04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20477 - 04/10/24 12:00 AM Session Rates going down
LAN Online   content

I noticed about 3 Dominatrices in the Seattle area have lowered their advertised rates. I noticed one that was previously firm about $ 500 in the past, is now $ 450 and advertises that that she offers special lower rates occasionally.

Is the Dominatrix business slowing down due to the high cost or is this a first sign the economy is slowing down and we’re entering a recession?

#20484 - 04/10/24 02:48 PM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: LAN]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

It has always been something that ebbs and flows, for various reasons.

#20486 - 04/11/24 03:03 AM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: LAN]
Domina M Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Jeeze, I hope not. I raised my rate to 350€ last year after almost 20 years of being $300/300€. 350€ adjusted for USD, and inflation since 2000 is $207. This is a seven-buck raise since I was a novice domme in LA in 1998. I'm still the highest in my area but have the most experience and advanced dungeon.

Of course, it's supply and demand in an area. Mainstreaming BDSM means more women are interested in doing it. The upside is you can probably more easily find a lifestyle partner. If you are interested in a bratty-girl type domme (nothing wrong with that), you will have more options to have her dominate you at your hotel or in her living room. If you seek a dungeon and specific outfit experience, that will probably keep being expensive. Investing in gear and outfits is still cost-prohibitive.

There will most likely be a fracturing of domination types. I hope we can do it gracefully without turning on each other.

#20487 - 04/11/24 07:11 PM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: Domina M]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

I think that fracturing has already occurred. I think the person encountering BDSM today would most likely do so on social media, where the brat style and findom reign. The traditional domination experience -- leather, a real dungeon -- seems like a niche experience, increasingly. And FWIW, your rates are incredibly reasonable for what you offer.

#20488 - 04/11/24 08:24 PM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: Domina M]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

Domina M - I think you are dead on with “fracturing of domination types”. I’ve noticed that over the years. 20 years ago when I started sessioning most Domme ads were similar. Sure they had some different focus areas, specialties but for the most part were similar. Now I think the world has already split a bit. I see wrestler focused, findom focused, classic focused, Video/online only, more new school, etc and to your point a lot of “bratty girl type”. I suspect this will continue. Whether that’s good or bad is subjective I suppose

On a side note, fwiw in my experience I seem to see rates going up more than down lately but I have expensive tastes ????

#20490 - 04/11/24 10:27 PM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: Domina M]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Domina M,

Your hourly rate of 350€ ($375) is frankly extremely reasonable for someone of your reputation and experience. No doubt back in the USA you could rightly command more, of which I am sure you are well aware.

You mentioned that your fee is the highest around, which is surprising to me as I would think that a cosmopolitan city like Paris would have a thriving professional BDSM scene with high demand for a Domme like yourself. Are rates in Paris typical of rates throughout western Europe ? If so, any thoughts as to why that is the case ?

#20491 - 04/12/24 02:59 AM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: LAN]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Unlikely. There was a time there was a stronger correlation between price and value. After Covid there was a big increase of supply and a uniformization of prices. I do not expect any significant changes until we get a recession. When it happens I still don't think it will change as much prices as who remains in the business.

#20492 - 04/12/24 03:10 AM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: Domina M]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I think that those seeing you in the past or present were lucky and had a very good deal. I think you are one of the most interesting persons on this site and if I were to visit Paris you are the first I would like to meet.

#20497 - 04/12/24 06:53 AM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: Chi61]

Enthusiast

You put it better than I did. Yes, I think we are all much more "niche" than we were 20 years ago. I don't see any reason for that to be a bad thing. Many aspects of FemDom aren't for me--you mentioned wrestling and findom, which are fine, but just not me. I am pretty comfortable with the phrase, "That is not an experience I provide," responding to requests that don't feel good. Being all things to all people would be exhausting.

Nothing wrong with expensive taste if it corresponds with quality.

#20498 - 04/12/24 07:05 AM Re: Session Rates going down [Re: nysubjack]

Enthusiast

One can have a quality life for much less money in Paris than in New York, San Francisco, or Los Angeles. I also make a lot of personal sacrifices because I take pride in the level of experience I provide. (Also, it stokes my ego to be the only one at my level in a city as famous as Paris.)

There isn't a "culture" of BDSM as I found in other places. There are some legal and historical reasons for that. I see it changing, but to be honest, I have a wait-and-see attitude to many people flaunting the law. I still remember why I left NYC in 2009.

People cannot legally train another domina (trafficking/pimping) or rent a dungeon to a pro (again trafficking/pimping), so most domina's are not well trained and don't invest in a dungeon. Few people are exposed to the dungeon experience.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Queen Naomi, Soapy, Domina M, denali, Cheyenne, langerr, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Chi61, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, international, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34495 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Jada Sinn