by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#20626 - 04/20/24 09:02 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]
cbtlover Online   content
Regular

Loc: Tampa, Florida
It dosen't matter how many sessions, if none are real.

These Twitter/X ripoff queens are a PLAUGE on pro BDSM!

#20632 - 04/21/24 04:09 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Cheyenne]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Really? That sure is a lot. When I had a fully functional house of domination with a receptionist in Midtown Manhattan, I maxed out at 25-27 sessions weekly. This was working 11 hours a day, seven days a week. To be perfectly honest, the quality of my sessions suffered. I only have so much to give. Maybe I'm not as strong as these young dommes, but 42 in a week sounds impossible.

These days, I know I have 10-12 hours to give to sessions a week, but it is usually less. By keeping this boundary, I can maintain the quality and connection required for good playtime.

Respectfully, 42 sessions does not compute for me as an achievable number. I know you have more experience than me, but in 27 years of being a domina, I've never come close to that number.

#20633 - 04/21/24 05:45 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Domina M
Really? That sure is a lot. When I had a fully functional house of domination with a receptionist in Midtown Manhattan, I maxed out at 25-27 sessions weekly. This was working 11 hours a day, seven days a week. To be perfectly honest, the quality of my sessions suffered. I only have so much to give. Maybe I'm not as strong as these young dommes, but 42 in a week sounds impossible.

These days, I know I have 10-12 hours to give to sessions a week, but it is usually less. By keeping this boundary, I can maintain the quality and connection required for good playtime.

Respectfully, 42 sessions does not compute for me as an achievable number. I know you have more experience than me, but in 27 years of being a domina, I've never come close to that number.

I've always been interested in the business aspects of pro domination. When you talk "sessions" per week are you assuming hour long sessions?

I've always wondered about just how many paid hours a full time Domme would do in an average week. Also about how many hours of admin, promotion, session preparation or cleanup are needed to support each of those active "in session" hours.

It's easy to see session rates of 300-400+ per hour and think "wow! she's making a mint" but when you stop and think about overhead like gear and studio costs as well as unpaid hours spent supporting the business that calculation changes a lot.

#20634 - 04/21/24 06:27 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: furfan]

Enthusiast

Tracking my time invested in all the work surrounding sessions for years--it was 5-6 hours for every session hour. Working 10-12 hours of paid sessions seems like nothing until you realize it's a 60-hour work week.

Deposits (back to the original post topic) have cut this to about 3 hours. My income has not changed, but I have a life now. It's glorious. The quality of my sessions has also improved because I can be present and prepared for each appointment. I wouldn't want to do more than 15 a week, though that is very rare. The amount of emotional labor I put into my sessions, which makes them a good experience for everyone, is limited.

Perhaps someone is doing 42 sessions a week. Me, I am not a fetish dispensing machine. Thinking about 42 sessions in one week makes me want to take a nap.

#20635 - 04/21/24 11:33 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

That's a huge reduction in unpaid hours. I never would have guessed it would be that much. ...all from having a deposit policy? I assume it's due to weeding out time wasters faster and earlier in the process?

Knowing that it makes that much of a difference it's hard to begrudge a Domme requiring a deposit.

#20637 - 04/21/24 12:54 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: furfan]

Enthusiast

My booking form is directly on my calendar. Clients can book directly, block out their appointment, and make the deposit all in one go—and even change it on their own. This saves me an amazing amount of time.

In the three years I have used this system, I have only had one unacceptable booking, so I immediately canceled it and refunded the deposit.

I still have to maintain my dungeon--keeping it cleaned and stocked, answering questions from some emails, doing photoshoots, putting up ads, and posting on damned social media, but fielding multiple time wasters each hour is not my problem.

#20640 - 04/21/24 04:28 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I've always thought NYC and LA as being their own world in relation to ProDom. In Columbus, Ohio where I started out, it was slamming busy. There was not enough hours in the day for all of the session requests. When I started to travel, it because I was getting bored with my own dungeon. Chicago, Raleigh, Detroit...I can't think of a place that wasn't crazy busy. But, different day, different time, I guess. Kink is mainstreamed now, so that could be a factor.

#20643 - 04/21/24 06:09 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Domina M]
cbtlover Online   content
Regular

Loc: Tampa, Florida

"If a disreputable Domme with criminal intentions schedules 42 sessions for a fraudulent US tour. Then takes $50 to $100 dollars per deposit that's roughly $3100 dollars. High Profit for setting around the pool in LA, or Vancouver."

