by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20665 - 04/23/24 08:11 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: furfan]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By furfan
You can reduce the risk to virtually zero by sessioning with an established and well known Domme but it will never be absolutely zero.

It will be zero with the the most professional of us.

#20666 - 04/23/24 08:14 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]

Sage

Originally Posted By Domina M
I am so sorry that happened to you. I think a measured review in the appropriate section of this site is relevant. Dommes need deposits these days, or it would be a shit show. Clients need to know that we are safe when giving deposits.

Being a professional means being professional. Things come up, even at the last minute, but this means being able to make things right. If a domme was practicing unsafe or unethical practices, it's good for everyone to know.

Again, be measured in your post's words. State facts and perhaps your feelings. Insults or inflammatory language will backfire on you. This post tells me that you are capable of a calm presentation of the facts.

I agree with everything Domina M said.

#20667 - 04/23/24 08:18 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]

Sage

It doesn't sound like a scam. Something happened. We can discuss it, and perhaps the domme in question will make it right, or we can see how she responds. I doubt she will tank her reputation for fifty bucks.

I think so, too, but it's also possible that there are some Dommes who might take advantage of their notoriety, assuming that no one will say anything -- and if they do no one will believe them.

Quote:
Fifty bucks is a poor business practice needing to be called out, not a witch hunt.

Yes, agreed.

#20668 - 04/23/24 08:22 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Soapy]

Sage

Originally Posted By Soapy
I can't see their being ill intent, not for a lousy $50. Probably just too disorganized resulting in an oversight in not getting the deposit back.

It could be disorganization or it could be her protocol. Does she say she doesn't offer refunds under any circumstances? That may be the explanation, though she should have at least replied to one of the messages to reiterate this.

I think when it comes to any difficulty we encounter with a Domme, or anyone, really, is to see if it's a singular incident or a pattern. This is why it's helpful to make note of something so others can know that their experience wasn't unique.

#20669 - 04/23/24 08:23 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]

Sage

42 sessions does not compute for me as an achievable number. I know you have more experience than me, but in 27 years of being a domina, I've never come close to that number.

42 sessions in a week is 6 sessions a day.

Only if you're dreaming.

#20679 - 04/24/24 02:18 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I'm surprised that 6 hours of session time in a day is unthinkable for anyone. My young dom friends are easily getting that many while on tour. I did as when I was active, whether at my home base or traveling. 6 hours doesn't sound excessive at all to me as far as demand. Being certain to take time off to replenish energy and have time for your personal life is the challenge. But, I a mentioned earlier, there are other factors to take into account. To the OT, I don't find the person's claim far fetched at all.

#20707 - 04/27/24 07:53 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: furfan]
Dominions Online   content

It is extremely disappointing and it’s no surprise to me that the discussion has just gone off the rails into how many hours is feasible for a prodomme per week.

Honestly I expected there to be very little appetite to hold an established prodomme to account for her actions.

For travelers, the $50 deposit is just the tip of the iceberg, the extra hotel stay, the fees in changing flight etc can be a few times that.

#20708 - 04/27/24 08:01 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Soapy]

Legit dommes are not going to set out to scam $50, that I absolutely agree that it makes no sense.

But consider this scenario, a prodomme accepted a booking for a month away by a traveler. That is usually further than the time frame that locals book (usually within the week), but she accepts it because why not?

A couple of weeks later, she makes agrees to travel with her friends or to attend an event in another city, or makes some other travel plans. Work (pro domming) is the last thing on her mind right now and she completely forgets about checking her schedule.

Nearer to date, just before she sets off on her travel, she announces that she would not be available during those days. The traveler sees the announcement and checks in with her. Oppsie daisies, but she doesn’t care. The guy is an unknown traveler who wouldn’t represent much lost future business anyway.

Traveler asks for deposit back, she doesn’t care. Why take the effort and money to purchase an Amazon card back for him when she can conveniently click on the delete email button instead?

What can he do to her? Post a thread ? Accost her on her twitter?

Would you consider that intentional malice? I don’t know, and I agree she didn’t set out to scam, but the lack of consideration was truly disappointing. I not only lost the deposit but incurred the cost of hotel and flight change for nothing.

#20709 - 04/27/24 08:03 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Mistress Tissa]

It was her cancellation and not mine so I don’t think her protocol comes into play here. When I first confirmed that she forgot our appointment she did reply that she would refund, but she ignored subsequent emails (2-3).

Edited by Dominions (04/27/24 08:03 AM)

#20714 - 04/27/24 10:54 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Dominions]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Like others have said, it is unfortunate that this happened to you, especially since it was so easily avoidable. I agree with you and others others that this was not a preplanned rip off, but once you made her aware of it, and she failed to keep her commitment to refund your deposit, then in my opinion it did become a rip off even if only for $50. She took, and then kept your money despite telling you she would refund it. What else should it be called once she promised and then refused to refund tour money ?

Fortunately, the vast majority of ProDommes are as honest and trustworthy as the expect their clients to be. I know this from personal experience.

I think you are correct that she doesn't feel that there will be any consequences for this, and she is probably right about that. Maybe she has more clients and sessions than she can possibly handle, but I would like to think that at least one potential client who was considering sessioning with her has read this thread and decided otherwise.

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
320 registered (nysubjack, Soapy, langerr, Stern Miss Lea, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, CelesteTaylor, DominaAdmin, Poester, denali, Cheyenne, tosser, Bill Coda, HellionCobRoller, Moth to a Flame, Dunkinsimth, artiemus1, Chi61, Domina M, TheDriver, buffalo, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, The Thomas, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, Boucheron, Chuck123, Bruce88, furfan, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, Dominions, international, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, T-bone, zeta, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33652 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Sponsor a Domina