20 PM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: wolf]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Finally a dissenter. I know there are subs that feel exactly like you do and I respect that, but it is just not clear to me why? Could you elaborate as to why you think dungeon activities should not be retold - even if the identity of the sub is totally obscured? I get the fact that they are your personal experiences, but it there more to it than that?

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#2415 - 07/05/17 06:52 PM Re: Mistresses and Memoires [Re: AspX]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I think it depends upon how well the identity is protected; whether small parts of the story are changed to protect the "innocent"; and what the legitimate expectation of the sub was when they agreed to the session.

I agree. If the sub is identifiable to anyone but possibly himself, then it's inappropriate. In My opinion, any story can be significantly changed to make even the sub that was part of it question if it is him that is being discussed. If the purpose of the book is to entertain or educate, no one needs to be compromised.

Unfortunately what sells books is often scandal or tell-alls that at least hint that the players will be identifiable. That is why they are written by Dommes that have left the scene. I think that is wrong and offensive to those of us that are not just "tourists" in the scene.

When you say "what the legitimate expectation of the sub was when they agreed to the session", I think it's safe to say no one expects their session with a Domme to ever be made public. That's one of the reasons I still have an issue with all of this, and that might be what wolf is getting at in his comment.

In all honesty, I would love to read that book if you wrote it because I believe you have both the knowledge and integrity to do it in exactly the right way.

Thank you, asp. I totally agree with the statement you made about the intentions of the author. One of the best books I've read by a ProDomme was The Art of Sensual Female Dominance by Claudia Varin. It is written as an educational book and she uses anecdotal stories to teach and entertain. It's brilliant. Instead of being a dry text, it's a page turner that has you laughing, turned on and just about every other emotion. I recommend it frequently to the female half of couples that I see. It was written quite some time ago, so I can't attest to how well she obscured identities, but I have never heard anyone speak ill of her or the book. She has written several since, but I haven't read those.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
318 registered (Eva Lordes, nysubjack, Soapy, Chi61, Moth to a Flame, langerr, Boucheron, CelesteTaylor, Stern Miss Lea, Chuck123, Bruce88, tosser, Domina M, cbtlover, DominaAdmin, furfan, Ms_Gia_Peccato, ztrade, spiderone23, Cheyenne, marstoy, The Thomas, WestAugust, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Tissa, broom, denali, buffalo, HellionCobRoller, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, Poester, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, Dominions, international, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, Mistress Berlin NYC, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33418 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

DTLA Dominas