Respectfully, I didn't say 42 per week. I said 42 per a fraudulent US tour. If you are not doing the sessions, just stealing deposits you could schedule 500, or 1500.

I sessioned with you at your Midtown location in the Murray Hill area. Super nice Dungeon with custom made equipment. I think you said Sonny Black made it. You were beautiful, talented, and the session quality was excellent.

#20644 - 04/22/24 02:24 AM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: cbtlover]

Enthusiast

Quote:
I sessioned with you at your Midtown location in the Murray Hill area. Super nice Dungeon with custom made equipment. I think you said Sonny Black made it. You were beautiful, talented, and the session quality was excellent.

Aww, thank you for sharing that. It warms my heart. I'm glad to hear you had a good experience. I know there was a time when I got incredibly burnt out, and the quality of my sessions suffered. Fortunately, that was not our case. smile

Quote:
Respectfully, I didn't say 42 per week. I said 42 per a fraudulent US tour. If you are not doing the sessions, just stealing deposits you could schedule 500, or 1500.

I appreciate your candor in allowing me to respectfully flush this out with you. None of us are immune from knee-jerk reactions. Thankfully, this is not Twitter; we can take time to have some thought-out discussions longer than micro-blogging.

What I am trying to say to you is that the scenario you laid out is entirely plausible but not at all probable. Someone could set up a presence and tours with no intention of fulfilling the sessions, but it would have to be a lot of work to do so deceitfully. I mean, FinDom is a thing; they could do that, and it would be at least more honest and sustainable. I've met a lot of dominas worldwide, and I have heard a lot of, quite frankly, dumb business plans/ideas, but never something like scamming deposits. The most significant indicator of whether a real-time domme will succeed is if she respects her subs. I can tell you fetish clients are pretty savvy. A business model based on clients being "stupid" or "broken losers" will fail.

I think a much more likely scenario is poor time management and setting up expectations that can't be followed through. When I looked at the domme in question, she appeared real, invested in her business, and did a lot to promote herself well. The only red flag I saw was that she really had a lot going on. It is so difficult to juggle travel, content creation, and real-time sessions. My guess (and I don't know, maybe she will join the discussion with her side) is that there was so much going on that she did not prioritize the sessions for which she had deposits. Not respecting deposits will lead to people not booking, and maybe she will stay with content creation.

I've said this before, but I think ProDomination is fracturing into niches. Being a FinDom or content creator can be counterproductive to real-time sessions. I don't begrudge those who have the Uber-Bitch, "I'm going to ruin you and your family," Queen of Mean" parasocial presence, but I wonder how they expect to get deposits that normally include sensitive information with this persona.

#20664 - 04/23/24 08:09 PM Re: Deposit Lost from famous domme [Re: Dominions]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

Originally Posted By Dominions
asked for a $50 deposit by amazon giftcard

Her own protocol aside, deposits by Amazon gift card are not ideal because, aside from the risk with a TOS violation, they are not refundable.

Quote:
Cut to the week itself, she cancelled abrutpy and offered a date which I would have left Canada by then. Despite several emails, I have not gotten the deposit back.

Anyone encountered this? I'm hesitant to name names, but it is a rather legit and well-known prodomme. This makes me now hesitant to place deposit except by Paypal because there is no recourse. Not only did I lose the deposit, the time I set aside was wasted (I could have seen someone else and that was the greater cost).

If you have attempted to reach her several times, hopefully in different places, like her email and social media, and she has not replied, then I personally believe you have a right to post a review in which you mention what happened. I would keep it matter-of-fact and leave as much emotion or speculation out of it as possible.

I think we all need to give each other the benefit of the doubt in these kinds of circumstances, as it could be a misunderstanding, but when someone contacts a Domme multiple times and receives no reply it starts to look deliberate.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
320 registered (Bill Coda, CelesteTaylor, HellionCobRoller, Soapy, Moth to a Flame, Dunkinsimth, langerr, artiemus1, Chi61, Domina M, TheDriver, DominaAdmin, buffalo, broom, cbtlover, Poester, Ms_Gia_Peccato, nysubjack, The Thomas, Cheyenne, WestAugust, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, denali, Boucheron, Stern Miss Lea, Chuck123, Bruce88, tosser, furfan, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, Dominions, international, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, Mistress Berlin NYC, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, T-bone, zeta, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Ma$oboy, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33536 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Atlanta Dungeon