Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#20338 - 03/24/24 07:56 AM Facilities
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

I'm a huge gear junkie and love large studios/dungeons of several rooms with lots of BDSM furniture and tons smaller equipment items. I love a subterranean dungeon vibe and if there is a small concrete cell that's even better. eek

I'm curious as to what people here think might be some of the contenders for best equipped playspaces in North America in this category?

Some that spring to my mind include Irene Boss's Pittsburg Compound and Amanda Wildefyre's house in Minneapolis (although I think she might be retired now) Both of these are full houses dedicated to play. Troy Orleans is hugely into bondage and looks to have some amazing stuff but I suspect working out of Midtown Manhattan limits her in terms of space.

Both Atlanta Dungeon and Mistress Tissa's Temenos sound interesting but the websites don't go into a lot of photo or video detail on gear or studio rooms and size. The old mill that Goddess Nemesis has in western Mass also look interesting but once again there isn't a lot of detail.

I'm sure I'm making some glaring omissions. Does Michele Lacy still have that country space?

It almost seems Europe might be better in this context but maybe that's just what some European Dommes emphasize on their websites. Also, I suppose far more very old buildings make dungeon like spaces more commonplace?

#20340 - 03/24/24 11:44 AM Re: Facilities [Re: furfan]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I had a fetish for great spaces. Yes, Irene Boss's Compound was simply amazing. When I first started out as a prodom, I visited and was very inspired. My place in Rhode Island had more or a NYC feel with larger rooms. But, it was cool as heck. Michelle Lacy bought the ClubDom location from me several years ago. She ended up selling it to buy an ocean front mansion close to the Panhandle in Florida. It is AWESOME. She also has a space in Delray Beach studio that reminds me of the style of the Sex in the City meets FemDom. It is SO cool. I hear Jean Bardot has a great space in Minnesota. I don't dout there are a lot of them out there. The Atlanta Dungeon sounds great too.

While facilities aren't everything, it certainly helps the mind set.

#20341 - 03/24/24 01:24 PM Re: Facilities [Re: furfan]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

It definitely doesn’t have the subterranean dungeon vibe, but the Goddess Girls (Mistress Mercy’s) dungeon in Pompano Beach is one of my absolute favorites. The White Room has just such a relaxing pleasing aesthetic but is filled with various BDSM furniture and implements of destruction. There are a couple other rooms, but the White Room is my favorite.

#20342 - 03/24/24 02:12 PM Re: Facilities [Re: furfan]
strangefruit Online   content

It's hard to beat Studio Avalon in Berlin. There are several dungeons all over Germany in these old industrial spaces. Avalon was iconic.

With BDSM and sex work being legal in Germany it is easy for a someone to invest in a space and know they will be in it for the long term with less risk, so the Germany really go for in building up their dungeons.

#20343 - 03/24/24 02:47 PM Re: Facilities [Re: strangefruit]
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

Yes, I can certainly see how not having to fly below the radar could make investing big dollars in a facility easier to justify.

#20344 - 03/24/24 06:01 PM Re: Facilities [Re: furfan]
cbtlover Online   content
Regular

Loc: Tampa, Florida
I've sessioned on three continents. I agree German dungeons are spectacular, but I believe Atlanta Dungeon rivals them. Mistress Ultra Violet and the other Atlanta Dungeon Mistresses are one of a kind in America.

Mistress Ultra Violet's Atlanta Dungeon

#20345 - 03/24/24 06:58 PM Re: Facilities [Re: cbtlover]
langerr Online   content
Regular

I've sessioned all over the U.S. and Europe and have been in at least half of the dungeons mentioned.
Irene's Compound compares favorably to the best of them. Besides the eight rooms (one below ground), the amount of equipment (apparatus and toys) she has is insane.

#20348 - 03/24/24 09:41 PM Re: Facilities [Re: langerr]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

Is there anywhere in Berlin (or Germany) that would compare to the now closed Studio Avalon? I know there's Studio Lux, but that seems lighter on the equipment. Have you been to Der Femdom in Zurich?

#20350 - 03/24/24 10:22 PM Re: Facilities [Re: furfan]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By furfan
I'm a huge gear junkie and love large studios/dungeons of several rooms with lots of BDSM furniture and tons smaller equipment items. I love a subterranean dungeon vibe and if there is a small concrete cell that's even better.

Same here, furfan.

I'm sure many of us would love to have a multi-room studio with lots of gear but the fact of the matter is that this kind of thing is very expensive.

Aside from money the logistics of acquiring a space like this can be tricky. Assuming you can afford both housing AND renting a studio, renting means you either need to find someone who is okay with what you do or lie and hope they don't find out. The former is highly unlikely and the latter is something I wouldn't want to be entangled in.

Quote:
Some that spring to my mind include Irene Boss's Pittsburg Compound and Amanda Wildefyre's house in Minneapolis (although I think she might be retired now) Both of these are full houses dedicated to play.

You're right - Ms. Amanda Wildefyre is retired.

I would love to have a whole house dedicated to play. You have to have a nice chunk of cash to do that unless you're going to live in it, too.

Quote:
Mistress Tissa's Temenos sound interesting but the websites don't go into a lot of photo or video detail on gear or studio rooms and size.

Thanks for including me on your list! I used to have a lot of details about what's in my dungeon but I took much of it off. The honest reason? I've spent a decade curating my space and detailing that all out makes it easy for copycats.

I had a conversation about this with another Domme who also has her own space. We both noticed some things: I noticed that when I mentioned I acquired something someone then acquired the same piece. She said she also noticed that after she spoke about adding a few things to her dungeon someone who appeared to be building their dungeon literally went and bought the same things.

So we both kind of agreed that the downside of discussing details -- not just about our dungeons but really many aspects of our practice -- is that is makes it very convenient for someone who may not know what they're doing or is lazy and not want to do the legwork themselves to just piggyback on other people's efforts.

So, I decided to omit the details and just show some of the things in videos, as I have on my site and in my blog. I figure people would rather see anyway and that if people have a question they can always ask.

Quote:
It almost seems Europe might be better in this context but maybe that's just what some European Dommes emphasize on their websites. Also, I suppose far more very old buildings make dungeon like spaces more commonplace?

I think they just have access to different inventory that we have here.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (03/24/24 10:26 PM)

#20351 - 03/25/24 12:35 AM Re: Facilities [Re: langerr]
cbtlover Online   content
Regular

Loc: Tampa, Florida
Atlanta Dungeon with it's Six dungeon rooms, subterranean torture chamber, and complete medical room is my favorite by far. Atlanta Sissy School and Femdom Mansion are also part of the package. I counted 15 mistresses currently on Atlanta Dungeon's website. 20 or so if you count associate mistresses. Mistress Ultra Violet and Madam Jess host training classes and events for the community every month. Their parties are legendary.

https://www.atlantasissyschool.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
335 registered (palmer, Soapy, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Mistress Tissa, Bentographer, Cheyenne, Chamberpot, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Domina M, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, WestAugust, Queen Naomi, international, langerr, cbtlover, Scs202323, denali, The Thomas, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, nysubjack, Boucheron, furfan, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, ChicagoSlicker, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Mistress Berlin NYC, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34430 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mrs. Weltsova