by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2106 - 03/16/17 07:53 PM Must Max Fisch Die
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

for this forum to live??

I think you have seen film of two queen bees emerging at the same time and fighting each other to the death because there can only be one queen bee. Is this the proper analogy for Domina.ms and Max Fisch???

#2107 - 03/17/17 09:23 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: The Thomas]
wolf Offline
Artisan

This site would make an excellent replacement
All the best,
wolf

#2108 - 03/17/17 11:20 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: The Thomas]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I'm not so sure about the analogy, but I do think MF has to die for The Buzz to flourish. I see it more like this: The contributors to MF are a family living in a big decaying house - one they are comfortable in and where they share great memories with the other occupants. The neighborhood is familiar and the pecking order has been more or less established, so they don't mind if the lights occasionally flicker or the plumbing gets backed up from time to time. They are not moving until that house becomes uninhabitable. I get that.

Personally I am not going to actively participate in an unmoderated forum (or one that is selectively moderated). I may venture over there from time to time to have a chin wag with the residents, but I won't move in. I'll continue to hang out here with the few that venture out of the old neighborhood occasionally. If the old house does fall, the lights will be on here for those that wish to make the transition.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#2109 - 03/17/17 09:00 PM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: Mistress Ayn]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Some interesting thoughts there. I first discovered MF about 3 years ago. I do lurk on it from time to time. One thing I've noticed is their Top Posters list is dominated by people who post mostly on their politics forum. I don't think those guys would view here as being an acceptable replacement because we do not have a politics forum (in fact when someone tried to start a political thread in the Lobby here it was quickly deleted).

#2110 - 03/17/17 09:13 PM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: The Thomas]
jacky b Offline
Artisan

Loc: SoCal
i don't believe max must die to make this a great forum. we just need to get more people to realize it's here. This site is every bit as capable as max, and seems to be monitored. i don't go to these boards for politics - gawd there's plenty of those out there! i come here for frank BDSM talk, and i do get it. Just wish more would transition over.

Also, there don't seem to be the trolls, and abusive people over here, and i like that!

#2113 - 03/18/17 10:25 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: jacky b]

Veteran

Hi jacky b. When this board first launched there was a good amount of buzz on MF, but only a few regular MF posters ever participated here - mainly for the reasons I listed above. If you read some of the posts over there about this forum you will see what I mean. They are comfortable and they don't want to check two forums when the one they have suits their needs.

It just doesn't suit everyone's needs:

Max Fisch is in total disrepair. The search feature works haphazardly. As an example: If I search My own name it returns every post that has Mistress in it. If I search Ayn it returns nothing.

If you are posting something lengthy, you can't copy and paste content. It returns a blank post. If you try to edit a post, it deletes the content and you have to start all over. It took Me about 30 minutes to post the FemDom Mansion announcement there and it still didn't post one of the photos correctly.

AND IT IS UNMODERATED - which is why you have so many trolls over there. If a poster here flames or posts inappropriately the moderators actually moderate. Just knowing there is moderation changes everything, which is why posters here actually treat people like people.

As OwwitHz said in another post, forums are probably dying anyway, but it will be a sad day when they do.

#2127 - 03/19/17 10:36 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: Mistress Ayn]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
When this board first launched there was a good amount of buzz on MF, but only a few regular MF posters ever participated here - mainly for the reasons I listed above. If you read some of the posts over there about this forum you will see what I mean. They are comfortable and they don't want to check two forums when the one they have suits their needs.

I'm one of those addicts that checks both forums. But, honestly, I wouldn't have bothered with this one if it wasn't due to being repeatedly banned from MaxFisch for no obvious reason. At that time, there were others being banned, discussion about it, and other ways in which MaxFisch was deteriorating, and some attempts (including establishing this board) to provide a better-managed alternative in the hopes that everyone would move there and abandon Max. But forums don't work that way.

Every forum has its usses and thems. There are those who are active participants and find things to discuss in mostly a civilized manner. The thems just use the forum for research - they expect there to be experts there who can answer their most off-the-wall questions. When their question is answered (or not) they go away - not necessarily mad, but they don't really have anything to say.

Quote:
Max Fisch is in total disrepair. The search feature works haphazardly. As an example: If I search My own name it returns every post that has Mistress in it. If I search Ayn it returns nothing.

The search on Max Fisch works fine, but you need to understand how to talk to it. If you put "Mistress Ayn" in quotes in the simple search box on Max, you'll find 10 pages of messages, all of which have your name in them somewhere - some you post, some replies to you, some recommendations that people book a session to you. It's a pretty standard compuer search convention to surround a phrase in quotes to search for the phrase rather than any of the individual words.

And if you go to the Advanced Search you can specify where in a post to look for the searched text, you can search for posts for a user name, and you can set a date range within which to search so if you know you're looking for a post from the past month, you don't have to see a six year old post that contains the phrase you're searching for.

