Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#19534 - 01/25/24 12:59 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

You make a good point that people can only talk about the same subject so many times before it is tiresome. Another factor, I've experienced and have heard from others who feel the same, is that it isn't always accepted to express opposing views. It is discouraging for posters to be shut down in amicable conversation. I've seen it go the other way too, where trolls, who have stated intentions to cause harm, are tolerated, even the loss of well meaning posters. It is a tough balance. I don't envy the job of the admin.

#19535 - 01/25/24 02:00 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Cheyenne]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

The guy who started this thread, The Driver is the best example of a courteous poster. He rarely posts but when he does every post matter. Some of the answers to his posts were aggressive though, although not to this one.

You yourself Cheyenne are the best example of how you can have an argument without things becoming personal. Even your posts in Politics where I hold different views are interesting.

So I think that the original question stays, but the accent is not on why the posts stopped, but on why they stopped now.

#19537 - 01/25/24 03:35 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Komodo]

Pooh-Bah

Actually, I was referring to why now and recent events. All discussion forums ebb and flow. Long term, it is probably just a bump in the road.

#19540 - 01/25/24 06:16 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Cheyenne]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Speaking of bumps in the road I hope MF is not dead for good. Contrary to many I think that both of these sites benefit from the presence of the other one. If MF stays down I think it is more likely that some of the posters to both will stop completely than that posters to MF only will find The Buzz.

#19541 - 01/25/24 07:10 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Komodo]

Pooh-Bah

Agreed on all points. More than likely, MF will come back. It always does...until the one day that it doesn't. Both sites have their place. I appreciate both of them. But, one couldn't replace the other. There was a glimpse of that some years back..but, I think that ship has sailed. Social media platforms have taken a huge bite out of discussion forums on top of it.

#19543 - 01/25/24 09:49 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: TheDriver]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

I've given this a few days of thought and, to quote Margo Channing, "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy ride."

It's fascinating that this thread from early last year, around nine months after it was posted. It comes after someone posted a reminder about objectionable posts, and I guess mine was in the view of the someone who is quite visible on this site. My post was erased without warning, and followed up with a rather curt PM.

I do not have a copy of my deleted post, but as I remember it involved threads that reminded me of the issues about setting boundaries during sessions and how those boundaries can sometimes get crossed, that are not part of the scene. It happens... I wrote from experience. In writing my post I never mentioned anyone by name, I did not intend to brag or boast, was certainly not trolling anyone since the whole MF atmosphere over the years turned me off. That's why I came here a few years ago.

I've learned about the experiences of others, shared my own and put my years in the scene in perspective. Hopefully some of my posts have been at least entertaining. I have met more than my share of beautiful, creative and brilliant Mistresses over the years. Insulting anyone in the scene via a post has never been a goal for me.

So, whomever owns this site, if you want to have more engaging topics here, don't stifle creativity. Set true guidelines, including diplomacy and, dare I say, emphasize civility and politeness. (Yeah, even today, those qualities exist.) That's my "Somehwat" pointed suggestion to all.

#19552 - 01/26/24 01:24 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: junglebeast]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Hi Junglebeast,

This thread reappeared because after an absence of 18 months I looked specifically for TheDriver and found this inter4sting post. Something I find more puzzling is that I also wrote him a message and this morning I saw my messages flashing, I went there and my message was gone. Now My messages does not flash anymore.

Has something like this ever happened to anybody else? Does anybody has access to our messages? Are they not supposed to be private?

#19566 - 01/27/24 03:36 AM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: junglebeast]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By junglebeast
It comes after someone posted a reminder about objectionable posts, and I guess mine was in the view of the someone who is quite visible on this site. My post was erased without warning, and followed up with a rather curt PM.

"someone"

How is your being passive aggressive toward me a display of these diplomatic, civil, and polite values you suggest we all adopt?

Quote:
In writing my post I never mentioned anyone by name, I did not intend to brag or boast, was certainly not trolling anyone since the whole MF atmosphere over the years turned me off.

My goodness, you are having a hard time with this very reasonable request: people using discretion when discussing illegal topics, such as a professional (i.e. paid) Domme having sex with her clients.

Aside from the legal aspect, it can add to a feeling of hostility toward Dommes. This is why some of us leave these boards, you know. We get sick of the way guys talk about us, our appearance, our bodies, our age, how they fucked that Domme and why won't we fuck them? or why won't we take a Cheesecake Factory gift card as a deposit because you need discretion!? Perhaps overlooking that we might be someone's wife and the whole thing is upsetting for more than one reason.

And then we have the guys who either had sex or want us to believe they had sex with a Domme and who have to talk about it. For whatever Dommes who've chosen to do this with their clients it might make them feel very uncomfortable -- name or not. Because I guarantee that if she ever reads someone talking about it it she's thinking, "will people figure out it's me?"

I have explained this to you at least three times now. The first two times I only edited out the detail followed by a private message. Third time? I'm just going to remove the whole post. This is very much deserved. No moderator should have to ask three times. In other forums you would have been removed by now. You're still here. So, please do not paint yourself as a victim who's not allowed to write his erotica of imaginar---I mean, that your "creativity" is "stifled".

So, where have all the topics gone? This was posted months ago when the forum was experiencing a quiet period. These periods will only return and increase if the topics are all about icky girls with icky tattoos, why won't you trade bitcoin so I can cheat on my wife in peace, I licked a pro's pussy and I'm here to tell y'all bout it again and again, and other Very Good FemDom topics.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (01/27/24 03:40 AM)

#19584 - 01/27/24 10:07 AM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: Mistress Tissa]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Well... I kinda expected that reaction.

Am I "passive aggressive"? No, I didn't deign to include your name on my post, to try to avoid inflaming the conversation.

My thanks to you. Your posts have done me a great favor, no sarcasm intended. I realize now I've spent too much time here, especially since Covid.

I've put a formal request in to delete my account.

Edited by junglebeast (01/27/24 10:15 AM)
Edit Reason: Added information.

#19586 - 01/27/24 12:01 PM Re: Where have all the topics gone [Re: junglebeast]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

FWIW

JB. I for one would hate to see you go. The stories of your escapades are always entertaining to read. You’ve been a solid contributor here imo.

Mistress Tissa. I can’t speak for others here, but I have tried to take your comments in the past to heart. I’ve refrained from any further posts that touch on topics you’ve pointed out could be offensive to Dommes. Not looking for a medal, just pointing out some of us are trying to listen.

I’d also mention on the icky threads, I thought on the one you mentioned it was great that virtually every comment was contrary to the OP’s POV.

I really enjoy the community here. I find it a safe space (for the most part) to express thoughts, to listen, and to learn. I hope it continues for a very long time.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Domina M, Soapy, denali, Cheyenne, langerr, Queen Naomi, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Chi61, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, international, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34492 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Lady Bellatrix