Before I write anything else, I think that if a domme wants three references, my college transcripts and a copy of my utility bill before sessioning, that is their prerogative. I'm posting this question not as criticism but just to see how others like me have handled the trend of dommes asking for a higher degree of personal info before booking than was the case a decade ago. Again, I understand all the reasons why -- time-wasters and safety first among them. But it's definitely an adjustment for someone like me, who sessioned for too many years just in the commercial NYC houses where I'd be known via a slave number after one anonymous first visit. (And when I'd book with indies, they were usually dommes who I had met first at houses.)

I realize that in these days of face recognition, pure anonymity is going away. But listing real name, contact info, even your LinkedIn profile on the same online form where you list all your fetishes and kinks -- for someone who is privacy-focused, it is a lot.

Thinking about this because I've barely sessioned the last five years, don't have references within the one-to-two year range most dommes require, and the increased focused on screening is a bit of a deterrent. I realize that it's something to get over, and I probably will, but wonder if any other older subs who were used to the days of anonymous house booking have had to work on adapting to the new protocols. (Which, again, I understand all the reasons for and support dommes who wish to implement them.)