The difference between the search on Max and here is that here, it opens with the advanced options. You can get the same search and the same effective results over there with a click.

Quote:
If you are posting something lengthy, you can't copy and paste content. It returns a blank post. If you try to edit a post, it deletes the content and you have to start all over.

It took Me about 30 minutes to post the FemDom Mansion announcement there and it still didn't post one of the photos correctly.

That paste thing is indeed quirky, but it's not something a moderator can fix. Best thing so far is Soapy's explanation of a procedure that works, at least for text saved from certain text editors. But it doesn't work for every word processor on every computer or phone. Perhaps this is fixed in with a software update, but updating forum software isn't trivial and it always upsets the users.

I frequently edit posts and I've never lost one that way. In fact I just edited this one. I wonder what's different for you. Adding a picture to a post is more complicated than it should be, but maybe this is a good thing. If it was easy, think of all the red butts and hairy balls we'd see here.

And perhaps the difficulty with successfully posting a pasted-in message is a blessing, too. It makes it more difficult for a spammer who has obtained a log-in here to fill up the form with canned irrelevant text. But some of them seem to be successful anyway.

Quote:

AND IT IS UNMODERATED - which is why you have so many trolls over there.

Well, the reason why I came here was that I was banned on MaxFisch, not once, but several times. Somebody must be a moderator. Not the kind I'd like, but obviously someone's doing something.

Banning or deleting messages isn't always the right way to handle "problem" posts. Deleting a post that someone considers a troll or flame nearly always prompts a comment about freedom of speech. What would be a good thing would be if a moderator could move a post from where it was posted to a more appropriate section of the board. When I ran a BBS 30 years ago, I used to do that all the time, and leave a private message to the poster telling him where his message went. But that was on PCBoard software that I had on the computer right in my house. It may not be so easy when the forum is actually a computer that isn't local.

I'm very tolerant when reading forums. I can easily ignore spam and not get upset that it's there. I can ignore flame wars. I do tend to defend myself if some starts a fight with me, but that doesn't happen very often. I've learned some useful things from MaxFisch and have met a number of interesting people, some still on-line-only friends, some in person. I don't see myself abandoning it any time soon - unless I get banned again and can't find someone to un-ban me.

Edited by OwwItHz (03/19/17 10:42 AM)

#2128 - 03/19/17 11:40 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: OwwItHz]

Veteran

Originally Posted By OwwItHz
The search on Max Fisch works fine, but you need to understand how to talk to it. If you put "Mistress Ayn" in quotes in the simple search box on Max, you'll find 10 pages of messages

Thank you so much for this. I had someone recently tell Me I was mentioned in a post and I finally had to search for "Atlanta" to find it. This helps tremendously.

That paste thing is indeed quirky, but it's not something a moderator can fix.
But they never do. This has been an issue for at least a couple of years. I've seen others complain. Soapy's suggestion works some of the time for Me, sometimes not - so I usually just feel it's not worth the effort of a long post over there. The last post I put up, I couldn't get one of the pics to display and every time I went in to edit, it lost the entire post and I had to start from scratch. A real pain. I have no such problem here.

Well, the reason why I came here was that I was banned on MaxFisch, not once, but several times. Somebody must be a moderator. Not the kind I'd like, but obviously someone's doing something.

That's not moderation. That is one person's (or group of people's) fiefdom.

I'm very tolerant when reading forums. I can easily ignore spam and not get upset that it's there. I can ignore flame wars.

That's much easier for subs on the forum. For the most part you are a faceless screen name. your reputation isn't at stake and you would suffer no real loss (except maybe your dignity) in a flame war. It's different for Us Mistresses. We are not faceless and we can't just change our screen name and start over.

I don't see myself abandoning it any time soon - unless I get banned again and can't find someone to un-ban me.

As far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here. Thanks for all you input on this post. It was quite helpful.

#2135 - 03/20/17 06:43 AM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: The Thomas]
OwwItHz Offline
Regular

Loc: DC Metro
Glad to do something helpful around here.

The best thing people can do when they see a spam post is to NOT reply to it. The spammer will never read it, and if he does, certainly won't comply since then he knows someone has seen his post. If two or three people post a "get outa here" response, it looks like an active thread and more people will read it.

But we can tell people this time and again and someone still does it.

#2137 - 03/20/17 08:14 PM Re: Must Max Fisch Die [Re: The Thomas]
jacky b Offline
Artisan

Loc: SoCal
Like all the input and good discussion here.

Do all of Y/you feel that we could post over and over on Max to try to bring others to this (imho better)forum? Honestly, wondering why there aren't more coming over. As others have said... simply laziness?

If this became "THE" forum, then one would only need to check one!

One thing that i find particularly offensive is the often abusive tone/reactions seen over there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (international, Cheyenne, Domina M, Soapy, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Queen Naomi, denali, langerr, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34515 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Isadora